Water bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
MandyMo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water bills

Post by MandyMo »

I was hoping that some agency or person could help me find a way to help with paying my water bill as I am way behind. I live in Springfield Mass., i'm a single parent (get no child support), and am on SSI disability. I have already contacted my local Catholic charities and Salvation Army and was informed that they only help with gas or electric bills and not water bills, I am a week from shutoff, and i don't know what to do. Please respond asap, because i will be discontinuing my internet services in order to save some money, thank you.
merk1

Post by merk1 »

Hello - I am 59, totally disabled from a stroke, live alone, and my household income is $940/mo from Social Security. All utility bills are always paid late - water will be cut off tomorrow. I owe for 2 months. Whatever help I would be qualified for, LIPP or H2O, I would dearly appreciate following the forms and rules. Please let me know, and thank you very much.
Longone

Post by Longone »

Good morning,
I am working with a parent here in Bridgeport Connecticut, trying to find them assistance for their water bill. This parent is on very limited income and has 2 children. The
home she lives in is her mother's who is in a nursing home while this other women lives there. It's a 3 family home and she and her 2 sisters live in each apartment. They are all responsible to pay the utilities, yet one sister and her husband is out of work awaiting surgery, the other sister was laid off and is not working. This mom is trying so hard to find work and keep her family intact. Aquarion is going to shut off their water on the 23rd if they do not pay a fee between 250.00 and 300.00. Is there any help in this area for a one time need like this? Please advise
Schick

Post by Schick »

I am a home health nurse who cares for a patient regularly and she has been hospitalized for 2 weeks. Therefore, I have had very little to no income the past couple weeks. Because of this I received a shutoff notice for my water if 206.00 isn't paid by 6/28/2012. I am it sure where to turn in Jersey City, as I have never had to deal with this before. Please help me so I can keep my water on, I have 2 sons at home.
Tyler Han

Post by Tyler Han »

I need help pay my water. I was a victim of a crime and I lost everything so I took my last little of money move me my husband and our two kids in this house in Newark NJ. We thought it was going to be a better place. Now landlord don’t want to fix nothing only want rent. I don’t have a job my husband work at labor ready to try get a job that if they have. I don’t know what to do. No more I lost I going out of my mind this is hard.
tania1

Post by tania1 »

I have just moved into my home about 2 months ago and now I have learned that my water bill is about $550. Which is a surprise to me, considering there are only two people living in the house.
I was shocked and frightened and wondered what I got my self into. I am a single mother on unemployment. They will shut off my water soon.
My concern was when I had an auditor come to my home and tell me the meter was spinning fast. No one was home. He checked and said all the bathroom latrines where running, I asked how he said it was the pipes. He shut off the water to the latrines and he checked the meter again.
It was still running fast. The problem was not visible and suggested I get the Polybutylene pipes checked, it might be underneath the slap of the house. He said it may cost a few thousands of dollar to get the pipes up to code again. I was shocked and appalled that real estate developers where still allowing these home to be resold with old conditions which should have been fixed before a family moves in.
Now I sit and wonder what I am going to do, it is not like the house was sold at a cheap price, especially for Charlotte North Carolina. For some $125K is cheap for me it is expensive. Plus I can not afford to move again. I don't even own a washer and dryer yet. I can barely make payments on any of my bills and every month I keep falling behind. Now I find that I will not have water for a while. To higher a plumber to fix the issue is expensive and out of my price range.
He was kind enough to tell me the problem that had existed before and mentioned how shell was the developer of the pipes and
I ask you all how can I get help to fix these pipes so my daughter and I do not see future problems let alone go without a shower or drinking water, or even the use of the latrine.
Desperately seeking help,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may want to look into any programs offered by your water company. Some companies offer plans or discounts. It is doubtful you can do anything to the former owner as that is what the home inspection was for, and very few if any purchase agrees would allow someone to take action. We also doubt you can do anything again home inspector. Read payment plans from water companies.
British

Post by British »

I live in the state of Ohio. I am currently renting and although the landlord was supposed to be paying the water bill, they have not, and we are threatened with disconnection. My question deals with someone with disability. My step son currently receives SSI disability and I was wondering if they can turn it off with this being the case?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There may be programs for water assistance in Cleveland. Some charities may help, try payment plans, and seek other options. Who knows....maybe you will find some assistance.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

I came across your site via the internet and I would like more information concerning qualifications for help on a water bill please.
Me and my mother live together and we are both very limited income and our water bill is very high, ($232.90), and we are not able to pay it.
Can you please help us with some information on what we may qualify for receiving some help?
We live in Danville, Illinois and the agencies here say they have no funds to help us.
Me and my mother's income together totals for the month, $1650.
It seems like enough to keep bills paid, but we have many other expenses and we just could not keep up with the water bill.
All help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you very much!!!
Lance12

Post by Lance12 »

To whom this may concern, 
Hello our our residence is 2007 Fresno CA. We recently encountered a financial hardship when someone broke into her vehicle and stole our rent money. We were able to cover our rent and energy bill with our remaining income but we do not have the funds or anyone we can ask for assistance in paying the water bill. We were given notice of the water being shut off today 12/16/2019. The amount owed is $323.40. If there's any resources that we are able to use for water bills please let us know. He is a disabled veteran and receives veteran’s disability compensation as well as social security benefits. She receives general assistance and food stamps.  Please contact us soon. Thank you,
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Hi, I'm contacting you in regards, and to help with an outstanding water bill. My children and I left my husband, and whom was financially abusive the as well as emotional and verbally. We have a home in Ainsworth Nebraska, and that we returned to, but when we lived end here before, but my husband and would not allow me to pay the water bill. It is now going to have cost me $1200, to get it turned back on. I have been, and working with a local domestic violence group, and whom have also asked them to help make a budget for to pay the past and current and bill, the which is they won't do. Currently I me and my 3, children and haul water in too can flush with the toilet and for Cleaning up purposes, we then shower at the community center or at friends and houses. It would be nice to be able to have our own where though. I am willing, I to set up a budget plan with you for the water bill to show how, but I will be able to keep the bill current, and if you choose to help me with this matter. Thanks for your time.
Ainsworth, New 69210