Single mom, divorced, and pregnant

State and local government assistance programs.
Rella
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single mom, divorced, and pregnant

Post by Rella »

I'm a single mother going through a divorce. I am trying to get a job but it's hard to find someone to hire me at the moment cause I'm pregnant. I'm due in December and I have two other little girls and I just need help paying my rent.
I'm late on rent and I really need help just at least this once cause I'm hoping to have a job before my next rent bill comes out. Anything will help me out I just want to make sure my kids have a roof over their heads and me too.
I never asked for help before I tried to do my best at whatever it takes to do my best at paying bills but at the moment I'm asking for help as I have a lot going on. I need someone to help me get back on my feet again. Please I'm just asking for help at least this one time and I can show you I'm behind my rent.
Diantranise

Re: Single mom, divorced, and pregnant

Post by Diantranise »

I know this is a long shot but it's worth a try. I'm a single working mother of 2 beautiful children. I have been taking care of them by myself since the day they were born as we divorced early. It seems like it's getting harder and harder every day to make it by I work 20-27 hours a week at $7.75 an hour paid by weekly.
I live in low income housing and my rent is 143 a month. My paychecks are only a little over $200 after paying my rent I'm left with very little. I have 2 children that need things plus house hold items.
The only assistance I get is food stamps and medical my electric got shut off recently and without my electric I can't cook or use my heat. I have called every agencies in my area to get help.
One agencies said I would have to come up with $1400 and they would help with 500.
I was on the on track program but I missed my payments due to me having to quit my job working night shift for a few months.
I had no income or alimony from divorce so I wasn’t able to pay and got kicked off I have tried to set up a payment arrangement for it. My power got shut off. I didn't get my paycheck until the day they were going to shut it off they told me I had to pay $180 for the shut off date to keep it on and reinstate me in the on track program.
They wouldn't put a hold on it until I could pay it. I got my check and it was only $175.
I am so beside myself as a single mother. I'm in jeopardy of losing my home and my children and now I am pregnant again. My children are all I have. I have been working so hard and it's a constant struggle. I have almost given up all hope and slowly losing faith. If there's any help out there it would be greatly appreciated. We just want to be able to go home and sleep in our own beds. Thank you for taking the time to read my message.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have tons of programs that could help single moms, including anyone who is pregnant. There are diaper banks, clinics for medical care, Salvation Army thrift stores for furniture etc. (and maybe free items), cash assistance programs and much more. More on help for pregnant woman.
Chesney1

Post by Chesney1 »

Hello,
I've never applied or asked for assistance before. I got caught in a very bad situation as I have 2 kids, now pregnant again and my husband just filed for divorce. I will be in a real jam by the end of this month. I currently make around 1,900 a month from comp and side gigs. Which I can't live off. I have found apartments that I currently have been accepted to live in. Here in Bemidji, Minnesota. But I don't have the funds to cover first and last month's rent along with security deposit or food and clothes for kids. Which runs up to $950. Rent is $825, I can handle that. I am currently collecting workman's comp for a back injury sustained at work but will be going back to work soon. How would I go about getting assistance?