Florida Progress energy utility bill help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Richard2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Florida Progress energy utility bill help

Post by Richard2 »

Hello,

I live in Florida and I am unemployed (and have not worked in this state, so I'm ineligible for unemployment benefits here). My telephone was disconnected last month, and my water was disconnected this morning. I expect that in a few weeks my electric service will likewise be disconnected for nonpayment. At which point I'll probably die from the heat. I have no family. I am all alone. Can someone please direct me to where I might get some help? A job would solve my problems, of course, but in the interim I need assistance in staying alive.

Thank you.

Richard
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Florida Progress energy utility bill help

Post by Admin »

You can always try LIHEAP. However, Progress Energy runs the Progress Energy
Energy Neighbor Fund. This is an assistance program that is available for low to moderate income families and individuals in Florida who are facing unexpected energy costs and utility bills. The program can provide funds and help, and people in need of aid can receive help through the fund. All of the funds and financial assistance that is offered is distributed through local social service agencies, such as the Salvation Army and Community action Agencies, and the money is used to help to pay for electricity, gas, oil or wood.
for help from Progress Energy, dial Pinellas, 727-443-2641; Orlando call 407-629-1010; all other locations, 1-800-700-8744

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Richard2 wrote:Hello,

I live in Florida and I am unemployed (and have not worked in this state, so I'm ineligible for unemployment benefits here). My telephone was disconnected last month, and my water was disconnected this morning. I expect that in a few weeks my electric service will likewise be disconnected for nonpayment. At which point I'll probably die from the heat. I have no family. I am all alone. Can someone please direct me to where I might get some help? A job would solve my problems, of course, but in the interim I need assistance in staying alive.

Thank you.

Richard
Sonya

Tampa Florida electric bills

Post by Sonya »

MY NAME IS SONYA. I SAW THIS MESSAGE ON PROGRESS ENERGY. WHILE I DO NOT USE THEM, IVE BEN TRYING TO GET HELP FROM EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE TAMPA OFFICES BUT I ALWAYS GET TURNED DOWN BECAUSE EITHER MY INCOME DON'T MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS OR THEY WONT HELP ME BACAUSE I DON'T HAVE KIDS, SO I JUST WANT TO NO IF THERE IN ANYWHERE THAT WILL HELP MY PAY MY ELECTRIC BILL IN TAMPA BEFORE THEY DISCONNECT MY ELECTRIC SERVICE. PLEASE REPLY TO ME ....THANK YOU AN GOD BLESS!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tampa Florida electric bills

Post by Admin »

Who is your power/utility company? Here is a listing of agencies, charities and non-profits in Tampa Bay and Polk County Florida.
Polk County Salvation Army (863) 682-8179
Catholic Charities of Central Florida 863-686-7153
There are other phone numbers and agencies listed here. Many have funding for energy balls and other cash grants. If you post your utility company I may be able to provide more information.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Sonya wrote:MY NAME IS SONYA. I SAW THIS MESSAGE ON PROGRESS ENERGY. WHILE I DO NOT USE THEM, IVE BEN TRYING TO GET HELP FROM EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE TAMPA OFFICES BUT I ALWAYS GET TURNED DOWN BECAUSE EITHER MY INCOME DON'T MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS OR THEY WONT HELP ME BACAUSE I DON'T HAVE KIDS, SO I JUST WANT TO NO IF THERE IN ANYWHERE THAT WILL HELP MY PAY MY ELECTRIC BILL IN TAMPA BEFORE THEY DISCONNECT MY ELECTRIC SERVICE. PLEASE REPLY TO ME ....THANK YOU AN GOD BLESS!
Preetip

Tampa Electric Bills and Assistance Needed

Post by Preetip »

Hello,
About a month ago, my power service was disconnected due to being behind in payments. In order to get it turned back on, I need to pay the past due balance of $736.97 + a new deposit of $395 + a $50 reconnect fee, for a total of $1,181.97. This is more then I make in a signle paycheck and there is just no way that I can get this total amount paid without making payments. Tampa Electric is refusing to work with me. I am a single mom supporting a family of 4. I have 2 small children, ages 3 and 7, and my fiance is a stay at home dad. I fell behind in my bill payments because I had been missing a lot of work in the past months. My mother has fallen very ill with stage 4 breast cancer. I have no one to borrower this large amount of money from, and TECO will not work with me. I have tried contacting 211, but it seems that no one there can help either. I live in Oldsmar, which is in Pinellas County, but I have Tampa Electric. The 211 services in Hillsborough County will not help me because I live in Pinellas County and the 211 services in Pinellas County will not help me because I have Tampa Electric. What can I do? We have been staying with family in Tampa, but really need to get back into our house. We can not save any money driving back and fourth to Pinellas County 3 times a day. We have 1 car. My fiance will drop off my daughter at school and me to work in the morning, then have to come back out to pick up my daughter from school in the afternoon, and then come back in the evening to pick me up from work. We are desperate right now. I'm not sure what kind of service you are, but please let me know if you can do anything to help, or if you know where I can go for help. Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tampa Electric Bills and Assistance Needed

Post by Admin »

Tampa Electric runs the so called SHARE program, which is a program that will aid elderly customers, low income, unemployed, and others who are low-income and/or medically disabled. Money may be available to help them pay their energy-related bills. 813-226-0055

In addition, turn to some of the agencies in Pinellas County Florida and the Tampa area. They have grant programs and other resources to help you keep your service on.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html

As just one example, Pinellas Opportunity Council, Inc. (POC) i\the local non-profit Community Action Agency has numerous ways that they can help people with rent, energy bills, housing expenses, food, and much more. 327-8690.
Preetip wrote:Hello,
About a month ago, my power service was disconnected due to being behind in payments. In order to get it turned back on, I need to pay the past due balance of $736.97 + a new deposit of $395 + a $50 reconnect fee, for a total of $1,181.97. This is more then I make in a signle paycheck and there is just no way that I can get this total amount paid without making payments. Tampa Electric is refusing to work with me. I am a single mom supporting a family of 4. I have 2 small children, ages 3 and 7, and my fiance is a stay at home dad. I fell behind in my bill payments because I had been missing a lot of work in the past months. My mother has fallen very ill with stage 4 breast cancer. I have no one to borrower this large amount of money from, and TECO will not work with me. I have tried contacting 211, but it seems that no one there can help either. I live in Oldsmar, which is in Pinellas County, but I have Tampa Electric. The 211 services in Hillsborough County will not help me because I live in Pinellas County and the 211 services in Pinellas County will not help me because I have Tampa Electric. What can I do? We have been staying with family in Tampa, but really need to get back into our house. We can not save any money driving back and fourth to Pinellas County 3 times a day. We have 1 car. My fiance will drop off my daughter at school and me to work in the morning, then have to come back out to pick up my daughter from school in the afternoon, and then come back in the evening to pick me up from work. We are desperate right now. I'm not sure what kind of service you are, but please let me know if you can do anything to help, or if you know where I can go for help. Thanks!
Loreal

Post by Loreal »

I found your website helpful, but I live in Jonesboro, Florida and I need help as I been trying with no success to get help with paying my light/cooling bill and air conditioning. The funds are drying up so quickly as I can't keep up. I am 60 years old and an author of short stores and articles who's income has been severely depleted due to the economy and hardships in Florida. I would greatly appreciate any and all help offered to help me through these trying times, as your site has so much info I am not sure where to start.
a123

Post by a123 »

We are glad you found our site helpful. Light bill, and especially cooling costs are needed in Florida! To say the lease. Florida does offer a program for seniors, and it is a spcial resource for energy bills. We would rather have too much info then too little. Anyway, locate information on the various Duval County Florida programs. Hopefully you can get some grants for those AC bills.