Not poor enough for assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Diane100
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Not poor enough for assistance

Post by Diane100 »

My husband harvests timber for a living and we have had some very rainy weather over the last 4 months which has resulted in his not getting to work hardly at all during this time. I have student loan debt that payments were due to start in November 2016 but I haven't been able to make the first payment yet.
I finally went to work last week but only for minimum wage and we are so far behind on all our bills that I don't know if we will be able to catch up. My husband and I have 3 children, and I also look after my 93 year old grandmother (who doesn't live with me). Plus, my husband and I both have been sick a few times in the last months that required doctor visits for each of us and we don't have any type of health insurance nor is it offered to us through our jobs.
Our children do have Medicaid on them though. We need some help but I'm afraid that although we ARE poor/low income, that we will be told ONCE more that we aren't poor enough to receive any assistance. Any helpful information on exactly what is available in our area will be greatly appreciated. We live in Iuka, MS, located in Tishomingo County, MS. I need any and all info that you have for financial assistance, food assistance, student debt, health and dental assistance, energy assistance, grants, elderly assistance, just anything that might possibly help our situation. Thank you for your time.
Tweedcoat

Re: Not poor enough for assistance

Post by Tweedcoat »

I'm in need of a place to live with my 14 year old granddaughter and my disabled husband. We have a house but someone destroyed it and took everything of value including the wiring and will you get the idea. Now we have nowhere to live and only have disability checks to live on, and the government says we are not poor enough for more aid.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Maybe try some of the other low income assistance programs out there.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
While they are for the poor, some are also for lower income families that may not be "poor" enough for government aid. Look into these resources for help.
KeithUrban

Post by KeithUrban »

Hello,
Things have been a little rough for my family for the past 6 months. We were homeless and poor and now we finally have a roof over our head and can’t afford the bills...Ben job searching like crazy, every day in hopes of employment somewhere. My husband is working but I also want to work. We have a 7-year-old son who we adore and want the best for. We have the ELECTRIC bill that is over $500 because of the security deposit and it’s about to be cut off...We have rent to come up with and we just can’t afford the Electric bill this month as too poor...PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Alabama does offer assistance with utility bills. They are here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _ener.html
They do often aid or payment plans for the poor.
KeithUrban wrote: We have the ELECTRIC bill that is over $500 because of the security deposit and it’s about to be cut off...We have rent to come up with and we just can’t afford the Electric bill this month as too poor...PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.