Recovering drug addict

State and local government assistance programs.
Betty
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Recovering drug addict

Post by Betty »

Found you on the web, not sure if you can help. Have been supporting my son, who is a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. Sadly he is only a high school graduate, with a little college. He is doing better than he has in the last 15 years. Problem is he cannot find employment is experienced in telemarketing/customer service, and the former drug addiction huts him in applications. He had an accident in high school where he cut his arm and the nerves in his right hand don't work well which makes it hard for physical work. I would appreciate any suggestions thank you very much, his mom
PS Massillon, Ohio would be best as that would save gas money because he lives in that town.
Sent from my iPhone
Elephant

Re: Recovering drug addict

Post by Elephant »

Hello, I live in St Augustine FL and I need help paying rent due to losing my job due to being on drugs.
I have been actively looking for work and I have used up all my finances.
I am several months behind in my rent.
Please help locate a program that can assist me in my rent.
Nikki P
anti spam: Blue

Post by Nikki P »

Hello, My husband and I are trying to get back on our feet after being homeless for two plus years. We are also in recovery from drug addiction and taking each day at a time surrounding ourselves with supportive family, friends, and our church and recovery groups. It's been a daily struggle but we both have strong faith and God has seen us through. Also my father who was from Georgia passed away over a year ago and we are still waiting for his estate to settle.
We've been staying at the Travelodge hotel in Edmonds WA. But right before New Year’s my husband had to go out of town. He has an elderly family member who is very ill. He left me enough money to pay for our hotel room but just for about a week.
Our hotel room is paid through the middle of this week. So I'm asking if you would consider helping me paying for my hotel room through the end of this week. It is bitterly cold outside and my husband and I have spent many a night outside in the freezing cold. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. So please contact me ASAP and let me know if you can help. You may contact me either by phone or email. Thank you and God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Salvation Army often has programs for recovering drug addicts. They often have low cost (or free) substance abuse workshops, shelters, guidance, and more. They are a faith based charity but do not discriminate based on religion. Find more on Salvation Army in Washington.
Emilie

Post by Emilie »

My name is Kashmere
I am a single mom with 2 boys age 4 and 12 years old. I am a recovering drug addict. I'm just getting back on my feet. As of right now we live with my dad in Britton MI 49229. Right now we have no heat and no power. I have tried getting help and got ran in circles to where I gave up and I stopped going to college and not taking care of my health which I was just in the ICU for bladder and kidney infection and just found out there is way more wrong. My car broke down and I get no help. I do have cash assistance where I get $240 every two weeks but its not much for everything I got try pay and help out and the boys.
I'm trying be strong and taking my sobriety seriously but I need help just to get back up on my feet. I also in process of SSI that I hope I get another chance see judge since I missed and I really need help cause I can't work which I'm on cash assistance through DHS cause my doctor wrote a letter saying that I can't work. I need help as a recovering drug addict buying a car or fixing mine but that's some money to fix. I need get into my own place for my boys and for stability and my mental health and my recovery coach and counselor agreed when I seen them but I have been getting all my appointments made to get back on track. It's all overwhelming and hard with no help get back on path as a drug addict who is recovering. Please help me.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are recovering, that is great! But as I am sure you know, it is literally day at a time, hour by hour. There are free rehab programs you can try to get ongoing, future help too. Look into them as far as your treatment goes. Learn more on free drug rehab here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tment.html