Rent assistance for family with autistic child

Find how to get help with rent
Biden
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent assistance for family with autistic child

Post by Biden »

I need help in finding a place to live in Detroit and for rental assistance as well. I have 4 children and one of them is autistic and my youngest child is 2 months old so as for now I stay at my parents house taking care of my children and my husband is working but he's only earning $7.50 an hour. We need our own space, so we can make my daughters therapies easier without distraction.
Odilla

Re: Rent assistance for family with autistic child

Post by Odilla »

I just got back to work after 2 years. We are losing our house and will be homeless in 13 days. We have 2 young autistic children so I can not let this happen. We can not get through to our local DHS and Catholic Charities in Minneapolis St. Paul was very rude (they said our situation was not that bad and we did not qualify for the $50 that they usually hand out). I can make monthly payments but we need assistance with the down payment and 1st month's rent and we need it NOW! Any help would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Well, Catholic Charities does not owe you or anyone anything. Why would you "plan" on that rent help from them? That is just wrong. As far as DHS, drive there. Then you right you need help NOW...in caps? No one in Minneapolis or anywhere else owes you anything in life. Sorry, but that is the hard truth. Anyway, feel free to try Catholic Charities in Minneapolis again for help.
Merwer

Post by Merwer »

We're a homeless family with three small children, 12, 11 and 6 years old. (My 6 year old is autistic.) We've been living from hotel to hotel because we lost our rental home approximately 4 years ago due to financial hardship when my husband lost his truck driving job. And its been extremely hard trying to get back on our feet.
Now currently we have been told that we must leave this location because my autistic son gets to be very challenging and results in to screaming meltdowns day or night. Then my husband and I get into quarrels because of our stress issues. And its become very difficult in finding another hotel to move to because here in Anaheim the hotels can become very costly. We can barely pay for the one we live at now. We basically need help with referrals and resources you may have to guide us a little better in our hardship. God bless. Thank you.
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

Hi,  I'm a single mother and I have a 10 year old daughter who has autism. We are currently homeless and have been staying from house to house. Recently I found an apartment for us and I was able to pay the deposit because I do work, but it's hard for me to come up with the first month rent. This have been a hard road for my daughter and me, but I know that we are able to make it thru with some help. So is there any way possible you can assistance with our first month rent. I work so I will be able to pay the rent after that. I wanted to move my autistic daughter in a good neighborhood because we have lived in poverty stricken areas and unfortunately the public school system sucks for kids with special needs. So I took a chance to look for us an apartment in a better area where the opportunities will be better for her. I got approved for the apartment and we are due to move in June 1, 2017. We will appreciate anything, thanks for listening. Sent from my iPhone
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you do work, but just need cash for the first months rent, then maybe try a loan. It is always an option, but they come with risk and are always a last resort. Try some of the loans for emergency bills in Indianapolis. Maybe they can help you with that first months rent in a good school district.
Mrs.Frazier wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:21 pm Hi,  I'm a single mother and I have a 10 year old daughter who has autism. We are currently homeless and have been staying from house to house. Recently I found an apartment for us and I was able to pay the deposit because I do work, but it's hard for me to come up with the first month rent. This have been a hard road for my daughter and me, but I know that we are able to make it thru with some help. So is there any way possible you can assistance with our first month rent. I work so I will be able to pay the rent after that. I wanted to move my autistic daughter in a good neighborhood because we have lived in poverty stricken areas and unfortunately the public school system sucks for kids with special needs. So I took a chance to look for us an apartment in a better area where the opportunities will be better for her. I got approved for the apartment and we are due to move in June 1, 2017. We will appreciate anything, thanks for listening. Sent from my iPhone
Clinicshipper

Post by Clinicshipper »

My name is Machema.  I'm 27 year old and I have five children's ages from 8 to 1 years old.  We are about to be homeless.  The landlord wants to meet to get out as soon as possible. I  have a disabled son who has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. He can't be alone someone have to watch him. It's made it difficult for me to work based on his situation. He received social security benefits. That's the only income I'm receiving right now.  Please helped me with housing for my autistic child.
Purplepillow

Post by Purplepillow »

I really honestly need help with my rent and electricity. I have 2 children ages 6 & 12. My son is 6 and he is autistic. Are there rent programs for people with an autistic child?
My daughter was diagnosed with depression. My daughter' father was recently murdered. Then my son's father walked out on us. Leaving me to have to find another home for my kids and I. Now I'm doing everything alone. On top of it all, my son does homeschool so it is very important that I keep electricity going so that he can use the wifi to be online with his class. I really hope this isn't a hoax because it would be very cruel to make people feel a bit of relief thinking they have help, & then to find out it's a lie. That would be sad. So please try to put yourself in a single mother's shoes who thinks there is hope for rent for someone with an autistic child, but to be told that it was all a joke. Please don't do that to me. Please email me back anytime with some comforting news because I have been through so much with my kids. No it