Car Repair help

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
peppypepper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Car Repair help

Post by peppypepper »

I live on a low social security income....I Need help in getting my car repaired........I have been trying to repair it but my income is so low ..it is all I can do just to pay my bills each month...I cant afford to continue to pay for repairs..I can not put it in a shop.... ....A guy is helping me put the parts on as i get them.. but I can no longer buy the parts..I am still in need of more parts.....Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.....I Live in Mercer county..Pennsylvania....Alan
Last edited by peppypepper on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Car Repair help

Post by Admin »

Here are some agencies to call in Mercer County Pennsylvania. Ask if they know of any local car repair programs. Maybe stop by your local auto shops too and ask, call church, etc.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mer ... progr.html
Other ideas, including some national organizations for free car repairs are included here at this link. Places like Auto Repair Good Guys Foundation. While many are local, some may cover the country, or they may have ideas for you.

peppypepper wrote:I Will turn 69 in December this year..I live on a low social security income....I Need help in getting my car repaired...I just bought this car a 1998 Grand am SE for 650.00..I still owe 250.00 on it yet.....I have been trying to repair it but my income is so low ..it is all I can do just to pay my bills each month...I cant afford to continue to pay for repairs..I can not put it in a shop..So far with my income.. I have put on new brakes and rotors and new muffler....A guy is helping me put the parts on as i get them.. but I can no longer buy the parts..I am still in need of more parts....the people who sold me the car said it was well taking care of because their daughter went to college and was driving it...But the fact is they lied to me and now Im stuck with it and have to continue fixing it up til it is safe for road travel...Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.....I Live in Mercer county..Pennsylvania....724-977-8382.....Alan
Fancyone

Post by Fancyone »

Hello i live in spokane-99204. I am looking for help with auto repairs and i am wanting to pay payments for those repairs out of my ssdi check every month. Like i said, i am ssi receipt and money??? ----- eh? , what is that.....so i am at the mercy of someone, anyone, or anyplace that would be willing to consider me and my request. I am trustworthy and my word is solid, i do not participate in any of the violence, or the law breaking of Spokane Washington. And i would certainly be appreciative and grateful if i could find some help, thank you so much, sincerely- Spokane washington-99204
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

I always suggest to people that need car repairs, try calling your local high schools, vocational high schools, and automotive vocational schools. I don't know where they get their cars to work on, but it's worth a try. I remember in my high school days that the automotive repair shop class, had cars from somewhere to work on.
bobJohnson

Post by bobJohnson »

I am a 66 year old man and I work part time delivering the mail, and I draw social security, so I do not have a lot of money. A few days ago my transmission went out on my car and it is probably going to cost me a thousand dollars or more to fix? And since I am a rural carrier, I have to furnish my own car, and if I do not have a car to carry the mail I will lose my job? Can you help me??
Guy Dupage

Post by Guy Dupage »

Hi,

I'm looking for resources I can contact for help in Everett, Washington. I need car repair assistance to get to work. I'm receiving SSI and there’s applying for DVR but there's a wait. As well they didn't think they could help with my bald tires. I'm pregnant and need to work part time to survive the times. I'm not in TANF so DSHS only helps those who are and since I'm on SSI I'm not sure how someone in my case can get help? Please email me any resources. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several different charities, non-profits, and churches that can help with car repairs. However they tend to be regional and have very limited funding and resources. It is recommend to call a local church. Maybe they will have a few dollars, or know of a local garage that will work on your car. Regardless there is no harm in asking. Find more car repair programs.
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

Hi I was wondering who I would contact to help with auto repair bills. I have a car needed to get fixed, it needs engine work. I live in Easton, PA I am currently on unemployment and is my only car. I'm living with my parents, and I can't afford the auto bill. I I can have some help on who to contact that would be great thank you :)
Kacky

Post by Kacky »

I’m a single parent of two children 13 and 10. I do not receive child support or any government funding and I do work full time. However I have had major car issues and emergencies that has made me fall behind. I currently pay $750 a month in rent and I’ve been at our residence for 18 months however the real estate company states rent is due on the 1st and if not paid by the 5th they will evict. I’ve tried to come up with the money but I don’t have any options right now. Me and my children will be evicted with nowhere to go and that’s why I’m emailing to see if any type of help is available. Thanks.
Gazelle

Post by Gazelle »

My car I bought broke down on me two weeks after I bought it. The mechanic fixed the car without giving me a quote now I have to pay $2400 to get it back. I had to drop out of my classes and miss a lot of job interviews. I really need my car.
I'm a single mother of two and it took me 5 years to get money for the car. I really need my car back if I'm going to make it. Please if anyone could help you will be saving me from much stress and worry that I would lose all that money I spent on the car so far. Need help fast. The more it stays at the shop the more he's charging me for storing it.
Bashir M

Post by Bashir M »

I'm a single mom that is homeless and without an income. I have a truck but it needs a few things. Can
Someone please help me with the cost of those repairs? Bobs tire $652.75, Ernie's salvage 2 inside door
Handles $20 each, 2 electric power window motors $35 each, driver side rear glass $40, tags $30 1 year,
Inspection $12-$14, state farm insurance 6 month $162.00. Thank you for your Help..
Kackie

Post by Kackie »

I have spent money on car repairs, just as I paid to get starter put into my car, it jumped timing. I lost my job due to that, my fiancé found another job, I am currently looking, but I am walking and I have no one since my family lives out of state. I could have a good job, but it's a 30-40 minute drive.
I also had cancer and need to go to check ups and my doctor is 45 minutes away. I am losing everything. My home, my bills are overdue and I dont know what to do.
Please help with my car repair. My phone will be off October 11, so I will have no communication for at least a week, until my fiancé gets his 1st check. He goes to work 2 hours early and gets home almost 2 hours after he gets out of work. Thank you so much.
SimonSimmons

Post by SimonSimmons »

Hello, I was visiting the Eustace, TX area when my husband and I were victims of repeated thievery. My husband grew up in the lake Ares and we have been several times to visit friends and family with no problems. In March, we made another trip here to visit.
The apartment we were staying at belonged to a friend and caught fire, nearly everything we bought with us was destroyed. We the drive to the cedar Creek lake area to see other friends and family. We got up one morning to find our car completely empty. All of our clothes, my purse, that food we brought, all of it was gone. Friends got us gas money, gave us clothes and things they didn't use to pawn and tried their best to help. We finally after a long Month of sleeping in the car and on floors we had saved enough to get back to Wyoming!
As we made our rounds saying our good byes, we blew a tire, changed it, blew another, and a stranger stopped and have us his spare, which held up for about 2 miles before going flat. We ended up stuck again, blowing through a total of 9 tires in 2 weeks. Our starter in the car went out, our money and other things kept getting stolen, friends started closing their doors and our situation worsened. So that car became our home. The final blow came ten days ago when we were in a car accident that totaled our car.
We managed to get a ride but got dropped off in some edition in Cherokee shores. We have been sleeping on the floor of a trailer belonging to a guy who is a friend of a friend. There is no water, no electricity, no stove, and is missing the entire back wall. We have no money, no way to make any money, and nobody to turn to. We need a car to not only get around, but to sleep while we gather more money. We are at a point where we trust nobody.
We just need a vehicle to find some sort of jobs, to sleep in and look for more suitable living arrangements. Please help us out, we are out of other options, and I am desperately trying to better our situation. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the car tires blowing, the transportation concerns and other barriers. You also need to find a place to live. But in addition, try one of the car and transport programs for the disabled. Maybe they can give you some relief and support.
SimonSimmons wrote: As we made our rounds saying our good byes, we blew a tire, changed it, blew another, and a stranger stopped and have us his spare, which held up for about 2 miles before going flat. We ended up stuck again, blowing through a total of 9 tires in 2 weeks. Our starter in the car went out, our money and other things kept getting stolen, friends started closing their doors and our situation worsened. So that car became our home. The final blow came ten days ago when we were in a car accident that totaled our car.
We managed to get a ride but got dropped off in some edition in Cherokee shores. We have been sleeping on the floor of a trailer belonging to a guy who is a friend of a friend. There is no water, no electricity, no stove, and is missing the entire back wall. We have no money, no way to make any money, and nobody to turn to. We need a car to not only get around, but to sleep while we gather more money. We are at a point where we trust nobody.
We just need a vehicle to find some sort of jobs, to sleep in and look for more suitable living arrangements. Please help us out, we are out of other options, and I am desperately trying to better our situation. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Beckquick

Post by Beckquick »

I need financial assistant on fixing my car. I found out that I need a bottom ball joints and an AC compressor and a filter that goes with compressor. I can get the compressor fix for around 700.00 and I can get thrall joints done around 160.00. If you can or know of anyone that can help please give me there name and number plus e-email if they have one.
Thank you.