Illness now behind on bills

Help with paying medical bills
Bre12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Illness now behind on bills

Post by Bre12 »

Help, I am a 62 year old, disabled with paralysis from a Total Hip Replacement gone bad, single mom with a 9 year old daughter, cardiovascular disease and severe rheumatoid arthrities No help, like reletives, etc. Welfare has cut us from cash aid and food stamps because I will be recieving about $680 a month from work comp perm. disability for the next year plus my SS payment of $225. They say that I have too large an income and that I no longer qualify. I have lived in the same tiny place for over 20 years and the landlord stopped raising the rent when it hit $1000, because he knew I was on welfare. But now my income is only $900+, I can cash in bottles etc. for the rent, but I do not have enough to pay the utility bills etc. or food or things my little girl needs, or soap and toilet paper etc. I told her we could live with candle light and no refrigerator when they turn off the electric. And that we can cook outside and bundle up with blankets during the winter when they turn off the gas. But if it could be avoided, I mean, if you or someone could help us. . . my prayers would be answered. I have been searching and searching for any help, releif or assistance, of ANY kind, Rent, gas, electric, phone, moving, housing, etc. Always turned down for different reasons. Even if I TRY to get somekind of parttime work to supplement....then I will lose my medical that I so desperately need. I dont know what is worse, to be homeless and keep medical care, or to DIE without medical care, trying to keep a roof over our heads. Can you direct me to ANYONE OR ANYTHING that will actually help us? I have been on the phone for days and filled out more forms than most people will see in their life. To no avail. Please Answer Thanks Kathy Cavender in Glendale, Los Angeles, CA
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Illness now behind on bills

Post by Admin »

Is it the medical and health care bills and expenses you need help with, or is it all the other bills and expenses that you are struggling with? I think it may be all bills and housing expenses. If that is the care, I suggest going to the main site to review all the programs and options available. Find help for those utility bills you mention, and even programs for medications and hospital debts and bills. There are even some job sites mentioned on the portal/site.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com
Bre12 wrote:Help, I am a 62 year old, disabled with paralysis from a Total Hip Replacement gone bad, single mom with a 9 year old daughter, cardiovascular disease and severe rheumatoid arthrities No help, like reletives, etc. Welfare has cut us from cash aid and food stamps because I will be recieving about $680 a month from work comp perm. disability for the next year plus my SS payment of $225. They say that I have too large an income and that I no longer qualify. I have lived in the same tiny place for over 20 years and the landlord stopped raising the rent when it hit $1000, because he knew I was on welfare. But now my income is only $900+, I can cash in bottles etc. for the rent, but I do not have enough to pay the utility bills etc. or food or things my little girl needs, or soap and toilet paper etc. I told her we could live with candle light and no refrigerator when they turn off the electric. And that we can cook outside and bundle up with blankets during the winter when they turn off the gas. But if it could be avoided, I mean, if you or someone could help us. . . my prayers would be answered. I have been searching and searching for any help, releif or assistance, of ANY kind, Rent, gas, electric, phone, moving, housing, etc. Always turned down for different reasons. Even if I TRY to get somekind of parttime work to supplement....then I will lose my medical that I so desperately need. I dont know what is worse, to be homeless and keep medical care, or to DIE without medical care, trying to keep a roof over our heads. Can you direct me to ANYONE OR ANYTHING that will actually help us? I have been on the phone for days and filled out more forms than most people will see in their life. To no avail. Please Answer Thanks Kathy Cavender in Glendale, Los Angeles, CA
Thornton

Post by Thornton »

My daughter has medical issues, for instance she was just released from her Cardiologist in Charlotte NC yesterday for a repaired hole in her heart that caused 3 strokes, leaving her with short term memory problems. In addition to this her thyroid is causing her to sleep way to much as she tries to work online to make money to cover bills, lately helping her boys when they get home with homework and fixing a meal and baths her energy is gone. She is under a doctor's care for that as well but they have not got her thyroid under control yet. She has another appointment for that Monday. She is raising 2 boys ages 6 and 10. She is behind on her rent because of all the medical issues that are slowly getting resolved. She has Medicaid and Food Stamps but doesn't know anyone else to approach for rent or utility help. Up until last year, she worked full time jobs and took care of her kids. She still takes care of her kids but needs help badly till they can get her on top of this thyroid issue. She is facing eviction and her power may be cut off as well. She has tried at the Greater Cleveland County Baptist Association in Shelby, NC and been told they
are out of funds. Cleveland County Social Services are not doing any form of crisis intervention. I have written to two large Cleveland County Churches but have heard nothing back. Is there help out there? Right now she lives across the road from me and I try to help her all I can, but financially my husband and I are both disabled with low income so that is limited. Thank God right now I live close enough to be available to the children if need be. She owes $800 (two months rent) and back tilities. Our local church here in Lawndale, NC is having budget problems as so many churches are. Please tell me there is somewhere she can turn for help and not have to move. My heart goes out to her and those 2 precious little boys (my grandchildren). Anywhere you can send her or direct her to get the help she needs is greatly appreciated. God bless you for your attention in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For rent help and utility assistance in Cleveland County North Carolina try these phone numbers and agencies. Also keep calling churches like you were doing. I think eventually you will find someone who can provide you help for those bills and expenses. I think the number one place to call is Gaston Community Action, Inc., which also serves Cleveland County. They offer rent assistance for up to 18 months, weatherization, and information on free community clinics and other ways to meet health care needs. Their phone number is (704) 861-2283. This resource/link has many other programs and phone numbers for the area. But also keep calling churches.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cle ... ce_pr.html
Thornton wrote:My daughter has medical issues, for instance she was just released from her Cardiologist in Charlotte NC yesterday for a repaired hole in her heart that caused 3 strokes, leaving her with short term memory problems. In addition to this her thyroid is causing her to sleep way to much as she tries to work online to make money to cover bills, lately helping her boys when they get home with homework and fixing a meal and baths her energy is gone. She is under a doctor's care for that as well but they have not got her thyroid under control yet. She has another appointment for that Monday. She is raising 2 boys ages 6 and 10. She is behind on her rent because of all the medical issues that are slowly getting resolved. She has Medicaid and Food Stamps but doesn't know anyone else to approach for rent or utility help. Up until last year, she worked full time jobs and took care of her kids. She still takes care of her kids but needs help badly till they can get her on top of this thyroid issue. She is facing eviction and her power may be cut off as well. She has tried at the Greater Cleveland County Baptist Association in Shelby, NC and been told they
are out of funds. Cleveland County Social Services are not doing any form of crisis intervention. I have written to two large Cleveland County Churches but have heard nothing back. Is there help out there? Right now she lives across the road from me and I try to help her all I can, but financially my husband and I are both disabled with low income so that is limited. Thank God right now I live close enough to be available to the children if need be. She owes $800 (two months rent) and back tilities. Our local church here in Lawndale, NC is having budget problems as so many churches are. Please tell me there is somewhere she can turn for help and not have to move. My heart goes out to her and those 2 precious little boys (my grandchildren). Anywhere you can send her or direct her to get the help she needs is greatly appreciated. God bless you for your attention in this matter.
Tiffany1

Post by Tiffany1 »

I have been dealing with severe medical problems for the past 4 years. Also, during that time frame, I have also been laid-off twice and lost my job due to my illness. I am finally getting my mortgage caught up, but I am desperately in need of financial help in paying a mountain of medical bills. I had hoped to be able to do a refinance, but until I complete the home I am constructing, I cannot. It is getting very difficult, as I have several collection agencies looking to get the bills paid up.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You indicated food you need to, as one of your bills? If so, try a food pantry. They may have groceries, canned goods, fruits, perishables, and much more. All in all food is combined with other social services from pantries.
The Fire

Post by The Fire »

Hello, I am a single mother and self-employed. I have recently gone through a series of crises that have put me in a difficult financial situation. Over the past 2 months I have had several illnesses and medical emergencies that caused me to not be able to work much at all for 6 weeks.
I am one month behind on rent (I owe for July and August is coming up), I am behind on my telephone, SDGE bill, etc. and barely being able to get food. I'm just in a very strained financial situation and all this has also affected my business which is not in flow right now and this is how I have been making my money. So I am starting to get back on work again but the work is not flowing and my income is also very down in addition to the costs I have had and loss of time. I am working on getting more work and I am also applying for some additional jobs. I just really need help right mow immediately to keep me and my son going while I get back on my feet with everything. I am grateful for any assistance you can give. Thank you so much!
Pertyio

Post by Pertyio »

I was referred to you by a representative of Myler disability illness. I've become completely disabled and still waiting for a final decision in my case. I'm getting county help such as some cash and food help. I have state funded health insurance. I desperately need help paying bills. My cable has already been disconnected. I need more cash help for daily living until hopefully approved for disability by the state due to my illness. The bills I have right now are as follows.
Electric - $217.57 County should be paying a portion of this.
Medical - $567 to local hospital.
Medications - $50 co-pay
Steve's Sanitation - $56.24 would then be payed up for 3 months.
Law Firm- $75.00 would pay on some of what I owe for debt pay off.
Plumber - $100.00 a onetime bill.
Arvig -$610.39 to catch up and reconnect my cable. After that like $125 a month.