Unemployment ran out and behind on mortgage

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Lucent
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployment ran out and behind on mortgage

Post by Lucent »

I lost my job 2 years ago and my unemployment has run out. This has left us to live on my husbands disability check of $989.00 a month. Our mortgage is $1200.00 a month, but the mortgage company is working with us right now, how ever they have been doing this for a year and I don't know how much longer they will. We now pay $640.00 a month for our mortgage, it helps but there still is not enough money on a monthly basis to pay all the bills. I am having a very hard time finding a job because of my age and lack of opportunities. We are receiving food stamps and I do go to the food banks, which is a big help. How ever it still does not pay the bills. We are 2 months behind in our phone bill and gas. But then we have the expense of the car and a dog. When will it all end?
Flower12

Re: Unemployment ran out and behind on mortgage

Post by Flower12 »

We are a family of 4, but currently have only 2 minor children with us. The other 2 boys are over Both me and my husband are perm disabled and we have 2 kids under 10 in our home. Our mortgage is $1100\mo, and currently we are behind (on shut off with) on electricity, water, trash (and other non essential bills). We have tried to get help locally but so far no avail. Normally I am able 2 wk part time, but lately my husband's health has been bad (diabetes. Type 1, "brittle") so I have had to stay with him at all times as his care giver, as well as being available 2 take care of our kids, plus we ran into extra expense (needed a car, med\dental emergencies) so I haven't been able to work even minimally and am technically unemployed now. Unfortunately, we live in Washington, and we Must have heat\water and winter clothing for the kids, which has contributed to being behind. Please let me know of any suggestions you have to get some assistance for our family. We had tried to get help in reducing our mtg but ended up upside down on our mortgage due to the economic mess we have been in (even with initially putting $25,000 down on mortgage\house, plus keeping current with payments since 2004!) We look forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help. We have my b-d.y 12\8, my 5 yr old's b-day 12\23, Christmas and then my 8 yr old's b-day 1\5, so any help would be tremendously appreciated
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

That is great that your bank has been working with you. I am sure they will continue to do so if you negotiate in good faith, make some payments on home loan, and keep at it. The government also has some mortgage programs for the unemployed, and those can be found here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... unemployed
Look into the federal government Home Affordable Unemployment Program as well as the HUD Emergency Homeowners Loan Program. Both offer loans that people can use to pay their mortgage, foreclosure counseling, and other support.
Lucent wrote:I lost my job 2 years ago and my unemployment has run out. This has left us to live on my husbands disability check of $989.00 a month. Our mortgage is $1200.00 a month, but the mortgage company is working with us right now, how ever they have been doing this for a year and I don't know how much longer they will. We now pay $640.00 a month for our mortgage, it helps but there still is not enough money on a monthly basis to pay all the bills. I am having a very hard time finding a job because of my age and lack of opportunities. We are receiving food stamps and I do go to the food banks, which is a big help. How ever it still does not pay the bills. We are 2 months behind in our phone bill and gas. But then we have the expense of the car and a dog. When will it all end?
Pardone

Post by Pardone »

I am writing you in desperate need for myself and my family. I am 41 years old, a single mother of 2 children. One of my daughters is 19 and four and half months pregnant. She has had many complications and is on total bed rest until delivery. I was on unemployment after losing my job of 7 years. My unemployment has now run out. I am looking every day for a work at home job that is legitimate as I must provide for my family but also must be home to care for them. My daughter isn’t able to go to school so they are having someone come to the house to continue her schooling. My grandfather has been in the hospital since having a heart attack. He’s suffered a stroke and is now on dialysis due to both of his kidneys failing. He is now in an acute long-term care facility call Kindred Hospital in Houston. I have not been able to get my medication that I need daily. I am in total shock and this pain is like nothing I’ve ever experienced or imagined. I am behind on all of my bills. I am unable to pay October's mortgage of $932. If I do not make this payment someway, somehow before December1st I will be placed in active foreclosure. I have not found employment and at this terrible time
in our lives my trust and faith in God is all that is getting me through. Any help you can provide us with this mortgage payment would be an answered prayer and so very much needed and appreciated. Thank You for your time in advance,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The state of Texas does have several statewide non-profit organizations that can provide mortgage help and/or other forms of housing assistance and foreclosure prevention. When you call the agencies or housing counselors, ask about other services such as debt and credit counseling. That may help you with the apparent medical bills and debts that you are running up too. Find the listing of Texas mortgage assistance programs and options, such as counseling from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA).
Pardone wrote:I am writing you in desperate need for myself and my family. I am 41 years old, a single mother of 2 children. One of my daughters is 19 and four and half months pregnant. She has had many complications and is on total bed rest until delivery. I was on unemployment after losing my job of 7 years. My unemployment has now run out. I am looking every day for a work at home job that is legitimate as I must provide for my family but also must be home to care for them. My daughter isn’t able to go to school so they are having someone come to the house to continue her schooling. My grandfather has been in the hospital since having a heart attack. He’s suffered a stroke and is now on dialysis due to both of his kidneys failing. He is now in an acute long-term care facility call Kindred Hospital in Houston. I have not been able to get my medication that I need daily. I am in total shock and this pain is like nothing I’ve ever experienced or imagined. I am behind on all of my bills. I am unable to pay October's mortgage of $932. If I do not make this payment someway, somehow before December1st I will be placed in active foreclosure. I have not found employment and at this terrible time
in our lives my trust and faith in God is all that is getting me through. Any help you can provide us with this mortgage payment would be an answered prayer and so very much needed and appreciated. Thank You for your time in advance,
bobJohnson

Post by bobJohnson »

My husband has left the family home and as I struggle to recover from the lose; I am faced with mounting financial problems due to unemployment not being enough per month. The mortgage hasn't been paid since July and I have been working to get some kind of modification, not sure how much longer I can hold onto the home. Husband turned off the power in his name and now the power company wants a $400 deposit from me to turn it on again. I can't seem to get out in front of the bills and keep things going. I don't know where else to turn, I feel like I am falling through the cracks with everything I do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a long time for non-profit. Maybe talk to a HUD counselor in Missouri for information on trying to get more time for the payment. Maybe they can offer advice, or work with your lender with you.
bobJohnson wrote: The mortgage hasn't been paid since July and I have been working to get some kind of modification, not sure how much longer I can hold onto the home.