Agencies for property taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
trenaehill
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Agencies for property taxes

Post by trenaehill »

I am unemployed and I have no-way of paying my property taxes. Are there any agencies which offer help oe assistance with paying such taxes in Georgia? Where can I get help or who can I call State: Villa Rica,Georgia.
brightred

Re: Agencies for property taxes

Post by brightred »

I live in Missouri and cannot pay my current Real Estate Tax, it is over $2200.00! I was in the hospital for over two months and the person
I allowed to have POA privileges used the Circuit Breaker money I had from paying the previous year's Real Estate Tax to pay for bills
that could have waited until I was discharged! Unbeknownst to me I had no clue he was an extremely horrible money manager, as I
never got into his personal business. He used $1100 to pay these bills and when I got back home I had NO money at all. He is fully
aware of his mistake but he has no money to pay me back. I need some advice on what I can do to get an exemption or a hardship
status so I can keep my home. I make $900.00 monthly with my Govt pension and it is nowhere near enough to do anything with.
I am very angry at him and he is on SS disability of around $1600.00 monthly and I have no idea what he does with his check after
he gets it. I would like to try all possible avenues for help before resorting to confronting him with this if possible.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can to get some kind of help this would be much greatly appreciated. I can use all the help I
can get.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Usually you can contact the local government office and enter into an installment plan. Maybe some of that $900 / month you can put towards the installment plan. Also, try to lower your assessment, or take to a property tax consultant. Here is info on various resources and programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... erty_.html
brightred wrote:I live in Missouri and cannot pay my current Real Estate Tax, it is over $2200.00! I was in the hospital for over two months and the person
I allowed to have POA privileges used the Circuit Breaker money I had from paying the previous year's Real Estate Tax to pay for bills
that could have waited until I was discharged! Unbeknownst to me I had no clue he was an extremely horrible money manager, as I
never got into his personal business. He used $1100 to pay these bills and when I got back home I had NO money at all. He is fully
aware of his mistake but he has no money to pay me back. I need some advice on what I can do to get an exemption or a hardship
status so I can keep my home. I make $900.00 monthly with my Govt pension and it is nowhere near enough to do anything with.
I am very angry at him and he is on SS disability of around $1600.00 monthly and I have no idea what he does with his check after
he gets it. I would like to try all possible avenues for help before resorting to confronting him with this if possible.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can to get some kind of help this would be much greatly appreciated. I can use all the help I
can get.
karenjim

Post by karenjim »

I am not certain of the different cities but check with your local city hall. My city hall offers hardship programs twice per year. You need to reapply every year, but if you qualify they'll either lower your taxes or give you an exemption from paying them that year. It's worth a try... not like they'll go any higher. And you may just be pleasantly surprised... Check with your city hall soon... Good luck
Loiut1

Post by Loiut1 »

thank you for responding. I was trying to get assistance with high property taxes as the veterans widow exemption has been denied & my income of SSI $704. a month with rent & utlilities doesn't allow for another $100. a month to pay out. Plus I have student loans in excess of $40,000. that I can never pay 100% disabled with multiple sclerosis since 1991. Now either I'm out of fuel or have furnace issues & Tri-county CAP doesn't have enough funds to allow a second delivery of 150 gals as its over $400. I have $11. left in my checking account. Its cold. Of course it happened on late Fri pm with holiday Mon. And nobody to respond to my calls till Weds. at the soonest. PLEASE! Can you aide me in any of the above issues?

yours truly,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We at needhelppayingbills always recommend to challenge your assessment and property taxes in order to save money. The process if free and is described in more detail here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... taxes.html People can save 10-30% on tax bills, especially with weak housing market. Get organized, call the assessor and go for it.
Loiut1 wrote:thank you for responding. I was trying to get assistance with high property taxes as the veterans widow exemption has been denied & my income of SSI $704. a month with rent & utlilities doesn't allow for another $100. a month to pay out. Plus I have student loans in excess of $40,000. that I can never pay 100% disabled with multiple sclerosis since 1991. Now either I'm out of fuel or have furnace issues & Tri-county CAP doesn't have enough funds to allow a second delivery of 150 gals as its over $400. I have $11. left in my checking account. Its cold. Of course it happened on late Fri pm with holiday Mon. And nobody to respond to my calls till Weds. at the soonest. PLEASE! Can you aide me in any of the above issues?

yours truly,
Goniners

Post by Goniners »

Could you possibly guide me in the direction of where I could find info, or whom I could contact to get information on assistance for personal property tax payment. This is for my parents who haven't reached age 65 just yet but will in another year but are facing a crisis in their ability to stay in their home and cannot afford the taxes. They live in Hampton, VA. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have extensive information on property tax assistance programs, tips, and tricks. Yes, people can lose their home to foreclosure if they can't afford to pay their property taxes, so it is very important that people keep up with them. Just as important as paying your parents mortgage. Find our listing of assistance with property taxes, including consultants, challenge taxes, and other ways to find help. Always call your assessor too to challenge the assessment and to get a lower property tax bill.
Goniners wrote:Could you possibly guide me in the direction of where I could find info, or whom I could contact to get information on assistance for personal property tax payment. This is for my parents who haven't reached age 65 just yet but will in another year but are facing a crisis in their ability to stay in their home and cannot afford the taxes. They live in Hampton, VA. Thank you!
Levinson

Post by Levinson »

I am inquiring about assistance for my aunt who has been denied disability from the social security administration and is currently unable to work. She is currently behind on her property taxes and utilities. She also has a gas leak that has caused her not to have gas in her home for a few years now. I have done all that I can to assist but with a limited income myself there is only so much I can do. Is there an agency that can offer her some assistance so that she does not lose her home?
Apple

Post by Apple »

I need help with real estate tax payment, I am in Ohio and in Cuyahoga County. I have already contacted our tax office but they want me to pay $1300. Money which I don't have. I owe at total of over $3000. I am on disability. Please help!
Yankee_fan

Post by Yankee_fan »

I am looking for help paying my property taxes in MT from your agency. My husband is disabled and I have filed for disability. I have degenerative disk disease.
He is the only one with an income of 724.00 a month and 500.00 goes to a bankruptcy and most of the rest to heat and electric that leaves us with about 60.00 a month. This Christmas eve we had two 35 foot trees come down and crushed our car and put a hole in our roof and we have no way to fix it.
CMartin

Post by CMartin »

I own my home but my property taxes are behind. I have no income and need help from your agency. I'm under a doctor’s care for brain tumors & I also have scar tissue on my larynx from being on life support from a childhood car wreck. I went to social services but they require me to sign a paper for a lien on my home that I purchased with my childhood annuity settlement. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I have several animals that I have to be here to care for on a daily basis. I have researched resources. My grandmother pays my electric but is on a fixed income & is hardly able to cover her own expenses. Are there any real programs available until I can get well & help myself?
Kimsmom

Post by Kimsmom »

I need help with my property taxes and want an agency to help me. They just sent me a notice of tax sale if I don't pay the past due amount. I am in dire need of assistance or I will lose my house. Social security has deemed me mentality and physically disabled for life but have denied me for disability. Can you please contact me very soon as I am needing this help. I don't want to lose my house and become homeless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some exemptions you can look into by state too. They are listed here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tions.html
Generally they will decrease the amount of money you owe. But not all states have them, but you can try to get relied that way.
Kimsmom wrote:I need help with my property taxes and want an agency to help me.