North Carolina programs and resources

State and local government assistance programs.
Stretch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

North Carolina programs and resources

Post by Stretch »

Hello,
I need some assistance paying my 1st and security deposit. I am a veteran and I just received a job at the VA clinic in Wilmington North Carolina. I found a place but have no money to pay until I actually start work. I have a start date of the 1st of December. I need to be out of my old apartment by the 27th. Can you please point me to someone who can help me. I am willing to pay any money received back. I am a single mother with 3 children and receive no child support. Please I have tried everywhere.
Bobbie13

Re: North Carolina programs and resources

Post by Bobbie13 »

I recently moved to central North Carolina from eastern part of state due to having to short sale home because of financial hardship. I am single, 57 years and lost all of savings trying to keep home.
I had to leave my job there in August 2013 and move in with my son and his family in NC.
I applied for unemployment benefits was denied because I quit but I had no choice due to losing home.
I have now been approved for an apartment in a Senior Housing Community in Cary, NC.
Rent is 495.00 a month plus I am trying to keep medical insurance which is 345.00 a month.
I need help!!! I am currently trying to find employment. Have never been in this situation before and I feel HELPLESS.
I have applied for food stamps, but said it would take 30 days before I know.
Can you PLEASE supply me with agencies that could help me?
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we have information on rent programs, senior assistance, employment and more in North Carolina, including your town of Cary. There are numerous places to apply at for these services, including state and local resources. Community action agencies also play a major role in offering help in the area. But here is the main informational link on assistance in North Carolina. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Prylosec

Post by Prylosec »

I'm going to have a procedure done on my back and will be laid up for 6 weeks. Already applied for SSI with the state of North Carolina but that can take up to 8 months. There's no guarantee that this procedure will work, and I already have 5 herniated disks. If it does not work I will likely not work again. I am 59 and have spoken with SSI, the law firm they referred me to, DCF for food stamps and vocational rehab. All are willing to help to some extent but its going to take time. Meanwhile I still have to pay rent and car payments. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Fiscal

Post by Fiscal »

Hey my name is Sam and I live in Charlotte NC I need help with paying my rent this month just started my new job. And the landlords are not wanted to work with me they giving me 10-18-13 to pay my rent or the going to file on me I don't want top at my apartment here. I'm just getting on my feet and I'm could really use the help right now. My rent is 450 and light bill is 130.
If you could he I can really use it. May God bless each of you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are different places to try in Mecklenburg county for rental assistance. the landlord does not need to work with you if they have a lease, but that being said, it is unfortunate they won't try. Maybe ask for a mediation session as well with a local pro-bono law firm. But as you go down that path, also find the rent assistance programs in Charlotte.
JohnNumber12

Post by JohnNumber12 »

To whom it may concern, if anyone cares.
My best friend is a unique honest, caring, compassionate and humble individual I've ever had the privilege of knowing. I'm ex-navy and have seen physical pain and mental pain. My friend here is going through some emotional and physiological trials at the moment (which honestly seem never ending).
He struggles so hard and nothing goes right for me. It seems as if everything is working against him in the last year. He so kind and giving and always thinks about others needs before he thinks about himself. His ex-husband moved him 2000 miles away from home and has since let him go and let him fall hard. And the poor guy still loves him. I've seen the hurt he goes through every single day. He works everyday making less than 40 hours a week and less than generous amount of money. Definitely not enough to pay rent or bills or even go to the hospital. He gave up to really good careers for one person who actually would rather hide all of his family's money from Gary and Leave him with nothing.
He is recently incarcerated ted and charged with a felony for something I believe is not possible for someone like him. I would like to request someone help my friend. He needs serious help paying bills that have defaulted, as well as living in a house with no power or water because he can't afford utilities and rent and food and gas.
I help him as much as I can but I know it's not enough. My friend loaned him $1600 for his rent and I've loaned him about $700 for him to survive. I won't go into any more personal detail about things that recently happened to him. Let's just say he is looking very sad and needs someone to show that he is worth it and that everything will be OK and to smile.
I've seen pictures of him before his divorce he was happy in Wyoming and Colorado. I'm not requesting monetary help but he need furniture, a bed, food, power, water, a lawyer, parts to keep his car running it needs some things or it will leave him stranded (he works 6-7 days a week and has used his car specifically for his job with no complaining and no compensation) and most likely a better job around cars (that's all he talks about is Ferrari and Aston Martin). Please help in Winston Salem, NC.
Danica

Post by Danica »

Greetings!! I am a single mother of three children ages 2 to 8 in Reidsville NC which is in the county of Rockingham County. I currently attend school for my CNA training with hopes on pursing my RN degree. However for the past 6 months me and my children have been homeless and living from resident to resident.
My grandmother whom I carried for past away in 2015 and the home was willed to another relative living me and my children homeless. I am seeking resources or some financial need to help me sustain a livelihood for me and my children. I owe a duke energy bill of three hundred dollars in order to obtain lights and have paid fifty dollars on it. I need help with this bill and a deposit for my first months rent of 400 dollars.
Sir/Maddam, I don't mind doing volunteer work or donating my time to show my appreciation for assistance. I have applied at several income based housing with 6 months to a year waiting list and I have exhausted all resources that I possibly know so I’m just asking for a chance an opportunity to place my children in a home and provide a livelihood for them to grow up in a safe and healthy environment. Please email me back. Thanks for your time.
Emma

Post by Emma »

Hi, I live in Durham North Carolina I'm on disability. I have fell under financial difficulties. I am behind on my bills, need food as well as other support. But a big issues is that I have a car that's in the shop that needs to be fixed all year and a half ago I had a brain aneurysm and a heart attack and my doctor thought it would be more wiser for me to stay very active and that's what I've been doing since I got my car. I found a job to keep active and do things and help people out in the community.
Now my car is in the shop and I have no way to get around to help anyone or go to work I hope you get this message and I really hope that you can help me. If i had a car maybe I could get a part time job while on the disability. Thank you so much for your time, if you have any questions you can reach me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I use to live in Cary, close to Durham. There are resources in the region, and we have information on emergency assistance in Durham. Also look into the disability programs we have listed on the website.
Emma wrote:Hi, I live in Durham North Carolina I'm on disability. I have fell under financial difficulties. I am behind on my bills, need food as well as other support.
Tysus

Post by Tysus »

Hello: I am originally from NC and lived there on and off for about 15 years. I am 53 and worked my entire life. I am currently in Miami (don't like and too expensive). I am federally disabled as of June of this year. I am 7 months away from my Medicare kicking in but I applied and received disability the 1st time I applied in Florida. Which I had been told is unheard of. I have a rare immune disease (Boy in Bubble). My doctor said I drew the short straw. The people here -well it's not NC. I Have a Bachelor’s Degree. I raised 5 kids. The youngest is over 18. I would love to spend my last few years back Home. I receive 1884 each month and 16 dollars in food stamp from Federal Government. The large paycheck, retirement and transportation have vanished. I am on oxygen 24/7 but only need it with activity. I also understand I can work 45 hours a month without affecting my benefits. I enjoy working it's just hard when you have what I have. Would there be any assistance I could get in NC HOUSING TRANSPORTATION. I have run companies so I could exchange work for a place a lay my head.