I am in desperate need of help... its a long story but true

State and local government assistance programs.
kimmysc1965
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am in desperate need of help... its a long story but true

Post by kimmysc1965 »

Hi I live in south carolina. I have always worked since I was 16. I am a nurse but I was terminated from my job yesterday. My husband is 69 years old and is from scotland and we have been married since 2002. He recently lost his job but that was ok his health was failing (I am 45) and I was working 2 jobs with a little girl who I have had for nine years she stayed more with me then her own family. She was a part of my family. I lost my only brother who was 39 years old who died of a blood clot. That was April 28, 2009. That was so hard losing him because my son really looked up to him and I never new pain could hurt this bad. On valentines day feb 14, 2010 my son was just about to get in our car to visit his dad for the weekend. He looked up at me and stated "Mama I had a horrible nightmnare last night. I dreamed that Mom died. All the grandchildren called my mother Mom for some reason." I live in a single trailer that is very old and lived 300 feet in front of her house. Just as I told my son "Oh hun it was just a dream, we are going to see Mom now before you leave with your dad and give her the valentine things you made her" my cell phone rang and my sister who lived 500 feet behind my mom had moved herself and her husband and her 3 boys into my moms house to help take care of her since she had alot of medical problems and since I was having to work 80 hours a week I couldnt be there as much. I cut my phone off and gave my son a kiss and said lets go see mom. Then his cell phone rang. He turned white and said Deese is on the phone and she is crying. I answered his phone and all I remember is her yelling that mom was dead they found her asleep in her bed. My son has never gotton over losing her either. She cut his umbilical cord and when his dad and I divorced she helped me raise him until I was remarried. My son thinks that he could of saved her if he woke up. I told him that no it was her time to go and that he was so lucky because she came to him in his dreams to tell him goodbye. My son is in the 10th grade but is only on a 5th grade level. He has a adult syndrome called trigimineral neuralgia which affects his left ear. He has always had ear problems but in 2007 when he was in 7th grade it became worse. He would state any noise hurt his ear, it was like a stabbing pain a knife going deep in the middle of his ear and slowly turning. He has been on medical homebound since 7th grade. He also has a history of migraines and sezures and high blood pressure. I have applied for disability for him twice been turned down. When I lost my job yesterday i thought I would lose it completly. I have just been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder due to how my father died and with my mom and brother dying and the little girl i kept for 9 years died in my arms at my house on oct 18, 2010 you cant imagine how distraught i have been. I have major depression and high anxiety. Now we have no income I have applied for assistance but they said takes 4-6 weeks, the day the little girl funeral was the engine blew in my car at the funderal so I have had no transportation except asking for rides to places. Now I have also been diagnoseed with a blood clot and I almost died we found out after alot of medical testing that we have a rare syndrome called factor 5 and factor 8. I have no insurance on none of us. I am like 3 thousand dollars behind in just bills already due to my medical condition and my sons medical condition i am just about at my wits in. I am emotionally , mentally and physically tired of trying to get help and I cant get it. I was seeing a doctor but now I cant see him due to no insurance for me. Please I am begging anybody that can offer suggestions or anything to contact me. I bounced a check trying to help my sister whos electricity was cut off even though she is disabled and if i dont come up with 400$ tomorrow i go to jail. needless to say i dont have the money. I have prayed and prayed and I just dont know where to turn to now. If you want you can email me. thank you for listingig to me. it helped me some just writing this out. God bless you...
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am in desperate need of help... its a long story but true

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into some of the free health care programs and/or community clinics in South Carolina and your area? The clinics may either be able to provide free medical care, or low cost, and help you get control of those bills. Or if they can't help you in your situation, maybe they can refer you to someone who can. Here is a link to information on free clinics, and select South Carolina from the list. Many other medical and health care programs are noted on the site too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/free_clinic.html
kimmysc1965 wrote:Hi I live in south carolina. I have always worke
d since I was 16. I am a nurse but I was terminated from my job yesterday. My husband is 69 years old and is from scotland and we have been married since 2002. He recently lost his job but that was ok his health was failing (I am 45) and I was working 2 jobs with a little girl who I have had for nine years she stayed more with me then her own family. She was a part of my family. I lost my only brother who was 39 years old who died of a blood clot. That was April 28, 2009. That was so hard losing him because my son really looked up to him and I never new pain could hurt this bad. On valentines day feb 14, 2010 my son was just about to get in our car to visit his dad for the weekend. He looked up at me and stated "Mama I had a horrible nightmnare last night. I dreamed that Mom died. All the grandchildren called my mother Mom for some reason." I live in a single trailer that is very old and lived 300 feet in front of her house. Just as I told my son "Oh hun it was just a dream, we are going to see Mom now before you leave with your dad and give her the valentine things you made her" my cell phone rang and my sister who lived 500 feet behind my mom had moved herself and her husband and her 3 boys into my moms house to help take care of her since she had alot of medical problems and since I was having to work 80 hours a week I couldnt be there as much. I cut my phone off and gave my son a kiss and said lets go see mom. Then his cell phone rang. He turned white and said Deese is on the phone and she is crying. I answered his phone and all I remember is her yelling that mom was dead they found her asleep in her bed. My son has never gotton over losing her either. She cut his umbilical cord and when his dad and I divorced she helped me raise him until I was remarried. My son thinks that he could of saved her if he woke up. I told him that no it was her time to go and that he was so lucky because she came to him in his dreams to tell him goodbye. My son is in the 10th grade but is only on a 5th grade level. He has a adult syndrome called trigimineral neuralgia which affects his left ear. He has always had ear problems but in 2007 when he was in 7th grade it became worse. He would state any noise hurt his ear, it was like a stabbing pain a knife going deep in the middle of his ear and slowly turning. He has been on medical homebound since 7th grade. He also has a history of migraines and sezures and high blood pressure. I have applied for disability for him twice been turned down. When I lost my job yesterday i thought I would lose it completly. I have just been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder due to how my father died and with my mom and brother dying and the little girl i kept for 9 years died in my arms at my house on oct 18, 2010 you cant imagine how distraught i have been. I have major depression and high anxiety. Now we have no income I have applied for assistance but they said takes 4-6 weeks, the day the little girl funeral was the engine blew in my car at the funderal so I have had no transportation except asking for rides to places. Now I have also been diagnoseed with a blood clot and I almost died we found out after alot of medical testing that we have a rare syndrome called factor 5 and factor 8. I have no insurance on none of us. I am like 3 thousand dollars behind in just bills already due to my medical condition and my sons medical condition i am just about at my wits in. I am emotionally , mentally and physically tired of trying to get help and I cant get it. I was seeing a doctor but now I cant see him due to no insurance for me. Please I am begging anybody that can offer suggestions or anything to contact me. I bounced a check trying to help my sister whos electricity was cut off even though she is disabled and if i dont come up with 400$ tomorrow i go to jail. needless to say i dont have the money. I have prayed and prayed and I just dont know where to turn to now. If you want you can email me. thank you for listingig to me. it helped me some just writing this out. God bless you...
Eli34

Post by Eli34 »

I live alone and work two job that do not keep up with growing cost of living. I recent had a blood clot discovered in my left leg. I am desperate and i have accumulated bills which makes it difficult to pay them and my rent, car note, insurances, food, and gas.
My rent went to $928 because of what look like hidden fee for cable etc. that was written in small print on lease agreement but not pointed out before I applied for rent. After being accepted for rent with my management company I became aware of this hidden cable and other attachment fees. It is such a strain that I have to juggle my other expenses and neglect other...such as medical and dental.
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Good Evening,
I was referred by a friend to contact you all in hopes of rent and energy assistance. I live in Glen Burnie, MD, and while a long story I was recently laid off from my job and I'm struggling keeping up with my bills for my son and I while looking for a job in the meantime. She told me you all were able to give her a great amount of assistance in her time of need and I'm in hopes that you can do the same for us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is in Anne Arundel County in Maryland, and there are many financial aid programs as we have listed here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Many of the agencies may be based in the scenic, peaceful town of Annapolis Maryland which I have visited and the shops, scenery, etc. are great.
Foreigner wrote:Good Evening,
I was referred by a friend to contact you all in hopes of rent and energy assistance. I live in Glen Burnie, MD, and while a long story I was recently laid off from my job and I'm struggling keeping up with my bills for my son and I while looking for a job in the meantime.