I have type 2 diabetes

State and local government assistance programs.
Sheppard1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I have type 2 diabetes

Post by Sheppard1 »

I just got laid off from my job, with no re-hire for at least 6 months from today. I just recently found out that I need Gall Bladder surgery in October and I’m also a type 2 diabetic and I have many, many other health issues. My request is Medicaid, EBT, rent assistance ($325.00 monthly due on the 1st of each month). I also need a car to get to my doctor Appointments and to search for a job. My car payment is $220.00 monthly. I need help with that and my car insurance bill each month. PLEASE HELP. I HAVE NO FAMILY and NO FRIENDS THAT CAN HELP ME!
Maf_red

Re: I have type 2 diabetes

Post by Maf_red »

To whom it may concern,
I was laid off in April of 2017. My salary at that time was $132,000.00. I have been trying to find a new job and been unable as I do not have a college degree. I was lucky enough to work my way up in my industry. I have Celiac Disease (which requires me to adhere to a Gluten Free diet, as Gluten triggers an auto-immune reaction) and Type 2 diabetes and my last employer kept my travel to a minimum and allowed me to work from home as a result of my medical issues. Given the travel requirements of my last position it was clear that I would need to change career fields I recently took my 4 40 Insurance class and know that I will be able to gain employment as soon as that license is processed.
In the interim I have maxed out my unemployment, cashed in my 401K and am currently being reviewed to continue on my food stamps. I am struggling to pay for the prescriptions that I have because adhering to my diet is far more costly than food stamps can cover. I live in St. Johns, FL 32259 and the rent on my current home is 1900.00 a month. I know that we need to downsize, but not only do I not have the funds to move but I can't afford a deposit or even application fees for apartments at this point. I have one car that is on the verge of being repossessed and the other is now 30 days past due.
My husband is employed through Baptist South and his hourly rate is 11.03 per hour. He tries to pick up as many extra shifts as possible, but we have come to a point where eviction is looking like it is inevitable. I have a 16 year old son who is also working on the weekends to help pay the bills.
I really need someone to point me in the right direction, as my type 2 diabetes makes it tough. I do not need long term assistance, I need assistance getting through this month and finding a new place that is within our new income bracket.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I have type 2 diabetes

Post by Admin »

Anyone who is diabetic, we have a list of free supplies, assistance programs, programs that give insulin and more. As this is a serious condition that impacts millions, so there is financial help. Find the options here, at free diabetic supplies.