Detroit Assistance and job

State and local government assistance programs.
mikedietrich29

Detroit Assistance and job

Post by mikedietrich29 »

The unemployment rate is 20% here. I need a job to pay the bills, and pay the mortgage and taxes. I need a job. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Job in Detroit

Post by Admin »

I bet it is tough there in Detroit. Try indeed.com. I always think that is the best way to find a job. Also, go to the main site (click link in top left corner) and search for work from home jobs. They can provide some short term income.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Detroit Assistance and job

Post by Admin »

also, here is a listing of some of the Michigan assistance programs, so it will help in Detroit as well.
http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,1607,7-12 ... --,00.html
Nancyfalcone

Post by Nancyfalcone »

THANK YOU
hurtyiu12

Post by hurtyiu12 »

I am a foster great grand mother who have 2 of my grand children living with me. I was told that under the five part definitions from HUD that the children income could not be counted when paying my monthly share of rent. Part five of exclusions #2 and#17 I am receiving srap or state rental assistance are the laws different? Is there any difference in SRAP and other rental assistance. Do they have to pay a share of the rent? About a year ago, I rented out my Home while I was going through a Tough divorce. During this time, the renters had racked up a very large Water Bill. Unfortunately I was dumb enough to keep bill in my name, anyways, I have since moved back to the property, and in order to have water restored, $2700 is needed to the city of Detroit to have Water restored...I wouldn't typically be asking for assistance with things of this nature. But Since my divorce, I have been plagued with Cancer, and unable to work. If there is anyway you may help point me in the right direction or assist me with this issue, I would be forever Grateful...Thank You!
Rudys

Post by Rudys »

I'm in need of help. Me and my family are having problems making our bills and have been to the local trustees office and the churches in our area of Detroit Michigan. I'm currently waiting for the government to decide on my disability case and my girlfriend is looking for work with no success so far. Our bills are flooding us and rent and we are out of places to turn to can you please help until we get a discussion on my case. Please we don't have much time before we are going to be evicted again for the 3rd time. Send word ASAP. Thank you.
JBerman

Post by JBerman »

I had lost my job in March of 2013. I just got a job "nothing of my field that I went to school for" and its thru a temp service that doesn’t pay hardly. I have lost everything and trying to get back up on my feet. I need help to get a car, and a house back in my children’s school district so I don’t have to take them everyday, and they will not have to loose there friends to. I have student loans in default because I was laid off of my last job from the city of Detroit. Please help me I don’t know were to look or talk to or forms to fill out.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The best place for employment information, as well as information on financial aid, is the Wayne County community action agency. They usually also have information on credit counseling for that student loan you reference. Basically it is almost a one stop center for information. The programs at the Detroit and Wayne County community action can probably help with all those needs you indicated, with a focus on the lack of job.
LaurenD

Post by LaurenD »

I got hurt on job and was on workman comp for over 12 months.
I got injured in 9/2/17
My benefits were exhausted on 12/13/16.
I received 224.00 a week.
My entire checks went to my rent
Of 625.00.
I cannot pay my rent at this time for my home in Detroit due to not working unfortunately the company I was working for closed their doors.
I am to hopefully start a job next week.
Can you please help me pay my rent before I am evicted? And homeless.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We know there are many churches in Detroit. Try them for assistance, especially if you have a job starting soon. More likely to get rent assistance. Or they can often have shelters open in the city or county.
LaurenD wrote: Can you please help me pay my rent before I am evicted? And homeless.
Thank you.