Depression patients needs housing and rent

Find how to get help with rent
Conners
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Depression patients needs housing and rent

Post by Conners »

I am looking for aid in paying my rent and for aid in Christmas for my 14 & 15 year old daughters. My children and I suffer from major anxiety disorder and depression. I have been fighting to get them the education they are entitled to for over a year. I am on the MEOP housing program which runs out the end of June 2014 and we will then be homeless. I guess I am looking for help and or suggestions .Thank you and god bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Depression patients needs housing and rent

Post by Admin »

if you are depressed, are you officially qualified for disability? if so, then there are some rent and housing programs that may be available, such as development vouchers. they can provide the disabled with reduced rents on their homes or apartments, so it can free up your income for other needs. More information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Mueller

Post by Mueller »

I live with my parents and my father pays the rent for our apartment. He just got fired in May due to depression and has not found another job. He is receiving money from insurance but that will run out at the end of July. And our family is about to be evicted.
I work a part-time job that pays a little above minimum wage but because of my bills I cannot afford to pay the rent here or at another location by myself. My mom is also unemployed. So I need some kind of help so that me and my mother can find an affordable place to stay. My father will stay with relatives. My mother signed up for the waiting list for section 8 but that can take years for a call back.
Hotmom

Post by Hotmom »

To Whom it May Concern,
Hello,
I am a case manager at the Community Support Program in New Bedford Massachusetts. I am writing in regards to information about housing/emergency housing for my depressed client. We provide short term assistance to our clients (3 to 6 months) in the New Bedford area. My client is in need of finding a place to live. She is losing her housing in two weeks and needs to find someplace to go. The reason was that she had housing and she let her boyfriend sleep over and housing is throwing her out now. Due to the stress from all this she ended up having a miscarriage unfortunately. If there is any information that you can provide to me to help my client, I would be grateful. Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are asking for help a couple weeks in advance, this will give your client more time to find housing in Bristol County Massachusetts. The earlier you start the process in applying for rent help, the better. Maybe the other tools and databases you have at the non-profit Community Support can be called upon as well, as you are local to New Bedford which should help you in the search. But here are some other programs to use in your county for housing. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Ridley101

Post by Ridley101 »

My husband has been diagnosed with a condition called "Ataxia"...you can get more info on this by going to www.naf.org. He has also been diagnosed with depression which is common for people that have Ataxia along with other problems. He will be going on SDI at the end of the month and I am concerned that we will not make our rent of $945 a month starting in November and more probable in December.
I am only working part-time for 2 days at 3 hours a day and trying to find full time work and even asking my current employer for more hours. We barely make our bills right now and I do not know what we are going to do.
Cara

Post by Cara »

I'm disabled through social security. I am homeless with my wife who suffers also with major clinical depression and we are in process of applying for her disability as well. She also suffers with acute spinal stenosis and 2 herniated disc and a pinch nerve in left shoulder. We need a place to live.
My father in law is an awful cruel man and is evicting us from his home for no reason just because he doesn't want his daughter married to me. He abuses her, chokes her, emotionally and mentally abuses her a saying horrible things like he hopes to see her in a coffin one day. My wife and I are Christians and we love the Lord and believe God will touch someone's heart there to please help us. We have nowhere to go. Thank you,
Lance12

Post by Lance12 »

Hi,
My name is Ciera. I am 18 years old, depressed and am about to be evicted from my home. My mother decided that it was a good idea to put an apartment in my name for her and my younger brothers to live in, but they all left abruptly saying "the bills are too high." and it was hard dealing with my depression, now I need housing and rent help.
I was left here alone to try and pay all the bills by myself until my big sister came down from Michigan to help me. we have sold her car and all of our phones.... along with anything else of value, in an attempt to catch  up on the rent....but it was still not enough. We are in dire need of help, if we get evicted we will have nowhere to live and my sister is pregnant and I am a depression patient. We have no phones, so e-mail is our only means of communication.
 Please help us.
Respectfully,
 Ciera