Water service turned off

State and local government assistance programs.
mickmcguire72

Water service turned off

Post by mickmcguire72 »

I have 3 small children and I am pregnant. I went into preterm labor and was put out of work. I didnt have an income for a week and our water bill was due. It got turned off and we dont have the money to have it turned back on I am working again but wont get paid until 2 weks from now. I honestly dont know if we can go 2 weeks without water. Please help if you can. Jaimie
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water service turned off

Post by Admin »

What state do you live in in which you need help with water bills? Who is your water company? Without knowing that information, it can be challenging. In the meantime, try this link for help with the water bills. It has some tips, and even references some programs like the Low Income Payment Program (LIPP) as well as the H2O Help to Others Program which is offered by certain water companies.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
mickmcguire72 wrote:I have 3 small children and I am pregnant. I went into preterm labor and was put out of work. I didnt have an income for a week and our water bill was due. It got turned off and we dont have the money to have it turned back on I am working again but wont get paid until 2 weks from now. I honestly dont know if we can go 2 weeks without water. Please help if you can. Jaimie
jMacdouglas1

Water bills and water service turned off

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

Hello, My name is Carolyn and I'm in desperate need of help with paying my bills. I'm disabled and on a fixed income and i need help with food and paying my water bill. the payment is $358 for my water bill. I even tried to borrow the money form family members until I get my social security check and I was turned down and they would say "I gotta see". My water will be cut off today 07/23/2010 by the end of the work day. I don't know what I'm going to do. I even tried DHS, United I had no such luck, I live in Nevada and I do really need the help paying for water bill
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Water bills and water service turned off

Post by Admin »

Getting money for paying water bills is more challenging. Programs such as LIHEAP do not help here. I think try calling your water company, ask them for any financial aid programs. Also try various Nevada assistance programs and government agencies. If you call around enough you will eventually find an agency that will be able to help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... orecl.html
jMacdouglas1 wrote:Hello, My name is Carolyn and I'm in desperate need of help with paying my bills. I'm disabled and on a fixed income and i need help with food and paying my water bill. the payment is $358 for my water bill. I even tried to borrow the money form family members until I get my social security check and I was turned down and they would say "I gotta see". My water will be cut off today 07/23/2010 by the end of the work day. I don't know what I'm going to do. I even tried DHS, United I had no such luck, I live in Nevada and I do really need the help paying for water bill
Darsi

Post by Darsi »

My husband is disabled, we have three daughters. I no longer have a job and we can't make it on just what he draws. and we are trying to keep our heads up. But our bills are just putting us deeper and deeper in the hole.
I have DSS helping with our power bill it is up to 1000.00 they are paying 700.00 to help keep the lights on. Our water department City of Lincolnton on 2/28/2018 service was cut off, that bill is 393.90. And now our gas is off it will cost 700.00 to get it back on, please let me know if there is anything like programs that might help us with our bills. I can't seem to get help anywhere just DSS and they have done all they can with food stamps and helping with power bill. I have called Christian ministries, united way, Gaston community action, and Salvation army no one has funds to help us.
Juddah1

Post by Juddah1 »

My family needs help were trying to get money so we can move ASAP as we need water bill paid. My fiancé claimed my daughter but cause she's not blood or by marriage we can't get money that was supposed to help us pay housing off. Landlord and move us and our four kids to a better safe place. We have had neighbors that harass me, my kids and my fiancé. They call DHS for water bill help and landlords nor cops do nothing. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that Chester County DHS? If so, they offer grants to the low income for a temporary period of time. Maybe the money can pay water bills; call and ask them.
Juddah1 wrote:They call DHS for water bill help and landlords nor cops do nothing. Please help us.