Need school supplies, such as clothing and classroom items

State and local government assistance programs.
Stretch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need school supplies, such as clothing and classroom items

Post by Stretch »

Hello. I find your website while I was trying to look up ways to get help with buying school supplies and clothes for my kids this year. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction, as I am not having any luck online. We are currently on Food Stamps and are getting help with our electric and heating bills but with school coming up in about a month the money just isn't there to buy school supplies and clothes. How do I send my kids to school with no supplies are clothes that fit!? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you,
SueH

Re: Need school supplies, such as clothing and classroom ite

Post by SueH »

Our family of five is on a fixed monthly income of $1150.00 which is my husband's disability.
We are located in Dickinson, Texas. My son will be attending junior college this fall (2013) on a federal grant, but his money will not be available until possibly December 2013 and classes begin August 26, 2013. He is 18 years old. They need school supplies. He has also applied for a work study program at the college and will need work clothes for his job on campus. If he is accepted into the program, his jobs would begin at the same time school starts. Any help that you could assist us with would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Paula Johnston

Post by Paula Johnston »

Hello,
I was just doing a search for school supplies assistance and one of my Google results for this site had the keywords school supplies in it. So I was wondering if you knew of any where I can get assistance with school supply costs? I put a cart together with most of the supplies needed for the Kindergarten at two different places and the total was around $70 at both places and that didn't include the other things such as paper towels, tissues, storage bag, wipes, and hand sanitizer.
Thank you,
Troyyer

Post by Troyyer »

Hello, I’m a single mom of two girls living in Mississippi. The company that I was working for closed its doors on June 26, 2013. Since then its been very hard to find a job. I receive unemployment weekly in the amount of 99.00. I recently started school and I have to take the 99.00 to keep gas in my car. School is about to open and I can’t afford to buy my girls school clothes, shoes or supplies. I would like some assistance. Please just to get clothes and shoes for my children. I know that funds are limited but I really need the help I will provide receipts for every item purchased. Also I have a disconnect for my lights, a total of 400.00 is due by December 10, 2013. If there is anything that you can do for me will greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we have information on places to call for school supplies. They won't give you cash to pay for them, but they may have uniforms for students, notebooks, pens, pencils, and similar goods. Most of the items are provided from clothing closets and/or thrift stores. There will be low income requirements in place too that your students need to meet. Find school supplies from clothing banks.
Midway

Post by Midway »

I never thought I would end up here asking for help. I am a mother of 2 kids, one is a 1 year old other is a 5 year old. We have had a tough year this year. My spouse lost his job months ago and I wasn’t able to collect and have been making ends meet ever since.

I am behind in rent 2 months my landlord has been patient with me but I haven’t been able to find a job or get any help. I have no family here or no where to turn everyone turns me down and can't help us. All I want is for my kids to have a good Christmas for I cant afford anything for them. It makes me sad to think what their faces will be like when they wake up Christmas morning and have nothing.

I am facing eviction already and will be homeless and don't know what to do or where to turn, if their is anyone out there that could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Whether it be a hand with some presents, clothing, school uniforms or possible help out with rent. I do not want to be homeless but it seems like that’s what will happen to me. Hoping for a Christmas miracle and someone kind reads this. Thank You and God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For school supplies, we strongly recommend clothing closets, Salvation Army thfit stoes, or other seasonal type drives. Most communities have them during the summer months for low income parents. Kids may get bookbags, shoes, clothing, and much more. Here are some details http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... osets.html
Julia

Post by Julia »

I just wanted to thank you so much for all the information provided on the website. I am a single mother of two and have been struggling for years to make ends meet and it is not working. The father of the kids left and does not help at all. After that I have had 2 abusive relationships and had to stay in them because I can't make it on my own.
Right now I have to buy the back to school things and don't know how I am going to do it. We are currently being evicted from the place we were staying at because I can't pay for it. We have to move by Saturday but I have not found anything yet. If there is anything else you can do or any other place you can refer me to please I will greatly appreciate it.
Hit em with hine

Re: Need school supplies, such as clothing and classroom items

Post by Hit em with hine »

I am a single mother of two boy’s ages 4 and 6 that need clothing and school items. I receive SSI of about $730 a month. I am trying to get us into an apartment and my 6 year old is about to start first grade at Academy del Sol in Tucson, AZ. They require him to have a uniform for the classroom with a shirt embroidered with their logo. I am trying to find help in at least giving him one complete uniform or other articles of clothing so that way I am able to afford to get us into an apartment. I have applied for section 8 and HUD.
Mandiandfamily

Post by Mandiandfamily »

Hello,
I have a question for you?
Do you know of anywhere that is helping with School supplies, I know a family that is in need of help, the husband is out of work because and accident that happened at work, and the wife just recently lost her mother and is having a very hard time on top of dealing with her Lupus. They only get 300 a week.
Thank you in advance for any information.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We know of many that may offer supplies. As long as the income is low enough with the husband out of work that will probably qualify them. Find details on free school supplies and other resources too.
Mandiandfamily wrote: Do you know of anywhere that is helping with School supplies, I know a family that is in need of help, the husband is out of work because and accident that happened at work, and the wife just recently lost her mother and is having a very hard time on top of dealing with her Lupus. They only get 300 a week.
Thank you in advance for any information.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Hi, I am a single mom of four kids ages 4, 7, 8 and 14 years old. I am looking for help with school supplies and
Clothing for them. Where do I need to go to apply for this help I live?
In Greene County which is in Virginia, please let me know I would
Greatly appreciate your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not have that county covered...at least directly. Try the United Way for a school supply giveaway in your region. They are here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _prog.html
MrsJasnen

Post by MrsJasnen »

Good afternoon, I have 4 children, 1 in middle school, 2 going to High school and 1 starting Fayetteville NC community college and I have not and will have a difficult getting them school supplies and clothing for this upcoming school year.
We were victims of a neighbor exposing himself in back of house while children played. I called police and individual was arrested a few days later.
Hs wife and daughter threatened with stabbing to cut, stab and burn down my house. We had to move in fear of this happening now I find myself with no money to get the children school stuff, I humble ask is there any way I'm I able to get a referral for any organization involved in assisting with school items etc. in Cumberland county. The only assistance I get is food stamps and Medicaid and food stamps go quick with the children been home on school break. Please help us with anything that is available please. Thank you and God bless you.
shannon14

Post by shannon14 »

Hi, We are from Greene county NY and I would like to get some information on how to acquire help in getting school supplies, classroom items and clothing for my 4 children in this upcoming school year. I am a single mom fighting disability and am unable to work. My children's father passed away a few months ago so cash is very far and few. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Sincerely,
Marie