Rental assistance

Find how to get help with rent
Tinkers
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rental assistance

Post by Tinkers »

Hi my name is Tina. I am currently unemployed and struggling. I had major surgery less then two months ago and am also dealing with huge medical bills. I am late on my rent and have know where to turn. Community action is unable to help so I don't know what to do. Also in January I was informed that my COBRA will be increasing from 125.00 a month to 400.00 I don't know why but am scared to go with out health insurance. Please if there is any ideas out there I would appriciate them. I am currently living in Oregon in a town called Tualatin.
Thank you
Tina :cry:
helper

Re: Rental assistance

Post by helper »

Here is a resource that will direct you to resources to get utility bill help in Oregon. Just keep contacting agencies. In particular, look for the LIHEAP crisis program. That is usually effective. http://www.hud.gov/local/or/renting/energyprgms.cfm

Regarding COBRA, the fed government stimulus program offers assistance. Did you explore that option?
http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/cobra.html
Sonya

Rental assistance and medical expenses

Post by Sonya »

Hello, My name is Sonya. I am in need of help with my rent. My husband and I are hard workers but we have hit a hardship in our finances. I've exhausted all of my loans. I still owe my July and August Rent. We also need help with medical bills. I need my wisdom tooth pulled and I can't afford it. My husband still has $4420.00 in debt with his dentist because of pain. P I am in Doraville, Ga. We can't keep up with our monthly scheduled bills. I'm in dire need of a grant that can help up catch up on our rent, electric, cable, and payoff our medical expenses and clear our credit up and put food on our table. I am trying to avoid eviction. The manager in my apt. complex has been trying to work with us but there is only so much she can do because of her boss. Now I can't make arrangements because I don't have the money to pay anyway. Please help me. Thanks in Advance,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rental assistance and medical expenses

Post by Admin »

Find how to get help paying rent in Dekalb County and Doraville Georgia. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogr1.html
Call the two different community action agencies, the Fulton Atlanta Community Action Authority at (404) 320-0166. The Atlanta Urban League phone 404-659-1150 may also run some rent and housing programs. As usual, the funding is limited, but you should call them to check in.
Sonya wrote:Hello, My name is Sonya. I am in need of help with my rent. My husband and I are hard workers but we have hit a hardship in our finances. I've exhausted all of my loans. I still owe my July and August Rent. We also need help with medical bills. I need my wisdom tooth pulled and I can't afford it. My husband still has $4420.00 in debt with his dentist because of pain. P I am in Doraville, Ga. We can't keep up with our monthly scheduled bills. I'm in dire need of a grant that can help up catch up on our rent, electric, cable, and payoff our medical expenses and clear our credit up and put food on our table. I am trying to avoid eviction. The manager in my apt. complex has been trying to work with us but there is only so much she can do because of her boss. Now I can't make arrangements because I don't have the money to pay anyway. Please help me. Thanks in Advance,
Larry

Post by Larry »

I am a single father of 2 and im working full time for minimun wage and trying to save up for a apt while living with a friend of mine who I have come to dislike because shes become bitter because of the period of time that weve been there I get food stamps and wic but im still struggling real bad I want to do what is best for my children and give them a stable happy home where theres less problems is there any way that you could help me thank you so much hope to hear from you soon.
msfreeman71

Post by msfreeman71 »

My name is Tonya in hampton va and i need help. i am newly unemployed from verizon and in need of help. i have 4 children and im trying to prevent being homeless. i am really having it hard. i have a disabled son who gets ssi but at a reduce amount because the said i made to much. and the child support is barley 50.00 every 2 weeks. i am a hair stylist but i just went back in the business and need to complete school for my license. i have been homeless before over 7 years ago and have been displaced before by a fire. at that time i didnt get assistance from the gov. and now that i need help i have to wait until next month to apply so it wont reflect my current and last pay stubs. we are running out of food and the rent lady is at the door. is there any help out there. my cable will be off on thurs. but i can still get emails from my phone and check it at the library. i had to turn my car in so im on the bus as well. thank any and all in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you just lost your job definitely apply for unemployment. Not much you can do about a cable expense. No one will provide help to pay a TV bill. As far as rent, housing, and utility bills you do have several programs in Hampton and Virginia Beach area. This resource lists many of them http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
For example, places like the Virginia Beach and Suffolk Salvation Army as well as the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia may have aid for you. The phone numbers and contact information can be obtained at the link above.
msfreeman71 wrote:My name is Tonya in hampton va and i need help. i am newly unemployed from verizon and in need of help. i have 4 children and im trying to prevent being homeless. i am really having it hard. i have a disabled son who gets ssi but at a reduce amount because the said i made to much. and the child support is barley 50.00 every 2 weeks. i am a hair stylist but i just went back in the business and need to complete school for my license. i have been homeless before over 7 years ago and have been displaced before by a fire. at that time i didnt get assistance from the gov. and now that i need help i have to wait until next month to apply so it wont reflect my current and last pay stubs. we are running out of food and the rent lady is at the door. is there any help out there. my cable will be off on thurs. but i can still get emails from my phone and check it at the library. i had to turn my car in so im on the bus as well. thank any and all in advance.
Smith99

Post by Smith99 »

Yes,
Hello my family and i are in desperste need for rent.. i wouldnt even need rent help if it wasnt for my boyfriend and i paying 440 every two weeks for daycare off of a 1200 dollar deal evry two weeks. i was just wondering if these options apply for the city as well? we are a month and a half behind and i truly would like to get back on track. we are at ends peak. do u think anyone can come up with at least half of 1300..Please let me know
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I am searching for renters assistance program for my 21 yr old son..he lives in Costa Mesa,CA He is unemployed, no food, no money and alone for the holidays..rent is due on 12/1 and he only has 50.00 of it so far..he has been searching hard for a job but is having trouble getting hired due to some trouble he got into a few yrs ago...he is in need of some assistance and guidance/direction please help ...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state and/or county? Without knowing that my reply is generic. Try the federal government Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program which the federal government funds.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hom ... nd_ra.html
Larry wrote:I am a single father of 2 and im working full time for minimun wage and trying to save up for a apt while living with a friend of mine who I have come to dislike because shes become bitter because of the period of time that weve been there I get food stamps and wic but im still struggling real bad I want to do what is best for my children and give them a stable happy home where theres less problems is there any way that you could help me thank you so much hope to hear from you soon.
Bw19

Rental assistance in Houston

Post by Bw19 »

I am facing eviction from my apartment. I need some rental and housing help fast and now. I am in Houston, TX, Harris County. I am a single mother and college student. I just got a job offer last week, and I start on the 30th. I am happy about that, but I need somewhere to live, and raise my son while I work and finish my degree program. Please, can you help me??? ASAP
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rental assistance in Houston

Post by Admin »

The Harris county Texas and Houston area have numerous assistance programs for low income.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/har ... progr.html
There are agencies that run eviction prevention programs. Especially if you are about to start a new job, you are more than likely to qualify for short term help for rent.

Bw19 wrote:I am facing eviction from my apartment. I need some rental and housing help fast and now. I am in Houston, TX, Harris County. I am a single mother and college student. I just got a job offer last week, and I start on the 30th. I am happy about that, but I need somewhere to live, and raise my son while I work and finish my degree program. Please, can you help me??? ASAP
shannon14

Post by shannon14 »

I need emergency rent assistance this month. My rent is $360.00 and was due on May 8, 2011, but my landlord is telling me if I don't have it today or tomorrow, I must move out now. I'm disabled due to Bipolar and have nowhere else to go. The landlord would not let me sign a lease when I moved in. I have paid my rent 5 day earlier until this month. I'm very scared and have made at least 30 phone calls looking for assistance with no luck.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you made those 30 calls. Keep trying. You can't give up. Some agencies do focus on the disabled though, which would include your medical condition.
Find a comprehensive listing of rent assistance programs. Usually a landlord will work with you too, so hopefully they will in your case too.
shannon14 wrote:I need emergency rent assistance this month. My rent is $360.00 and was due on May 8, 2011, but my landlord is telling me if I don't have it today or tomorrow, I must move out now. I'm disabled due to Bipolar and have nowhere else to go. The landlord would not let me sign a lease when I moved in. I have paid my rent 5 day earlier until this month. I'm very scared and have made at least 30 phone calls looking for assistance with no luck.
BrevardKing

Post by BrevardKing »

RECENTLY MOVED FROM MI. BOTH MY 34 YR OLD DAUGHTER ARE DISABLED, AND IN NEED OF MOVING EXSPENSE MONIES FOR 08/31/2011. WAS ABLE TO STAY IN A FRIEND OF THE FAMILIES APARTMENT, WHILE THEY WENT BACK TO MI FOR A NEW JOB, AND SCHOOL. LAST DAY IN THE APARTMENT IS 08/31/2011. I'M WITH MY DAUGHTER, AND BOTH OF US HAVE TO MOVE. WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR TWO APARTMENTS. SHE WILL ALSO NEED MOVING EXPENSE MONIES.MY MOVE-IN IS 08/01-08-03-2011 IN LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ 86403.MY DAUGHTERS MOVE-IN 08/08/2011 IN PHOENIX, AZ 85032. WE DON'T HAVE MONIES FOR SECURITY DEPOSITS, OR A U-HAUL OR MEN TO MOVE US. I'VE HAD SPINAL SURGERY'S 2010. MY DAUGHTER HAS BACK PROBLEMS.