Clothing vouchers for fall and winter clothes

State and local government assistance programs.
JackieB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Clothing vouchers for fall and winter clothes

Post by JackieB »

live in Allentown, PA. I have been helped by the salvation army in Allentown, PA, at a local church office here. My fiance, and myself are dealing with significant financial issues. My fiancé has chronic stomach condition, and it's giving him a "wasting away", problem, where he cannot maintain a healthy weight. HE only weight 155 pounds but is six feet 2 inches tall. I have had the opposite problem this year where I have gained a substantial amount of weight because of depression, anxiety, and PTSD. The reason I'm writing is because we DESPERATELY NEED CLOTHING VOUCHERS FOR THE SALVATION ARMY IN Allentown, PA. WE HAVE NO SPRING/SUMMER/FALL or WINTER CLOTHING AT ALL. WHEN IT WAS WARM THE LAST FEW DAYS WE HAD NOTHING TO WEAR, LITERALLY. I'M BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS SITUATION. IN THE PAST, I BELIEVE ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO (?), WE WERE GIVING A $75.00 VOUCHER EACH. THAT WOULD HELP EACH OF US GET ENOUGH CLOTHING FOR THE SPRING, AND SUMMER. WE JUST HAD LIHEAP CRISIS HELP US BECAUSE WE GOT A SHUT OFF NOTICE ON OUR ELECTRIC BILL. WE ARE IN DEBT FOR TWO REASONS: (1) we are both on social security disability, and (2) my fiance has to pay $95.00 cash, each week, to the local clinic for medicine, counseling, and doctor services. This is not covered by his Medicare, and we're trying, desperately, to get him on medical assistance, which would get us out of debt, and help us with living more normally. To some people $95 week is not a lot of money. For us, after paying rent, water, sewer, trash, electric, and my France's medical bills, we are out of money, and it is killing us financially. Please don't get the wrong opinion of us either....My fiancé, is attending his 8th week of college online, with the goal of receiving his bachelor's degree in 2017. After our money situation changes, and I can afford to get my g.e.d., I will also be attending college. We are trying, with everything we have, to get ourselves out of this situation. We're not just sitting here with no future plans to change our situation. I think that that tells you something about us. So, I ask that you call me with the correct person to get a hold of to see if there is an ability to get us clothing vouchers for clothing. We haven't had the money to buy clothes in a very, very long time. The things we own are falling apart, and like I said, we only have winter clothing, and need help ASAP. We are also dealing with the problem of needing to get our car inspected. I will be in touch with the opportunity council regarding that. If he could just get medical assistance as his secondary medical insurance, we would have $95.00 extra per week!!! I am on SSD, and I have both Medicare, and Medicaid. I go to the same medical clinic as my fiance, and medical assistance pays for my care there. There is no reason that he shouldn't be covered as well. Hopefully, the opportunity council can help us with that, and if your organization can help with our car as well, please let me know. Thank you for your time, and consideration in this immediate, crisis situation. I imagine that if we could get on section 8 housing, or government housing, that would solve everything....
I've made a prioritized to do list, and an action plan, to hopefully, help us towards some financial security. I do need a lot of help though. Again, thank you for reading this, and if you know of who can help with
this. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clothing vouchers for fall and winter clothes

Post by Admin »

Normally places like the Salvation Army or churches can provide clothing, especially during the cold winter in Pennsylvania. No those places really depend on people to drop off items with them. So their resources come and go and you will find different types of clothes, school items, or winter attire there. But give them a call and try them, or a thrift store. We do have the Allentown area covered too. Here is our listing of Non-profit clothing closets.
Cameroon

Post by Cameroon »

I need assistance in finding a home, buying clothes and more for me and my two children. We were served with a 30 day notice and will have nowhere to go. I lost my job and my husband was killed 3 months ago.
I have no money to move let alone to buy anything for Christmas for my children. They are a ten year old girl who loves animals and my 5 year old son that loves art and sonic the hedgehog. They need winter clothes more than anything. She wears a 13 woman shoe and a XL in clothes and my son wears a 13 toddler size shoe and size 6. Anything will help about this time, including now clothes during November fall period. Thank you and God bless.
vickie jo

Post by vickie jo »

Hi. I was hoping to get a voucher for some winter clothing items such as a snow suit or coat, boots, leggings, and a good pair of gloves especially. And a few bus tokens.
I was working for a temp service for about 8 or 9 months until they did away with their janitorial department. And I couldn’t no longer afford my room at the colonial so I have been staying in someone’s backyard in a tent until an apartment comes available through Ogden housing.
It was ok until it has gotten really cold and snow. I have very few winter clothing now do that’s why I was hoping to get a voucher. Along with bus tokens to get to food banks and work. I have done a few tem jobs since then for a week or 2 just needing a reliable way there. Thank you for your time and consideration.
My phone is shut off so the best way to reach me is email or text. Happy holidays.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about job loss. There are many charities that give free clothes in the Houston area. if you need the bus tokens for work, then they may have those too.

[/url]
vickie jo wrote:Hi. I was hoping to get a voucher for some winter clothing items such as a snow suit or coat, boots, leggings, and a good pair of gloves especially. And a few bus tokens.
I was working for a temp service for about 8 or 9 months until they did away with their janitorial department.
Slaybells

Post by Slaybells »

Hello, my husband and children and I just moved to Lonaconing, MD in Allegany County recently. I was hoping you may be able to get any contact information for charity or businesses that would help us get a clothing voucher for interviews and work as well as winter clothes. We signed up for some local assistance, but have no decent clothes since ours were damaged during the move and our State has no assistance for them so we are reaching out to any others. If you know of any resources via email or US Mail, please let me know. We do not have a phone yet, and don't know anyone in the area. The children have enough clothes for this year or the cold weather, it's just hard finding clothing for us adults. Also, I'm a plus sized woman and none of the local shops or charities have sizes big enough that I can afford. I have worked my whole life and don't plan on being out of work for long, just need a bit of help right now. Feel free to contact me with any questions or advice, below is my address as well. Thank you so much for your time.