Need help in Ohio

State and local government assistance programs.
Wendy1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help in Ohio

Post by Wendy1 »

I need HELP. My husband hasnt worked in over a year. I am currently looking at foreclosure (actually next Thursday) I have to be at court. I do collect a SSD check once a month for $ 786.00, I receive food stamps and medicaid, I received a call today that if I do not pay $900 on June 7th they will shut off the eletric. Pleaase if anyone has anything helpful to please help me. I am sooo frieghted and scared..I have three children (19, 17, 13) all depending on me to keep them safe, what am I se to do.....Please If anybody knows let me know. I live in Ohio
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help in Ohio

Post by Admin »

Ohio offers several mortgage and foreclosure programs. Mediation, loan modifications, and much more, in different cities including Columbus and Cleveland. More info and details here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nd_fo.html

For your utility bill issues, try the Ohio Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) What this does is it helps Low-income Ohio utility company customers who heat with natural gas, and it allows them to pay 10 percent of their monthly income to their gas company and 5 percent to their electric company so their bill has a cap. Ask your utility company about it.

HeatShare is also offered by many utility companies. You need to call your local Salvation Army branch and ask about this plan.

Depending on your exact energy company, they may have Operation HRound Up, which is funded by customer donations and Ohio Operation Round Up plans will assist individuals and community organizations with utility bills and other expenses. This is run by your utility company so need to call and ask them
jenneifermegan

Post by jenneifermegan »

The community action agency in Hamilton county Ohio has agencies that put single men in homeless shelters but do not help those men to stay in to stay their apartments. There is no help for me, I have not children for the state to support. I can't work and am trying to help myself. Where's the help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You mean the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency (CAA), phone (513).569.1840? But they are not the only option in Cincinnati and Hamilton County Ohio. There are numerous other places for both homeless assistance and rent help. For example, one other option is Cincinnati Salvation Army, and there phone is 513-762-5636. Here are even more programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
jenneifermegan wrote:The community action agency in Hamilton county Ohio has agencies that put single men in homeless shelters but do not help those men to stay in to stay their apartments. There is no help for me, I have not children for the state to support. I can't work and am trying to help myself. Where's the help?
March

Post by March »

We are a family in Ohio, Montgomery county, struggling with our electric bill. It is over $1000 now, and due to be shut off unless we pay $350 by October 26th. We are a low income family with two disabled members. Our local community action center is refusing new applicants. We have a 4-year-old son, and a disable elderly mother whose Pegasys shots must remain refrigerated. We are out of options and nearly time, it seems as though there is no help to be had.

Please any assistance you can provide in direction would be wonderful.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Too bad to here about your local community action center. I think try them again as sometimes these places have more funds in the future. In the meantime, some other places in Montgomery county include
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html
The Salvation Army of the Greater Dayton Ohio Area, (937) 223-1325, the Foodbank, Inc., the Family Homelessness Prevention Pilot Program, a place in Germantown known as Community Services. So these are all in addition to the community action agency.
March wrote:We are a family in Ohio, Montgomery county, struggling with our electric bill. It is over $1000 now, and due to be shut off unless we pay $350 by October 26th. We are a low income family with two disabled members. Our local community action center is refusing new applicants. We have a 4-year-old son, and a disable elderly mother whose Pegasys shots must remain refrigerated. We are out of options and nearly time, it seems as though there is no help to be had.

Please any assistance you can provide in direction would be wonderful.
Copper

Post by Copper »

Hello I am currently living in an Extended stay hotel in Cleveland and paying $253 a week. I do work it just seem like I'm working to pay my rent and I still don’t make enough . I make $7.79 for about 25 hours every two weeks. This week I couldn't pay so now I'm sleeping on someones couch and a run down home paying 300 every two weeks!! I found a place to live and I have $550 and I’m just wondering if you can help me pay the rest so I can take myself away from a bad atmosphere. Please the total cost for the duplex is 550. I will also need assistance with the light deposit until I get paid which is 2 weeks from now. Please resound. Thank you and have a great day!
Old 12 A

Post by Old 12 A »

Hello I am 27 years old , I am in need of rent or a deposit for housing. My mother recently died in November due to that my mother had to close down our family business and had to take in brother who is now 22. I had moved to Cleveland Ohio in December to start over unfortunately the people I was staying with kicked me out they have caused me to lose my job and missing my second job opportunity. My brother got into some trouble while I was away when I returned I learned that he couldn't stay in the city due to certain circumstances. I am the only one who is willing to take him in at the moment. He is now in a juvenile detention center, I have until January 26th to get a home to take custody of him. I go to court sometime this month for the custody. I really need some type of help of getting a home for us both.
Leesman

Post by Leesman »

Is this place where you might get help? I have called all local agencies who have long ago quit doing anything for the poor or the money is gone and they can't. Please help me understand how we, the needy and disabled, get anything service wise. Angel Foods ministries have long sine gone bankrupt from people within the agencies stealing all the money from us, the disabled and needy poor folks. Seriously, if the government is ever going to help us we need it now!
Can you suggest where we can find help in Columbus Ohio. Any kind? I need it as my rent has tripled, my income a measly $700/month, but for help there is none.
In hopeful hands I await your answer. Thanks for listening,
Old 12 A

Post by Old 12 A »

To Whom It May Concern,
I am in need of financial assistance to pay rent, utilities, past due medical bills, and car payments. I have been trying for several months to get a full time job but was able to get part time employment only which is paying $8.10 an hour working 16 hours a week. This only covers one bill that I have to pay and nothing else, so I have fallen behind on my bills.
I have been approved for food stamps through Ohio Job & Family Services but not for any cash assistance.
I am 60 years old and never thought I would be in this situation so I'm having a hard time dealing with the pressure of stress, so I would be grateful for any assistance.
Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Those are just an excessive number of bills. You need to work more than 16 hours a week. The job market is very strong right now and most employers are struggling to find people to hire. But, if you really need financial help, here are programs in Ohio. Also, use a food pantry in addition to the Ohio Job & Family benefits you are receiving. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

I just moved into an apartment in Columbus Ohio and I work at a temp agency and I have recently got a new project but this time it’s not as easy as I thought it would be. I have no food, no furniture and I just bought a new car and I can't pay it off and then on top of that my window got busted out of my car and I don't get paid for another two weeks. I really need some help. If someone can at least call me back and tell me if they can or even if you can't help me that would be greatly appreciated. Please call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are now working, even at a temp agency, and you have immediate need for and all the charities, etc. turned you down, cash try an emergency loan in Columbus. But be sure to try every other option first...a loan comes with risks and is a last resort.