Moving to a Florida. need help with state assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
SashaRGray
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Moving to a Florida. need help with state assistance

Post by SashaRGray »

I am moving to florida and I need help finding out how to apply for state assistance as far as Health care for my daughter and I. i would likfe to know if i coulds tranfer my state health care insurance?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moving to a Florida. need help with state assistance

Post by Admin »

Have a safe move to Florida. To find the benefits and programs that are available, look into The ACCESS Florida Program. This program is responsible for public assistance eligibility determination, ongoing Florida government programs, as well and ongoing case management of Food Stamps, Temporary Cash Assistance, Health Programs, and Medicaid. To get more information, dial the ACCESS Call Center at 1-866-762-2237

Also try this link for a listing of programs both for Florida, and national programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Francheska

Post by Francheska »

Hello, I am trying to find out if there is truly someone or someplace in Duval or Clay county that actually can help with personal disaster or with moving? I know they need for my home to be burnt down or destroyed but this is the problem.
I am a very dedicated 36 year old mother of four that has had the worst two years that we literally had to sleep on someone's porch with no power. Now if that is not an emergency I don't know what is. I was married for 20 years until I listened to everyone on how I didn't deserve to be beat and cheated on so I said ok enough is enough. And I have tried now for two years and have been forgotten.
I call out for help after I moved here to get told there is no help :( please I am not begging for anything accept the chance to let Florida know we have to get it together at least one community at a time. When the local churches are telling me there is nothing they can do that's pretty said. I would love to email you what I went through with the newest outreach supposedly in Clay County Florida, Mercy Services.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are places in Clay County Florida, and they are listed here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Being 36 is so young, so you still have the opportunity to get a job, meet someone else, and live life to the fullest. But try the agencies in Florida for help moving as well as applications to state aid.
Francheska wrote:Hello, I am trying to find out if there is truly someone or someplace in Duval or Clay county that actually can help with personal disaster or with moving? I know they need for my home to be burnt down or destroyed but this is the problem.
I am a very dedicated 36 year old mother of four that has had the worst two years that we literally had to sleep on someone's porch with no power. Now if that is not an emergency I don't know what is. I was married for 20 years until I listened to everyone on how I didn't deserve to be beat and cheated on so I said ok enough is enough.
Luke Bryan

Post by Luke Bryan »

I currently am a resident in MD on food stamps, daycare vouchers, and medical assistance. I am moving to Florida in the fall and want to know if I would qualify for the same benefits and if they can be transferred or if I would need to do a new application.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is welfare and public assistance in Florida in Florida. But if you are moving there in the fall, you generally need to have applied in advance of the move...that is not enough notice. Sorry.
Luke Bryan wrote: I am moving to Florida in the fall and want to know if I would qualify for the same benefits and if they can be transferred or if I would need to do a new application.
MacMac

Post by MacMac »

Hi! I have 3 kids, I'm separate and I just move almost 3 months ago to Florida from Washington State. I supposed to have child support, state aid and alimony but everything is not going good right now. I just receive my child support and that not enough to have the money for rent a place so I live with a friend in a one bedroom apartment. I want to rent in some place near me but I need the down payment. I don't have a car either so I can't go work right now. My child support worker said that I suppose to start receiving everything from state assistance for January. I'm worry because my friend have financial problems and he don't have money for pay his rent and this is the only place that I can found for now. I just want help to rent a place. If you can help me I will appreciate. My kid’s age are 4, 11 and 16 and I have a small dog that is part of my family. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many different public assistance programs in Florida. They can give you daycare, cash aid, and more. As far as rent though, that may be a charity you need to turn too.
MacMac wrote:Hi! I have 3 kids, I'm separate and I just move almost 3 months ago to Florida from Washington State. I supposed to have child support, state aid and alimony but everything is not going good right now. I just receive my child support and that not enough to have the money for rent a place so I live with a friend in a one bedroom apartment. I want to rent in some place near me but I need the down payment. I don't have a car either so I can't go work right now. My child support worker said that I suppose to start receiving everything from state assistance for January. I'm worry because my friend have financial problems and he don't have money for pay his rent and this is the only place that I can found for now. I just want help to rent a place. If you can help me I will appreciate. My kid’s age are 4, 11 and 16 and I have a small dog that is part of my family. Thanks.