Resources in Maryland

State and local government assistance programs.
Phil Kritzman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources in Maryland

Post by Phil Kritzman »

I'm writing for my in-laws. They are in their 60s and their only income is social security of a total of $1400 per month. They have a mortgage, high electric bills and other bills and can hardly afford food. My father-in-law is a Veteran and has been diagnosed with cancer throughout his body about 8 months and we feel he little time left. He is not on disability nor is he service connected so his only help through the VA is his health care. Please tell me what kind of help you can offer. Thanks so much. They live in Westminster, MD.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resources in Maryland

Post by Admin »

Did you try any resources focused on veterans? There are so many military personnel in the Maryland area that there most be programs for him there. Even maybe stop by the local American Legion. But if you and your dad need another suggestions on places to try (other than the VA or social security office) here is our main resource for Maryland financial aid and medical programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Goldwolf

Post by Goldwolf »

HELLO,
I am a single mother in Severn, MD. I am currently going through a divorce, in the midst of a social security application with doctors for my MS. I am living with my children in a townhouse that my ex moved us to and this is where he deserted us after going outside of our marriage with a coworker at his new job.
We now have an eviction notice for the place he put us in. He has been sent court papers to pay this rent and has not replied. I am seeking some assistance to stop this eviction, my children are in school here with ONE parent. Their father is living with his parents in a different county. I need assistance to stay here until December to end all of this. PLEASE HELP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the community action agency for referrals. The main one for Severn is here, and it supports all of Anne Arundel County. More information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nity_.html
They can offer you info on homeless prevention programs, or also direct you to programs for MS, disabilities, etc. As maybe they can expepdite your application.
Goldwolf wrote:HELLO,
I am a single mother in Severn, MD. I am currently going through a divorce, in the midst of a social security application with doctors for my MS.
CMartin

Post by CMartin »

Thank you for reaching out to me I have been to a lot of places that you have mentioned because here in Maryland that give you a resource list go to another place. Then they give you another resource list that have those names and others I have gone to those places and there's no funds and for the government my landlord does not want to participate. As no one sign the forms.
I went to the Jewish Community Center but they have the funds and are ready for me to help me and I took all the necessary things I need it but my landlord is refusing to sign and put her tax ID number.
This is bothering me now because I just moved and now I'm going to be homeless and I'm doing the best that I can. There have been many places in which eviction prevention does not help anymore. They give you a resource list. Also I feel like I'm at my last end I've even put in for loans. If I can get someone to just let me borrow I will pay you back. I just need some help, but thank you for your resources.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, resources are always very limited. Of course...otherwise no one would ever work, and to encourage work any assistance is hard to get. But there are assistance programs in Baltimore City that you can try. Hopefully some have funding.
CMartin wrote:Thank you for reaching out to me I have been to a lot of places that you have mentioned because here in Maryland that give you a resource list go to another place. Then they give you another resource list that have those names and others I have gone to those places and there's no

funds and for the government my landlord does not want to participate. As no one sign the forms.