Support as diagnosed with MS - multiple sclerosis

State and local government assistance programs.
Greenwich
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Support as diagnosed with MS - multiple sclerosis

Post by Greenwich »

I'm trying to get in touch with someone to please help assist me. I have been recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis that has completely crippled my young adult female life. Can someone please help! :)
I live in Charleston, SC. I am looking for/in need of advice, guidance and help please. I have questions and concerns. And want to inquire about a few things and options. Multiple Sclerosis has completely altered my life, and came on suddenly it seemed, and I lost everything, it began to awfully, cripple me at the beginning of 2015, and was finally diagnosed. It has not only disabled myself, mentally, emotionally, as well as physically, has torn apart and/or ruined or strained every relationship I'm my life, from my parents/family, my fiancé, friends, coworkers, and anyone I know or knew; my entire life as I knew it.
Since it all began I've lost myself; my self-worth, dignity, my pride, personality and my respect for myself. I have a very positive, humble, grateful, hopeful and loving outlook on life. I have witnessed/lived through some miracles and pretty awful, heartbreaking tragedies and deaths from illness/disease. I had to grow up fast and was always mature for my age, and know God has put me through trials and tribulations for a reason and I know people have it harder than I do, but I feel like I giving up sometimes and it can be extremely difficult to remain hopeful and positive when I hit a brick wall every way I turn it seems.
This spiraling roller coaster ride has been an extremely scary and stressful road that I have faced basically alone in many ways, thank the Lord for my hardworking, loving fiancé, who tries his best. I have lost my health insurance and haven't had regular treatment or information about MS, I've researched and educated myself the best I could.
I lost my job as well as the ability to support myself or even contribute. I have $0 income and we're drowning in debt, struggling very hard. And in need of some kind of urgent help/assistance and financial help as well as medical treatment, we are struggling being able to afford food, glasses for myself, health insurance, even going to the hospital because of the costs, rent, car payment, basic necessities and needs, gas for getting treatment or my fiancé worrying how he is going to get to work, or get much needed car repairs. I/we need help.
I have lost a lot almost everything, barely hanging on by a thread and it's only getting worse and more difficult. Please help me, I have found limited to 0 help or options. And not only do I myself need help, a break or some relief but my fiancé does as well.
He has been here since day 1 through it all by himself picking up the roles and responsibilities of us both. He not only works full time trying to pick up extra time and/or side jobs, he comes home and takes on those responsibilities that I can't, as well as caring for me whatever my need may be that day. Trying to not worry or stress me about our life, finances and bills which used to be my role in the relationship. What do I do? I feel helpless. I’m trying to get help and support in my area.
I have looked into everything I can think of. I live in Charleston, SC I am looking for/in need of advice, guidance and help please. I have questions and concerns. And want to inquire about a few things and options. I don't like asking for help or talking about my problems and difficulties, I've always reached out and tried to help others, and those less fortunate is how I was raised. And to pull through it, things will always get better, God has a plan. This is different and not something easy for me to do this. I really appreciate it for my family, loved ones as well as myself!
Thank you very much! I look forward to hearing from someone. :)
Radostina

Re: Support as diagnosed with MS - multiple sclerosis

Post by Radostina »

Hi: I'm hoping you can support me.
I'm on SSDI due to MS. I presently live in my dad's home, on Long Island, NY, he passed away in December. Pretty much left me with nothing except bills that I cannot afford. I'm need support as support behind in the electric, my checking is always overdrawn, not able to pay my own bills which has now caused me to have bad credit score. Long Island is too expensive & I'm looking more down south.
My dad took out a reverse mortgage, I have no money to move & no money for a security deposit or down payment & have to leave. I'm on my own, no family. I just don't what to do & need help with bills and my MS. I have an electric bill over $1,000 & got $20 from HEAP.
I was approved for the Medicare Savings Program which will give me the payments since last March but I haven't rec'd anything & the Medicare is still being deducted.
Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

We do have some programs you can try, and they can be found here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
There are both state of NY and national disability programs, including some that will help people on MS. They can be found on our main site, and range from financial aid to medical care and more.
Paris
anti spam: Blue

Post by Paris »

I am in need of emergency assistance as fast as possible. I am in a very bad crisis situation/spot and have no time at all I have lost everything. I have multiple sclerosis and have applied for disability and I have not been approved yet. I can't work, my medical condition has made me lose everything. I have medical bills piling up and I have less than a week to find a place to live or I will be homeless. I have been staying with friends and family that have been trying to help me but financially they cannot do it anymore, and I do not know what else to do. I need help with security deposit/housing, car repair/ car payment, food, medications, everyday living expenses. I am basically at my wits end and out of options. I AM VERY SCARED AND I NEED HELP AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.