Need Emergency help paying my rent...Facing eviction

Find how to get help with rent
swensonfamily4
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need Emergency help paying my rent...Facing eviction

Post by swensonfamily4 »

I am in desperate need of help. My husband and I and our 2 small children moved to Ohio a year ago for work. We both had steady jobs that paid the bills and we were doing great. Then about 6 months ago my husband's work was going through rough times and they moved him to only 15 hours a week. My husband also pays $580/mo. for child support that comes directly out of his pay for a child he has back in MN. We have depleted our savings and are now facing eviction. My husband is now back to working 37 hours per week as of now but we have no reserves anymore. I have tried to get help with the county but I make to much money because we are now both working full time. I don't want to be homeless...I just need help to get me through this latest rough patch. Please help. Eviction was filed today.

Thank you for any help you can give me,
Monica
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Emergency help paying my rent...Facing eviction

Post by Admin »

Hi Monica,
If your husband is working then there may be a better change to receive help from a non-profit or charity. Of course there are no promises and funds are limited. However many agencies are more likely to assist someone who is contributing to society by working vs someone who is just asking for a hand out and who has no income coming in, as it is more likely that cash provided to someone who is not working will not make a difference. Regardless we have information on many housing, rent and emergency assistance programs in Ohio. We also have info on free food, pantries, energy assistance and more. Our main resource for the state of Ohio is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
McKnight

Post by McKnight »

I am being evicted. I am disabled and have 2 children age 2. They are twins. I have applied for grants with you before and have never been contacted in any why, now I am 3 month behind in the rent, light and gas. I don't get any kind of support for my children and I am on SSI. My rent is 795.00 and my check is 866.00. I have been here for 3 years and have been good until Feb 1,2013. I lost half of my income and was beat up by my children father and he stole 1600.00 from me now I cannot catch up I need help badly and quickly.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Where are you located, in the Berkshires in Massachusetts? If so, look for a housing unit with a lower rent. As you will not be able to sustain a lease at $766 for any period of time if your fixed income is only in the mid 800s. So you need to look into a long term solution. In the meatime, find some programs for Berkshire County.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I am sharing an apartment with my dad, mom and boyfriend. Rent is 1195/month we split it between four so $325. I lost my job so my dad was paying $650 my mom was paying $325 and my boyfriend was paying $325. Rent is due on the third of June and my mom works at Wal-Mart but doesn't get paid tell 6/05 and the landlord doesn't except late rent. Please help us. We just need like maybe $975. It's just for this month because of the holidays. Please and god bless.
Decorator

Post by Decorator »

I am helping a friend. She would need help with either a deposit or first months rent and is in a crisis right now. She only receives Social Security for her children. That is $700, roughly a month. She is staying with her mother in State Line, PA. She would like to stay on the area if possible. However will go where needed. You can email me and I can send info along. She may not be able to stay with her mother for much longer.
Der456

Post by Der456 »

Hello,
I am emailing on behalf of my stepson. He is on disability, and has been
on it for years. he is currently living in an apartment in Cohoes, NY which is in Albany County NY and is getting evicted July 30th and we are having a problem finding him a place to live that he can afford. He gets a disability check each month for
850.00 and the apartments we are trying to find him are out of his budget
when you factor in the rent, food and utilities.
He is really needing
emergency help on finding him and moving him into an apartment before him
has to get out and is without a place to live. I am not sure who to
contact or where do go. Would you be able to point me in the right
direction on what he can do. If you have any contacts with emails, that is
the best way I can contact someone due to being at work all day.
I really appreciate it.