not sure where to turn

State and local government assistance programs.
greenearthfairie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

not sure where to turn

Post by greenearthfairie »

This is so hard for me to do, ask for help. But I am at the end of my rope. I have an eviction hearing tomorrow. I have gone to every community program I know of in york county pa. I have called the salvation army and no one has returned my calls. A year ago I fled domestic abuse, my kids and I left with nothing, we weren't married and he made sure nothing was in my name so I got nothing, no car no money just the cloths on our backs. I went to stay at a friends farm, after being told they would help me get back on my feet. I ended up working my behind off for a year and then was given a bill for staying there. A friend loaned me a car so I could get us in our own place instead of an out building with no running water. I thought I had a job, worked for this guy for three events, he was always some where else at the end of the event and have yet to be paid. since it was under the table I have no recourse.

I can't pay my rent or utilities. I need a decent car, I need the internet so I can find transcription work, cleaning work and private chef work, I am attending culinary school. I really need so guidance in finding the resources to get my head above the ever growing mountain I am buried under. If I can't get it on track my kids will be sent to live with their alcoholic, abusive father, in pa a bad father is better than no father. My oldest has already said he will kill himself if he has to go live with him. And yes he is seeing a therapist. Please I just need some one to help me find help. I want to work I don't want a hand out or someone to take care of me. I want to be self sufficient again, I was befofre I got involved with my ex. I know I can do it now. I just need a hand up.

Thank you for listening

Patricia Holmes
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: not sure where to turn

Post by Admin »

Sometime I think it is best to drive to some of these agencies as well. So stop by the Salvation Army office in York. They can't not return your call in that case. Also try calling the York County Community Action Corporation (or stop by!) Phone number is (207) 324-5762. New Hope Ministries, Inc may also be able to provide help with rent and bills. Their number is 717-432-2087. Try these different resources for help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gram3.html
Ramsey

Post by Ramsey »

I need money because my checking account is overdrawn $526.21. I had to buy new hearing aids and that is why my account is over. I have to find a new place to live by May 1, 2015. I am on SSI and SNAP. I do not even get 10k a year and that is everything SNAP and SSI combined. I need a scooter or some for of transportation. I also have a hearing dog and she needs to see the vet.
My life just really sucks and I try to stay positive but am at the end of my rope. Everyone I know, is well aware of my circumstances and they choose to ignore it. I am NOT a drug addict or a drunk. I have a list of health problems and that is why I can no longer work. The past two years I have stayed with a brother and now am staying with my sister and her boyfriend. My brother made me pay rent as well as watch his grand children and keep his house and garage clean and do yard work, plus cook for 7.
My sister and her boyfriend charge me $450.00 each month for rent. I only get 720 a month and 81 food stamps. I cant even buy mouth wash. My brother made me pay him 500 when I got my first disability check, then charged 300 a month plus another 300 in food. He claimed me on his taxes and threw me out right after he filed. My sister and her boyfriend just claimed me and now I’m in a worse situation because not only do they take my money, they constantly put me down or start yelling at me. I feel like I’m going to loose it. I have to get out of here. I swear to God.
I am a decent person. I do not do anything to anyone. I stay to myself and stay in my room. I have been so disappointed by so called family its not funny. I just want a home of my own and I don’t care if its a shack. I am very sick and like real sick. Yet my sister will wake me up to tell me to go make her dinner or do laundry. I have to get out of here. I cant take this no more. I am nice and I really believe that is why people do me the way they do because the know I will not retaliate. I feel alone and my dog is my over source of happiness and joy and my sister and her boyfriend try to take her from me too. Like constantly calling her when she is beside me or offering her food so she will leave me.
I know you probably think I’m full of it but trust me, I’m NOT. If you can do anything I will be grateful. I just hope this is for real. I really could use 10 thousand and a three wheel scooter. And mostly, I just want a home.
Clipperrs

Post by Clipperrs »

I’m 28 years old, 7 months pregnant, and been homeless for 4 months. I’ve had no place to sleep, I've spent a lot of days hungry. Me and my fiancé are in Martinsville, Indiana homeless. I’m sick from heat. Any help I can get with food, transportation to doctor or to go get food, or a place to sleep now and then. I hot meal would be helpful. Anything would help. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you only get 10K per year, that is not much. Unfortunately you do not have many options. You will need to get a job (many disabled people on SSI do this), even part time. You will also need to rely on others, as 10K will not pay the bills or rent. But if you are unsafe, then look into maybe supportive housing. There are many options for you, and locate government programs for the disabled.
Cambridge1

Post by Cambridge1 »

I wasn't able to work every day these past months due to internet and electricity outages caused me to have missed a lot hours, also had unknown charges on a canceled bank account that I'm dealing with so I'm behind. I haven't paid July and they already filed me for eviction and August is coming due, credit score is not at its best so I'm really running out of options and was wondering if you can be any assistance at all, as I am not sure where to go for help. I am also interested to find out what do I have to do and if you guys help people like me get back on track and learn to manage.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are financial aid programs in Bridgeport. They can help with credit issues, offer energy bill help or legal aid, and address the housing needs you have. Here is a list of them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr1.html
Patriots

Post by Patriots »

I live in Whitwell, TN (Marion County). I have exhausted my unemployment and am currently healing from an ankle injury and surgery. I have a work at home job lined up but will not start for a few weeks. My fiancé has a job at Amazon and starts tomorrow but it will be a couple of weeks before receiving pay. We have four children and are in desperate need of funds for rent and utilities and have no idea where to turn to for the help we need. We are blessed enough with the SNAP program for food at this point.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lots of churches in TN, some of which may offer financial help, free stuff, and more. Maybe Marion County has some too. Try then, and learn more here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ance_.html
Patriots wrote:I live in Whitwell, TN (Marion County)..