Help applying for Medicaid

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
FirstKiss
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help applying for Medicaid

Post by FirstKiss »

Good morning! I have myself and couple of others in need of help.
First, could you help our 76 year old very sick mom get approved for Medicaid to help cover medical bills that Medicare doesn’t cover? She has MAC lung disease, pacemaker, is barely 70 lbs. and nothing they can do. She is on very limited income and got turned down couple of years ago for Medicaid.
Also, her home is old and has some things she has to get done soon.
For myself do you have anyone who can help me catch up my vehicle payment or couple of medical bills that are in collections? I think they total (if they take settlement) less than $300. My husband unfortunately has bad health and over the years our credit suffered. We are divorcing and I kept our vehicle and the interest is way too high. Banks won’t refinance since it is upside down.
Thank you! Richland, MS 39218.
TBaldwin

Re: Help applying for Medicaid

Post by TBaldwin »

Hi,
We need help with rent and utilities as well as help in applying for more and higher Medicaid benefits. My husband lost his job due to health issues and the government mis-making all kinds of excuses not to help us. So, we haven’t had an income for over 17 months and we ran out of our properties and assets to sell. We only have clothes etc now. Can we get help with that? All we are getting is Medicaid and food stamps. My husband cannot work more than a few hours, so he’s making $9/hour, he just got a job at a gas station working a few hours a week. We can’t even pay rent with that. Help please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You ran out of properties to sell? What does that mean...houses or does your word of properties mean something else? As so many people sadly may have "assets" but they have mortgages/loans that paid for them, so they are in effect overextended and still living on the edge...within check(s) of financial hardship. As their assets and lifestyle are paid for using debt so their debt is more than their assets. If that is the case, the answer to your solutions will be different and maybe bankruptcy. Or try this for professional advice, as disability advocates may have information on your options. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... y_adv.html
TBaldwin wrote:Hi,
We need help with rent and utilities as well as help in applying for more and higher Medicaid benefits. My husband lost his job due to health issues and the government mis-making all kinds of excuses not to help us. So, we haven’t had an income for over 17 months and we ran out of our properties and assets to sell.
Cuban1

Post by Cuban1 »

My name is Andrea Laws and I need help to apply for Medicaid. I just got approved for SSI but I need Medicaid.  I have a lung disease that prevents me from working. I am 50 years old and was staying with my parents from January until May.  I will only receive 522 for July and that's what I got for June. I am currently renting a private room and my rent is due again on 7/1.  I will receive the full 783 in August. But need help for July. I won't even have enough to cover my medical bills which is 550 a month. Please give me some kind of resources or help to get Medicaid and housing. I was hoping to have a stimulus payment by now to help me but have yet to receive it.