New employer just shut down operations

State and local government assistance programs.
Jeanie Mos
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

New employer just shut down operations

Post by Jeanie Mos »

I just moved into my first house in Savannah, TX relocating from Milwaukee, WI and then out of the blue I walk into work opening the store I manage and read an email stating that the entire company would be closing after being in business since 1975. So my employer closed down the company just as I moved. This was my only means of income and it has been very frustrating trying to find employment somewhere so that I can maintain paying bills and having a roof over my head. However, I am praying that I get a break through somewhere so that all my needs be met.
I am reaching out to you guys because I am in need of help and assistance right now to pay my bills. I have NEVER been in a situation like this before with my employer laying me off. If someone could reach back out to me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New employer just shut down operations

Post by Admin »

We are sorry to hear that, and that is horrible news. The good news is that job market in Texas is booming. Companies are desperate to hire people. Just find a new job in that same field. You obviously have shown commitment to a future employer by moving. As far as some short term support in that time frame, here is info on programs in Denton County. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
CarterJ

Post by CarterJ »

Desperate for help with rent deposit & possibly couple bills. I’ve been homeless for the better part of several years after my old employer shut down during the recession. There’s been DV as well. I am finally able to have a room for rent in a good safe home and looking for work despite anxiety disorder & injuries.
Also working on studying & possible certification in nutrition & natural health & healing. I am doing my best to not lose this opportunity to get back on track & become self-sufficient and help others. I live In San Diego, CA 92110. I really appreciate any assistance and advice. I have one bill past due $53 the rent & deposit is due no later than the 15th of June. Once again thank you!
Patriots

Post by Patriots »

Hello, I live in upstate new York, Albany NY and I am having a hard time with my electric bill. I have been disabled since 2013 and have applied for social security disability. I have been denied once now it's on appeal.
I also need help with food. I never have enough money to pay for everything. I get a little bit of assistance from social services here but they don't pay for the electric bill and it's very close to being shut off.
My dad died two years ago and I have been struggling ever since because all the money went to pay for the funeral, and my partners new company shut down so she lost her income. I am hoping that you can help me out with this and my sister passed away 3 years before him from pancreatic cancer at 49 years old so it's been tough. Please help, and let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about your loss, but there are financial aid programs in Albany NY. Social service should also be able to refer you to LIHEAP in NY too, as that is a government grant program for paying bills. Also try a food pantry in Albany County.

Patriots wrote:Hello, I live in upstate new York, Albany NY and I am having a hard time with my electric bill. I have been disabled since 2013 and have applied for social security disability. I have been denied once now it's on appeal.
I also need help with food. I never have enough money to pay for everything. I get a little bit of assistance from social services here but they don't pay for the electric bill and it's very close to being shut off.
My dad died two years ago and I have been struggling ever since because all the money went to pay for the funeral, and my partners new company shut down so she lost her income. I am hoping that you can help me out with this and my sister passed away 3 years before him from pancreatic cancer at 49 years old so it's been tough. Please help, and let me know.