Rent due in Florida

Find how to get help with rent
Sonya
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent due in Florida

Post by Sonya »

I have just recently lost my job and am hoping to find some assistance with my rent and my electric bill I am supposed to be starting a job within the next couple of weeks but that will then be too late as my rent is due to landlord before then. If you can assist me with this I am willing to pay back the money an a monthly payment plan. Please contact me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent due in Florida

Post by Admin »

What city or county in Florida? I can post more specific info if you have that. In the meantime try this resource for a listing of programs. If you scroll down you can probably find your city or count listed, and follow that link as well to more localized information. I know one Florida rent program is the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP). This provides a grant or cash for rent and housing payments.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Sonya wrote:I have just recently lost my job and am hoping to find some assistance with my rent and my electric bill I am supposed to be starting a job within the next couple of weeks but that will then be too late as my rent is due to landlord before then. If you can assist me with this I am willing to pay back the money an a monthly payment plan. Please contact me
Preetip

Rent due in Marion Springs Florida

Post by Preetip »

I am in desperate need for rental assistance. I am currently unemployed, and my boyfriend is the only one working however, he works at the silver springs wildlife park at minimum wage and his hours were reduced since the park is only open a few days a week. I did find a job and start on Tuesday however I won't get paid from there for several weeks. Is there any suggestions of where I can go. I live in Silver springs, Marion county. Please feel to reach me
thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rent due in Marion Springs Florida

Post by Admin »

Florida Marion County? As the county exists in other states as well. I think that is where you are. If not let me know. So here are options and charities and programs. The main place to call is probably Central Florida Community Action Agency or the Marion County Homeless Council (phone (352) 454-7760). Both of these places provide assistance and help with rent, moving expenses, security deposits and other aid. If you do not get paid for several weeks they can provide some short term rent help as well.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Preetip wrote:I am in desperate need for rental assistance. I am currently unemployed, and my boyfriend is the only one working however, he works at the silver springs wildlife park at minimum wage and his hours were reduced since the park is only open a few days a week. I did find a job and start on Tuesday however I won't get paid from there for several weeks. Is there any suggestions of where I can go. I live in Silver springs, Marion county. Please feel to reach me
thank you
Thevittores1

Post by Thevittores1 »

To whom it may concern;

I live in Orlando Florida, and lost my job in February 2, 2010. I am a single mother and live with my two children in Orlando, Florida. I have been in my Apartment complex for about 6 years , but now I have no money and only getting so much from unemployment (not enough to cover the rent) and afraid to being evicted. I am very scared. I have been applying to jobs every day since February and had no luck so far.

Could you please tell me who in Orlando Florida or what agencies will be able to help me temporarily with my rent until I can find a job or two jobs if I can?

Please help me . I do not know who to turn to and my SAvings, and IRA has been depleted.

Thank you so much for your time, and God Bless you.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Below is a listing of places to contact in Orlando and Orange County Florida for rent help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
The places include The Salvation Army of Orange County Florida, which has money for rent, energy bills, food, and medications. (407) 295-9311.
Orange County Community Action Division runs a utility and energy bill program, and their phone number is (407) 836-8476.
Call these places, and they can offer rent and other help for the unemployed.
Thevittores1 wrote:To whom it may concern;

I live in Orlando Florida, and lost my job in February 2, 2010. I am a single mother and live with my two children in Orlando, Florida. I have been in my Apartment complex for about 6 years , but now I have no money and only getting so much from unemployment (not enough to cover the rent) and afraid to being evicted. I am very scared. I have been applying to jobs every day since February and had no luck so far.

Could you please tell me who in Orlando Florida or what agencies will be able to help me temporarily with my rent until I can find a job or two jobs if I can?

Please help me . I do not know who to turn to and my SAvings, and IRA has been depleted.

Thank you so much for your time, and God Bless you.
Sincerely,
heathermald

Rent and water in Florida

Post by heathermald »

We live in Brevard county Florida. My wife receives 460 a month in government ssi income after child support. She also has a severe acquired brain injury and i have been laid off for 2 years and had a spinal fusion. My wife cannot work we have a 12 yr old. Our water was turned off today as we didn't pay the water bill, and we are on our 3rd month behind on rent. We have no were to go for help, so please if any help is available call me. Need help with rent and water.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rent and water in Florida

Post by Admin »

There are definitely places to go to for rent help. Water bill assistance is always a little more iffy. However if you have a medical condition, like the spinal fusion you mention, then that increases your odds of success.
You can try calling the following agencies. Catholic Charities and the Brevard County Salvation Army (321) 636-6144. I know they from time to time have provided rent help, and maybe money for paying utilities. So maybe they can help with the water bill?
Another option may be an agency known as North Brevard Charities Sharing Center (321) 269-6555. They also support people in the community.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
heathermald wrote:We live in Brevard county Florida. My wife receives 460 a month in government ssi income after child support. She also has a severe acquired brain injury and i have been laid off for 2 years and had a spinal fusion. My wife cannot work we have a 12 yr old. Our water was turned off today as we didn't pay the water bill, and we are on our 3rd month behind on rent. We have no were to go for help, so please if any help is available call me. Need help with rent and water.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I am 26 years old, I have 2 children ages 2 and 6. I currently have a apartment with my significant other who is the only one employed at this time. I am looking for assistance with rent in Florida if possible, I would like to apply for section 8. We are having issues paying our rent as of now and I have to be out of my current home by 11/30/11.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Get details on Florida section 8 housing programs, the public housing authorities (PHA) to call for help, and other data on the program. There is often a waiting list, so it may take time for section 8 vouchers to be paid out.
Jeffrey wrote:I am 26 years old, I have 2 children ages 2 and 6. I currently have a apartment with my significant other who is the only one employed at this time. I am looking for assistance with rent in Florida if possible, I would like to apply for section 8. We are having issues paying our rent as of now and I have to be out of my current home by 11/30/11.
engine

Post by engine »

Please advise on rent assistance in Lehigh Acres, FL. We are past due this month and we went to Lehigh Community Center they can only help with $200. My check is for $522 and I would need to deposit $450 for them to pay remaining amount of $200. We have a son 12 years old and my husband has applied for disability and I am the only one receiving unemployment benefits since December 2001. I have never received unemployment benefits in my life until now, and my husband cannot help in providing. Please advise.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We think a $200 check is very generous. Most people do not get that. You should be very grateful to the community center. How have you been receiving unemployment for 11 years? That is impossible or fraud. Anyway, here are are Lee County Florida rental assistance programs, and call around to the different agencies and resources.
engine wrote:Please advise on rent assistance in Lehigh Acres, FL. We are past due this month and we went to Lehigh Community Center they can only help with $200. My check is for $522 and I would need to deposit $450 for them to pay remaining amount of $200. We have a son 12 years old and my husband has applied for disability and I am the only one receiving unemployment benefits since December 2001. I have never received unemployment benefits in my life until now, and my husband cannot help in providing. Please advise.
J Sandoval

Post by J Sandoval »

I reside in Jacksonville Florida. I have fallen on some hard times and it is very difficult to pay my rent at the time. Actually at the time my cell phone is off. I was trying to use my cell phone money to pay my light bill. My light bill was $105 and I only had 100 so my power is out as of today. Do you know of any assistance that I may be able to look into? Very sincerely,
PANW

Post by PANW »

My wife is an RN who has been out of work now for 3 months and I am a patient transporter and have been unemployed for almost 10 months. We have a 9 year old little girl and live in an apartment in Fort Myers. Unfortunately we have gotten behind on our rent just a little over 30 days and they have already filed an official eviction requiring us to move out by this Friday (3 days away). We just filed our taxes and will be getting a large refund, however there is no way we will have it by then. We have tried every place we can think of and haven’t gotten anywhere. We tried to get loans and do not qualify based on credit history and no jobs. My wife just got offered a travel nurse contract but that doesn't even start until June 11. Is there a way you can help us get emergency assistance in paying the $1300.00 for our rent within these 3 days? Thanks.
MikeDexter

Post by MikeDexter »

I recently applied for disability due to old back injury. I have not been employed for several years. My husband who no longer lives with me has been my sole support, with the economy the way it is he can no longer assist me with my rent and my father who has helped when he can with my utilities can no longer assist me. I’m currently a year behind in rent and have needed every excuse possible to extend my rent. I am now in fear of being evicted, and am in need of assistance so that I do not lose my house. Any information you could send me would be greatly appreciated.