Unemployment assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployment assistance

Post by Admin »

As far as finding a home or apartment, we can't help there, We can provide information on agencies to call for rent or housing help in Atlantic City New Jersey. Also look into Section 8 housing in your area.
For rent help in Atlantic City try these different places and programs listed. For example, Atlantic Human Resources, Inc. offer short term funds and advice, and long term counseling. They may have some rental programs. Call 609-348-4131Another places to call is Atlantic County Salvation Army. 856-696-5252 Both typically focus aid on the disabled and low income first and foremost.

Heatherm wrote:I have become disabled and need to find a place to live as soon as I can my rent is850.00 and my disablity check is 831.00 I live in Ventnor City and would like to find something in Atlantic City if at all possible. I have filled out forms on line, but keep getting diened When I called for a reason I was told to go to another site and apply for CVE however I can find no such site,when I called back to ask for help Ms Banks told me she had never been to the site so there was no more she could do for me, Can someone PLEASE help me.
RodgerE

Post by RodgerE »

My wife and I have been out of work for almost 6 months for me,3 for him. Neither of us were receiving any money from unemployment or any other resources. My husband started doing "WHAT HE HAD TO DO" is how he put it. I did not ask because I was afraid of his answer. I would just talk & pray to God for him. To make a long story short I have several major bills due within the next 3 days & I have 50 dollars to my name(gas for job hunting and interviews). The worst part tho is my husband was incarcerated last night. I do not know where else to turn. This is a first for me but I'm sure I will learn to humble myself and learn to ask for help as God tells me too. I have no choice. He knows best. My husband has a bond but it is 1000.00. There is no way I can come up with that and pay bills. I am terrified I will become homeless which make my black hole of depression grow. I am a bi-polar, ADD patient (and owe there also) and I have to struggle everyday I live when times are good so days like yesterday & today make it almost unbearable. I just don't even want to come out of my house or see or talk to anyone EVER. But I must I have no one else. I need help, PLEASE! Thank you, Gainesville, GA 30507
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we do not have any programs for Gainesville or Hall County Georgia, we do have information on other ways to get help with bills, debts, mortgages, etc. in Georgia. Find those resources here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/geo ... grams.html
Also what County is hall next to? Maybe try contacting a nearby county, which would be listed, and ask about agencies and assistance programs in your neck of the woods. Also maybe talk to an attorney too, as pro-bono legal aid is out there.
RodgerE wrote:My wife and I have been out of work for almost 6 months for me,3 for him. Neither of us were receiving any money from unemployment or any other resources. My husband started doing "WHAT HE HAD TO DO" is how he put it. I did not ask because I was afraid of his answer. I would just talk & pray to God for him. To make a long story short I have several major bills due within the next 3 days & I have 50 dollars to my name(gas for job hunting and interviews). The worst part tho is my husband was incarcerated last night. I do not know where else to turn. This is a first for me but I'm sure I will learn to humble myself and learn to ask for help as God tells me too. I have no choice. He knows best. My husband has a bond but it is 1000.00. There is no way I can come up with that and pay bills. I am terrified I will become homeless which make my black hole of depression grow. I am a bi-polar, ADD patient (and owe there also) and I have to struggle everyday I live when times are good so days like yesterday & today make it almost unbearable. I just don't even want to come out of my house or see or talk to anyone EVER. But I must I have no one else. I need help, PLEASE! Thank you, Gainesville, GA 30507
Bosch

Post by Bosch »

I lost my job on October 10th leaving us with only my wifes income, which is not enough to cover the bills, including caring for my 4 children, I have applied at over 30 jobs, applied for unemployment compensation, which is pending, and my wife has applied for food stamps which is pending, I am embarrassed to ask for help since I have never done so before, but my wife and I are very worried, because if I don't get a job soon, we will not be able to pay rent, buy groceries, or pay our utilities. Any advice or assistance you can give me, would be appreciated so much. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are definitely transitional housing programs, shelter, and other aid organizations in Atlantic City New Jersey. Find a fairly good listing of them here. Usually people who are low income do get a higher priority over others, so you do have that going for you. Find the listing of phone numbers to call here. Keep filling out the forms that are requested.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/atl ... e_pro.html
Heatherm wrote:I have become disabled and need to find a place to live as soon as I can my rent is850.00 and my disablity check is 831.00 I live in Ventnor City and would like to find something in Atlantic City if at all possible. I have filled out forms on line, but keep getting diened When I called for a reason I was told to go to another site and apply for CVE however I can find no such site,when I called back to ask for help Ms Banks told me she had never been to the site so there was no more she could do for me, Can someone PLEASE help me.
Amy Smith

Post by Amy Smith »

I am on disability and unemployed and need help with utilities, rent or home, food. I have so many medical bills and one treatment I get a month is IgG Iv which is $6,000.00 - $10,000.00 a month. Even though I pay 20% it is still more than my disability check. That does not include medications, hospital bills, co-pays, or living expenses. If I could and tried to work part time I then would lose all extra help and thousands in medical expenses. I am trapped in a cycle I can't find a way to get out of. My unemployment is about to run out to, and then I will have no chance with just the disability.
Duane_Ford

Post by Duane_Ford »

I need help with paying my rent and utilities. I have lost my job and recently my unemployment benefits are pending. I am so stressed out and scared because I am supposed to be getting my 3 year old son back home on September 28th 2012 and I need to maintain my place of residence for this to happen and I am frantic and don't know where to turn. I don't wanna lose my place in New Orleans because it's a nice place to raise my son. He won't be able to come back to me if I don't figure out a way to get some help. Please if you can find it in your heart to help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be attending college in the fall and I will be willing to even pay back whoever helps me.
jerebty

Post by jerebty »

Well as of two weeks ago my roommate up and left after running up my bills and my boyfriend moved out. I live in Oregon. He is leaving me all the bills and I just don't make enough money to pay them alone. I was behind on my bills before which is why I opted to get a roommate in the first place. Now I am unemployed and my rent is late this month and it's almost over my next rent payment is due the first. My electric bill is around 321 dollars and my has and utility bills are around 200 a piece plus my other bills like the cable. I am canceling my car payment every other week that's 200. My insurance which is $176 and my school loan are due. I'm about to start nursing school soon I’m so stressed out and scared.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Also, be on the lookout for that unemployment running out or ending early by the government. You may want to look into suing your roommate in small claims, as if they were on the lease they can't just leave. Look into some of those other public aid programs in Oregon which may complement your unemployment cash. Those resources can be found at local social service offices. More Oregon public assistance.
RandPaul

Post by RandPaul »

I currently work in a retail store; however, I'm only getting minimum wage. Plus I'm only getting about 12 to 16 hours a week. I'm getting Unemployment . As I was reading up on UI benefits some state have a program called Self employment assistance program, I would like to relocate and participate in the program but I don't heave the finances to do so. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Macie

Post by Macie »

I have been unemployed for 3 months and all of my bill are pilling up. I had my cable shut off today. I had to pay it with Christmas money so I can find a job online. I don’t want to get foreclosed on. I am buying my food from the dollar store so I also could use food stamps. My utilities are going to be shut off 6/18 if I do not pay. I am vary physically and emotionally because of no work I also live alone I am divorced with no help in my household. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have never heard of that program. However, if you want new skills or to get out oft hat retail store, there are job training programs in Missouri, including one stop job centers and other resources. Maybe they heard of that self-employment assistance program you are referring too. Anyhow, find more information on job training resources in Missouri.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Hello, after 12 years and 4 months employed with the my employer, I was terminated. I have been actively looking for work, and by actively I mean everyday, from start of dawn until 1 or 2A.M.. I have only had one test day at a job, and a few responses that I didn't fit the criteria of what they were wanting. Now my funds are completely gone, and I fear that I will not be able to pay my Gas Bill (DTE Energy), my Electric Bill (Consumers Energy), and my Rent.
I am seriously trying to find work, and I don't want to lose everything in the process of doing so, as I have worked very hard to get settled in and have control of my life. I also don't want to lose my cat either, petty I know, but she is my companion, and all I have in this small home. I have already made use of the food banks in town for food, and I could use any other information that would help in that avenue as well. I have never had to do this before, as I could always find a job right away, the economy isn't so anymore.
So I guess I am asking for any information, aid, or anything that I can do to not lose everything I have. I have already sold everything that had any real value to make it through the month of March, and I still am going to be short. I thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I am currently fighting my unemployment, as I was denied once, so as of this moment....I have 0 income and 0 dollars anywhere, and I am running low on gas, but still make it to places and online to apply for jobs every single day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It seems like you live in Kalamazoo in Michigan. If you really need help with all that, such as a job and DTE utility bill, try a community action agency. They may have information for your long list of needs. Also, if you were denied unemployment, why were you terminated? As it is your legal right to get funds from the state of Michigan. Anyway, find the community action offices at this site. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... n_age.html
lp141

Post by lp141 »

Hello,
First I hope this is not a scam. I am in desperate need for temporary help as on unemployment only. I am 53 and have never asked for help in my life. I am a nurse and work full time. I am looking for a part time job to help myself. I am behind on February’s rent. I have a power bill that will be due in early March for $343.00. I about to lose everything.
I do not use credit cards and am not a shopper. I am simply having hard times. I am paying the IRS which is putting me behind but I have to pay them. I do not want to be homeless, on welfare and food stamps. I just need some emergency help and would be willing to pay it back as soon as I have another job. If you can give me any information or help, please let me know. I am desperate. If this is a pay day loan company, please disregard this.