Death in the family

State and local government assistance programs.
March
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Death in the family

Post by March »

I need help paying bills. My mom just passed away Dec. 22nd. She was the sole income and payee of the bills for the household. Its just me and my sister. I do have a part time job, but currently have not had much work due to the holidays. On average I make $215 to $350 every 2 weeks. My sister does not have a job. I am 27 and she is 24. Everything is in her name still tho. We havent gotten her even cremated due to not having the cash to do so, but also due to having to do a autopsy on her to find out why she died. Then we will be having to wait on the toxicology report and then go from there. Just today we started to get some bills that are due the first week of January. I understand you cant help with cable/internet/trash, but you can help with water and electric. Out of the ones you can help us with that we just got is the water bill, which is only $17 but $17 is $17 right now. My mom just recently paid for he electric bill the 17th to take a wild guess. I just applied for foodstamps and just got letter in the mail for an interview. They said I had to call them for the interview before or on the 30th of Dec. Which is today, But I Just got it in the mail today and my mail doesnt come till 5:30pm. Also the letter was dated the 28th, so that didnt even give it enough time to get to me so I would call for an appointment. My sister was on foodstamps but just got declined due to not showing proof of income. Which as you read she dont have a job. My mom was suppose to write a letter stating that she helps as much as she can for her needs. But that didnt happen due to her not feeling well and then her passing just recently. So anyways any advise or help in paying the bills so we can keep this house running and so on will be greatly appreciated. I also live in Hudson, FL. Pasco County
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Death in the family

Post by Admin »

You are right as far as cable and trash. Not much you can do with those expenses and bills. As far as water and electric and other utilities, you do have options. Use this link for a variety of programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
The timing of the food stamps doesn't sound right. Call the office and tell them about the dates of the letters and mail.
Some places to call for help with water and utilities, and other aid in Pasco include The Salvation Army ((813) 991-6830) and also the Neighborhood Care Center (813) 780-6822) They can offer food, financial aid, cash grants, and other aid and support.

March wrote:I need help paying bills. My mom just passed away Dec. 22nd. She was the sole income and payee of the bills for the household. Its just me and my sister. I do have a part time job, but currently have not had much work due to the holidays. On average I make $215 to $350 every 2 weeks. My sister does not have a job. I am 27 and she is 24. Everything is in her name still tho. We havent gotten her even cremated due to not having the cash to do so, but also due to having to do a autopsy on her to find out why she died. Then we will be having to wait on the toxicology report and then go from there. Just today we started to get some bills that are due the first week of January. I understand you cant help with cable/internet/trash, but you can help with water and electric. Out of the ones you can help us with that we just got is the water bill, which is only $17 but $17 is $17 right now. My mom just recently paid for he electric bill the 17th to take a wild guess. I just applied for foodstamps and just got letter in the mail for an interview. They said I had to call them for the interview before or on the 30th of Dec. Which is today, But I Just got it in the mail today and my mail doesnt come till 5:30pm. Also the letter was dated the 28th, so that didnt even give it enough time to get to me so I would call for an appointment. My sister was on foodstamps but just got declined due to not showing proof of income. Which as you read she dont have a job. My mom was suppose to write a letter stating that she helps as much as she can for her needs. But that didnt happen due to her not feeling well and then her passing just recently. So anyways any advise or help in paying the bills so we can keep this house running and so on will be greatly appreciated. I also live in Hudson, FL. Pasco County
Instant

Post by Instant »

My Mom Recently passed and Her Family don't have the funds to lay her to rest properly. She is getting cremated and the funeral home is asking 1,100 for the cost. I'm in dire need to know what I can do to pay for this cost with her death now occurring. The funeral director said after 90 days they will dispose the body and until we have the money they have her on ice. Please help.
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

My son passed away this past March 17th and it turned my world upside down with this unexpected death. I'm just now trying to get my life back together and it’s so hard. I haven't worked in a month or so. I'm out looking for a job but my bills are piled up high on me no way power is due to be turned off today and I've gotten a note on my door telling me to move scene my rent is very late.
I'm trying hard but I really don't know where to turn for help. I've never had to ask for help before but any help I can get would be a blessing. If I can ever get my bills straightened out where I can relax enough to think state then I’d love to go back to school so I can secure my future. Thank you.
Old 12 A

Post by Old 12 A »

My children's father passed away. They receive SSI benefits. Apparently they think that' alone is enough to pay rent, utilities a car payment, insurance, buy food etc., it is not. I shouldn't have to struggle financially on top of grieving over his death. If I could qualify for food stamps, I think I'm $13 over the limit, or get a section 8 voucher it wouldn't be a struggle.
I struggle normally and my son’s birthday is in a week, then Christmas in a few and I can barely afford my bills let alone anything extra. I keep getting denied for CCIS because I am not working but I cannot because I don't have daycare. And I cannot afford three hundred a week for daycare when I' only make two hundred. Can someone please give me some guidance?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear this. Often churches can help out. They assist members of the community with support (emotional and material), give food, meals, financial aid, and more. There are many to try, and we have them on the site. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ance_.html
Old 12 A wrote:My children's father passed away. They receive SSI benefits. Apparently they think that' alone is enough to pay rent, utilities a car payment, insurance, buy food etc., it is not. I shouldn't have to struggle financially on top of grieving over his death. If I could qualify for food stamps, I think I'm $13 over the limit, or get a section 8 voucher it wouldn't be a struggle.
I struggle normally and my son’s birthday is in a week, then Christmas in a few and I can barely afford my bills let alone anything extra. I keep getting denied for CCIS because I am not working but I cannot because I don't have daycare. And I cannot afford three hundred a week for daycare when I' only make two hundred. Can someone please give me some guidance?
Ovechkin

Post by Ovechkin »

Hello,
I had a death in the family and helped with funeral costs in December. Also had the following expenses which have caused me to fall behind on my mortgage. Personal property taxes on vehicles, root canals, medical expenses and vehicle repairs.
I am the only one working, my wife is struggling to find a job as a medical technologist. I took a significant pay cut when I had to change jobs due to a buyout. I am trying to save my home. My wife and I have two sons. Nine and five years old.
Can you call me soon? I would greatly appreciate this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about a death. Tragic time for America with deaths, COVID, racial issues, etc. But we do have property tax and mortgage assistance programs listed nationwide and by state. Read more, and find home loan assistance programs.
Ovechkin wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:47 am Hello,
I had a death in the family and helped with funeral costs in December. Also had the following expenses which have caused me to fall behind on my mortgage. Personal property taxes on vehicles, root canals, medical expenses and vehicle repairs.
I am the only one working, my wife is struggling to find a job as a medical technologist. I took a significant pay cut when I had to change jobs due to a buyout. I am trying to save my home. My wife and I have two sons. Nine and five years old.
Can you call me soon? I would greatly appreciate this.