Legal question on child care application

State and local government assistance programs.
Marshall
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Legal question on child care application

Post by Marshall »

Could you please forward to me contact information on who I would need to ask about the integrity of decision making for the Child Care Assistance program located in Mobile, Alabama? My daughter has applied, meets the requirements for assistance yet for the past 4 years she receives written correspondence telling her she is on a list and when she phones to the facility to make an appointment to see someone in person she is treated rudely on the phone and told it will do her no good to make a personal appearance. A colleague of mine has a relative that applied two years ago and was approved just as my daughter; however, my colleague's relative is receiving benefits.
I am inquiring to you so I can pass along to my daughter who she can communicate with and hopefully receive fair treatment.
Could you please help me in locating the correct department/facility for her to correspond with?
I thank you in advance for your help and assistance, it is appreciated.
Speculative

Re: Legal question on child care application

Post by Speculative »

Hello,
I am interested in getting legal information on getting help paying my rent and my electric bill as well as child care.
I am currently out of work and cannot afford to pay these bills this upcoming month. I have been trying to find work for some time now and have not had any luck as of today.
Please advise me if you can or know of anyone who can maybe help me, with child care mostly so I can work. I live in Sandy Spring closer to Roswell.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, on our website we have information on both free legal aid as well as free child care. Probably try one of those options for your state. Either one may be able to answer your legal questions. Here are more details.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... istan.html
or try
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... dvice.html
Speculative wrote:Hello,
I am interested in getting legal information on getting help paying my rent and my electric bill as well as child care.
Please advise me if you can or know of anyone who can maybe help me, with child care mostly so I can work. I live in Sandy Spring closer to Roswell.
Cykas

Post by Cykas »

I am 3 months behind on rent which is 1000 each month and need day care. We are going to be homeless if we can’t pay our landlord. I lost my job four years and haven’t been able to get another one because of our child care situation. Now I am just got pregnant again as wanted more kids.
My husband was laid off in July. I’ve filed for public assistance I don’t know what else to do. We tried to get a loan and were denied as well. If you know where or anything that can help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why are you having another kid when can't afford others you have? And husband lost job. And you have not worked in 4 years. It may be hard to get help from a charity as you have made poor decisions and charities will not "enable" people. Anyhow, maybe try TANF cash aid...maybe can get a few hundred per month from government but it is short term aid. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... y_*.html
We also wrote a blog post on how this financial irresponsibility more than likely sets the kid up for live of continued poverty.

Cykas wrote:I am 3 months behind on rent which is 1000 each month and need day care. We are going to be homeless if we can’t pay our landlord. I lost my job four years and haven’t been able to get another one because of our child care situation. Now I am just got pregnant again as wanted more kids.
My husband was laid off in July. I’ve filed for public assistance I don’t know what else to do. We tried to get a loan and were denied as well. If you know where or anything that can help.
[/quote]