Deposits on a new apartment in Minnesota

Find how to get help with rent
Willie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Deposits on a new apartment in Minnesota

Post by Willie »

Our current landlord is selling our home and we have to move in Minneapolis Minnesota. Myself and my fiancé have recently taken custody of my 2 nieces who were removed form their parents and I am in desperate need of assistance in being able to afford another place some where. We have looked and looked with no luck in finding anything that we can afford to get moved into with deposit and rent all due up front.
Please help I’m so scared that my boys will have to go some where else due to us not being able to find a home some where.
We hardly had any notice. We have not had the opportunity to save money for rent and deposit some where. Good hard working people trying to keep a 3 year old and 1 year old out of foster care and in a loving home where they know some one. We are just praying for a miracle before the 27th of this month which is when we are supposed to be out of our current home.
Paula

Re: Deposits on a new apartment in Minnesota

Post by Paula »

I am low income single mom trying to apply at my apartment in Dakota County. I need a lower level apartment and the deposit cost is too much, I also need housing voucher help every month as my rent is too high. Do you know of any charity programs that would be willing to help? I also have physical disabilities, in August 25, 2014 I had surgery to be able to get my full mobility back over time and I am struggling to get stronger.
RMM

Post by RMM »

Yes, I really would like to know if you know of any place in Minneapolis, Minnesota that would help me move and pay the security deposit. I am looking to move very badly on my own am not in danger of being kicked out.
I am 41 years old female disabled. I am not being abused either. Just on Social Security and don't make a lot. I live in HUD apartment building. So if you can you please tell me of a place that can help pay the deposit to move me. I do not need help with packing, just moving the stuff from one place to another. I also do not drive. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a home now, you should not move until you have saved income for paying the security deposit. why would you even think of moving to another place in Minneapolis if you are now stable? So there are charities, non-profits, and other places to try in Minnesota, and the list of them is here. Call to apply. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

RMM wrote:Yes, I really would like to know if you know of any place in Minneapolis, Minnesota that would help me move and pay the security deposit. I am looking to move very badly on my own am not in danger of being kicked out.
Popen

Post by Popen »

Hello, my family was evicted last Friday; we don't have enough saved for deposit and first month’s rent. What little money we've had we have used on gas and food and we've every few days and sleeping in our car the rest of the time.
Both my husband and I were out of work at the same time and during that time we were trying to sell our house in Minnesota - so, paying both the mortgage and our rent- more than 2100 a month. I had my car repossessed a week after getting a home heath job and was fired because transportation is required for a home health nurse. I just received a job offer- so, we are in need of assistance/ideas that can help us until I am able to pay for deposit/rent - about 4 weeks, I hope. Thank you for listening. Best Regards,
Speculative

Post by Speculative »

To Whom it may concern,
I am usually not one to ask for help but I am reaching out because I need deposit assistance. I recently moved here to Minneapolis with my boyfriend. We are currently living with his family but things haven't been easy. I am currently looking for a job and trying to deal with some health issues. I am unsure of where to go from here because I am unemployed and essentially I am homeless.
My boyfriends parents really don't want to have me around. I guess my question is; is there some kind of housing deposits, financial, or just a program to help me get back on my feet and help me become more self- sufficient? I was kicked out of my parents house after high school and really haven't had the training. Please help me!
Cykas

Post by Cykas »

I came out of a very abusive relationship and had to flee with my child to MN. Now after staying with my parents for almost a year I've found a wonderful job and now have found an apartment. But with recent illnesses I've lost money that I had saved up for the security deposit. I'm bound to an apartment lease I signed and am supposed to move in April 1st but won’t have enough money to do so. I've been selling my belongings hoping I'll come up with enough money. I need help with the initial deposit and first month’s rent. I don't expect a handout. Even if I could have a little money loaned to me I would be very grateful. Thank you.