Public assistance transfer when moving to a new state

State and local government assistance programs.
Momsscolar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Public assistance transfer when moving to a new state

Post by Momsscolar »

Hello,
I am writing to find out what is needed to apply for public assistance when moving from one state to another.
Here is my situation:
My husband and I moved to Harrison NE from Sacramento CA last October. We bought a house and were able to pay cash for it so we don't have a mortgage payment. We have plans on starting our own business. However, the house is in need of many repairs and in addition to that both of our vehicles are in need of repairs. At this time we only have one running vehicle. So long story short- we have run out of money and don't have family or friends to turn to for help. Only plan on being on public assistance till we can get back on our feet.
There is no work available in the Village of Harrison and the closest towns are 30+ miles away. It will be hard for my husband to find work since him a registered * offender and over 50. I am 47 with type 2 diabetes with some minor other health issues that makes it difficult to even do daily housework.
We need assistance for paying utilities and buying food.
Water, sewer, and garbage is one bill (amount varies since our water is metered) $75/month
Electricity - approximately $85/ month
Phone and internet - $85/ month
Cell (we are using pay per use) @ $45 for each line
Heating: propane tank costs approx. $600 to fill it up and this past winter, while trying to be conservative, still had to have it filled about three times.
Food- it's only the two of us and our two dogs.
Car insurance: premium $300
We don't have medical insurance and I am in the need for medical, dental and vision for my public aid when moving. I need insulin and thyroid medicine to get healthy so I can get daily chores done and find a job, vision -my current glasses are old and need a new prescription. And being a diabetic vision loss is something I really want to prevent. And as for dental, yep. I need big time help there too as I have lost a majority of my upper teeth and can hardly eat anything since I cannot chew except with my front teeth. My husband thankfully is strong as an ox and healthy.
When winter returns our only heat source other than propane is a small fireplace in a room that needs major repairs. When we first moved in prior to having propane, the walls in that room (thankfully that room only) was getting frost on the inside!!
I would also like to know if there's assistance for paying medical bills in my new state. When we moved in it was the very next day I had to go to hospital emergency room (due to diabetes) and was admitted and was there for three days and the bill is about $20,000 dollars.
Our need for assistance is urgent. We do not have any other bills, no credit cards, car payments, rent or mortgage. Just need assistance paying monthly utility bills and food.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Public assistance transfer when moving to a new state

Post by Admin »

There is a HUD government programs, known as Section 8 small fair market rent then can help pay for moving to new areas. But the applicant (we believe) already needs to be enrolled. Maybe you can look into that? Or ask them for referrals if they do not assist you. Also try a local social service office for information on public aid, as maybe that is an option for you too.
Giapage

Post by Giapage »

We live in a rural area and want to move to a new state. Needing help for gas to get wife to a cancer doctor in Fort Smith which is 75 miles one way. Have checked with local agencies for public assistance to no avail. Her cancer is in remission and I pray it stays that way however we are only living on her disability as I am awaiting mine and $500 does not go far after necessary bills.... home....electric. ...water. ... Please can you help?
Will only be for a couple. Months and by then Lord willing I shall have been approved for my disability on my broken back.
Thank You and God Bless.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The USDA offers assistance for rent to rural families. We think it covers moving/relo expenses too, but you need to apply and see what they say. More information on their services is here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ral_h.html