Houston Texas Assistance Programs

State and local government assistance programs.
green
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Houston Texas Assistance Programs

Post by green »

My name is Latisha Green and I have a five year old son. and live in I was laid off two weeks ago and I have been out looking for a job on a daily basis even on Fridays. I've been praying to God and I am still praying. I can't let my son see me cry or tell him that Moma can't keep a roof over our head. My friend made us groceries with her foodstamps and I appreciate that so much. My last check that I received I gased my car, paid part of my son's daycare and paid the light bill. I really did not know that it was this hard and stressful. Please if someone can help me pay 379.00 by the 3rd of May I promise as soon as I get a job I will pay back. I promise I can give you all of my information. I just can't see me dragging my baby from here to there. Houston,Texas.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Houston Texas Assistance Programs

Post by Admin »

Is it your utility bill you need help paying? If so, try these programs.
Atmos Energy, Sharing the Warmth is an assistance program.
Entergy Texas offers the The Power to Care program, which provides grants and funds provide short-term help to pay utility bills for low income familes.
Ju Jansen

Post by Ju Jansen »

To Whom It May Concern,

Hello, I live in Houston, TX. How would I go about getting some financial assistance? I'm emailing you because my phone is turned off because I have no money to pay for it so I'm not able to call you. I'm including some text documents of my current bills. I didn't include any of my account information for either for security purposes. My current rent is $514. I take public transportation which costs $5 a day. I can barely afford to eat. I'm currently applying for food stamps. I'm currently applying for Northstar insurance to get some medication for anxiety, depression because I can't afford to pay a co-pay. My phone got turned off yesterday so I won't be able to answer the phone when they do call later this week. My only option for the Northstar application is to go back to where I applied by using public transportation, which, as I said, costs me $5 a day. I have to do it that way because my phone is not on. I can't afford to pay my phone bill, electric bill, internet bill, and I'm barely able to pay my rent and eat after all that. So, again, I'm not asking for a handout. I'm just asking for whatever you are able to give. Anything will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just so you know, phone assistance doesn't exist, including in Houston. There are programs such as Lifeline, but they won't pay existing bills. Obviously programs for internet bills don't exist. That is a want, not a need. So sounds like you need to work on priorities. As far as some other charity programs, try the Salvation Army in Harris County Texas. They may have food, applications for housing, financial literacy classes, and other support. Read Houston Texas Salvation Army financial programs.
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

I am having major problems and would like to know if you could possibly help me.
I am renting a room from someone and they have sold the house. I must be out by December 1st. I have nowhere to go so I'm going to be homeless.
Also I wear glasses but my eyes are worse and I have major problems swing even with the glasses I have.
And lastly, I cannot hear very well and I'm in urgent need of hearing aids.
I get disability every month but on my budget I can't afford to buy glasses or hearing aids. My money is all gone by the time I pay my bills.
Also do you know how I could get temporary housing until my section 8 voucher comes through. I'm 55 years old and have my companion of 11 years’ worth me. He is a dog half lab half greyhound. I live in Houston TX until the 1st then I don't know what I'll do.
I would appreciate anything you could help me with.
Thank you and God Bless.
Javian

Post by Javian »

I am not from Houston Texas. I am from a small town in Mississippi called Coldwater. I and my sister moved here and we're roommates with another girl from our hometown and she kicked me and my sister out on the streets. I do have a job however the move threw us behind a lot.
I have a nephew that we just registered in a Houston school today but we have no funds for school supplies, clothes and needless to say we don't even have food at the moment.... just one stick of ground beef. We usually have everything worked out but when the lady kicked us out she put me and my sister in a bind.
I went to a name center today however they were not helpful at all. Is there any way you can assist us. I don't have a phone to call on due to my phone being disconnected but I can be reached via email. Thanks so much for your time and I pray that you can help us.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Hi, I live in Houston TX. I have 4 kids and I'm currently not working is only my husband and he is getting pay 105 weekly do to child support. I have been late on my rent for the past 4 months.
The landlord is very nice and she has given us time but at the moment is very hard. We really need so help if you have any questions please contact me at my number. Thank you very much!!
EdM

Post by EdM »

Hello,
I and family living in Houston TX since more than one year.
Our water bill is up from December 15. We have low income and food stamp.
Please let me know if we are qualified for W.A.T.E.R program? How I can applied for this program? I can't sent our SSN by mail!
Could you please advice?
Momsscolar

Post by Momsscolar »

To whom this may concern:
I was homeless for two years when SEARCH 1115 Housing Voucher program was able to find me an apartment with New Hope Housing. Since then I have found a job in 4/2018. I am now moving into my own apartment since Houston Housing Authority will not certify me due to my new job and income status.
Although I may make more than allowed for Housing, I have not yet made that amount. I am in need of furniture for my new place and my case manager at SEARCH has not been able to locate any help with furniture. Since the 1115 Housing Voucher program do not need furniture since the New Hope Housing properties are already furnished. I contacted the Furniture Bank as was told to contact one of their Partner Agencies. I found your agency on their list and was hoping that you could assist me with this matter. I can be reached if you have any question or if you can assist me with this matter.
Respectfully submitted,