Legal aid and need to get out of hotel due to abusive husban

Find how to get help with rent
tiyoshi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Legal aid and need to get out of hotel due to abusive husban

Post by tiyoshi »

Hi, I am wondering if you could tell me who would be the best to get ahold of here is my situation. I have 2 children, which I have full physical and legal custody. The father has no visitation so that's not a worry. He was very abusive for about 10 years. I just left him this year and he will not leave me alone.
I am very afraid of him. I am hiding with my friend and my kids in a hotel and we have been here for months but he has found us. We are in North Dakota and he is in Ohio. My sister lives in Miami Florida. Do you know of a shelter that would have room for us until we get back on our feet? I'm afraid he's going to hurt one of my kids and I just can't have that. Please let me know.
AlexisJohnson

Re: Legal aid and need to get out of hotel due to abusive husban

Post by AlexisJohnson »

I was wondering if there is any way I can get assistance with a hotel voucher for a month as well as legal aid. I just lost my job my place to live and my car has now broken down. If I could get this assistance a month should be all I need to pick myself back up. I don't know where else to turn. I am desperate from past abuse and trying to not become hopeless. Thank you so much for everything that you all do for everything.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legal aid and need to get out of hotel due to abusive husban

Post by Admin »

We have both free hotel vouchers listed on the site as well as legal programs. They can be used by you 9if qualified). But generally the resources can help people leaving some type of domestic violence environment.
AlexisJohnson wrote:I was wondering if there is any way I can get assistance with a hotel voucher for a month as well as legal aid.