Second job to help with the rent

Ways to increase your income or make money.
MBest
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Second job to help with the rent

Post by MBest »

I am 20 years old and currently 6 months pregnant. I am going to be a single mother and I work 40+ hours a week. I am in a struggle right now due to hours being cut and trying to find a second job but being pregnant it isn't easy to get hired. I am looking to find help with this coming months rent, I am doing what I can to keep this apartment before my son comes.
Shakespear

Re: Second job to help with the rent

Post by Shakespear »

Dear Sir or Madam:
I am disabled, but I am still able to write to some extent. I have published material. I wrote entertainment reviews for the Austin Chronicle, The Dallas Met, X-Pose Magazine, and the University of Texas newspaper to name a few. I graduated with honors from Texas University in 1995 with a double major in English and History. I wrote reviews for music of all genres: dance, art, fine art, theater and was a part of discovering new talent, an A&R representative per se. I interviewed well known musical groups such as Pearl Jam and others as they toured Texas. I briefly worked as an intern at Texas Monthly.
I was also a litigation paralegal for over 20 years, and perfection was required in writing legal documents.
I desperately need to supplement my monthly income for bills and rent and want to use my talent in writing to do so as another job. Even a few hundred dollars per month would greatly help. I look forward to speaking with you about possible employment. Thank you for taking your time to peruse this request.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With those skills, you may be a good fit for a side gig job. There are writing positions, freelance jobs, etc. in which you can take advantage of the experience you have with writing/published material. That may be a good second job for you.
Shakespear wrote:Dear Sir or Madam:
I am disabled, but I am still able to write to some extent. I have published material. I wrote entertainment reviews for the Austin Chronicle, The Dallas Met, X-Pose Magazine, and the University of Texas newspaper to name a few. I graduated with honors from Texas University in 1995 with a double major in English and History. I wrote reviews for music of all genres: dance, art, fine art, theater and was a part of discovering new talent, an A&R representative per se. I interviewed well known musical groups such as Pearl Jam and others as they toured Texas. I briefly worked as an intern at Texas Monthly.
Skylert

Post by Skylert »

I live in Pinellas County Florida. I live in a weekly rental in downtown St Petersburg FL. My rent is $155 and it's due every Monday. I just started a full-time job canvassing different neighborhoods speaking to people in regard to the Jeff Brandes senator campaign, but I am looking for a second job now. They pay us $12 an hour but the problem is they gave us from July 2nd to July 5th off so during that time I cannot make any money to pay my rent. The pay period runs from Friday to Thursday. The problem here in Pinellas County is that if you do not have a lease you will not qualify for any type of monetary assistance. I do understand that to some extent, but I've been living in my residence since last November and have all the rent receipts to prove it. I have absolutely no where to go if I get thrown out of here, thus the second job will help me. Not having a lease is the only thing standing in the way of me not getting assistance. I am looking for a second job with no luck yet. My schedule is very flexible, so I could easily work another job. This country needs way more avenues to assist people that do work. I'm hoping you can help me with this. There are so many churches, but I don't know where to start and the ones I call don't know anything or point me in the right direction. I have called 211 here but they are the ones that told me that I do not qualify for that program because I do not have a lease. I can be reached at area code, thank you.