Lease not being renewed

Find how to get help with rent
Bearcats
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Lease not being renewed

Post by Bearcats »

I am a mother of two children. At the end of this month, the lease of the apartment I'm living in will expire. I have no where for my children and I to live. I cannot afford the deposit for a new apartment and I would truly appreciate assistance with it. I own a 1999 Ford Explorer but I cannot afford to get it registered and insured. Help with this would be extremely useful because I recently landed a well paying job (11.50 an hour) and I need a vehicle to get to and from work. I'm not currently receiving any assistance and I would appreciate help finding it. Food, my phone bill, rent, and utilities leaves me with no money. I want to work hard to provide my babies with all they need so they won't have to live like this in the future.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lease not being renewed

Post by Admin »

A good non-profit charity to call for almost all your needs is the Salvation Army in South Carolina. They may have funds, or advice, for rent, utilities, and food. We are not sure about car and tags though. That is pretty rare. Phone bills are also doubtful. Regardless the Salvation Army may be able to help you find a new apartment, and a fair lease for it.
Bearcats wrote:I am a mother of two children. At the end of this month, the lease of the apartment I'm living in will expire. I have no where for my children and I to live. I cannot afford the deposit for a new apartment and I would truly appreciate assistance with it. I own a 1999 Ford Explorer but I cannot afford to get it registered and insured. Help with this would be extremely useful because I recently landed a well paying job (11.50 an hour) and I need a vehicle to get to and from work. I'm not currently receiving any assistance and I would appreciate help finding it. Food, my phone bill, rent, and utilities leaves me with no money. I want to work hard to provide my babies with all they need so they won't have to live like this in the future.
Couric12

Post by Couric12 »

Dear Sir,
I live in a rental community in Vera Beach Gardens and have lived here for almost
4 years.
Recently since a newer management company had taken (sale date made to new
Mira Flores Apartment Company, April 2011) over they had raised my rent unfairly the 3 years.
When I first moved in 2011 I paid only ~$1070 per month and previous lease management company
they were very reasonable working my renewal leases!. The last 2-3 years my rent went
up as much as 150-200 dollars more on the new lease so with this new management lease company than
the previous one. I am a state worker making a median income. My position has CAD
cost of living adjustment however it has not been raised for the last 5 to 7 years.
This is a crisis developing not only for myself but to others like me I am sure. I am also
ready to retire in 5 years.
The other unfortunate situation is that my salary is not keeping up with the cost of living
increases. Now I am paying 1320 dollars per month includes 2 small storage units and
a car port (in past I had 1 of each). I have no issues paying for those extra services since
they usually are very stable and very low expense ($10-15 each). My credit approval is
only for a single bedroom apartment and that’s fine with me. I am happy here but my job
is critical to the people of this county and it is not fair that state employees like me
are being taken advantage. I do not want to purchase a home since things are very
difficult and I can not and do not have the energy to keep up with maintaining a home.
My back is not well at times its ok and if I move things around or have to move to
another location which is just as much or more expensive to live I may injure and
sprain my lower back again. There is nothing you can do but to minimize any hard
excursion. This could put me out of work for many weeks if I do any strenuous
moving etc.
I certainly like this place. We have good close access to food and gas and to
alternate local transportation if needed. In fact I believe I have saved money
by not having to drive far to get my services that I need for food, gas and
purchasing of any important household items.
Please let me know what I can do to apply for any small fair share assistance
in my situation for my lease. Maybe just by paying the differential to keep the rental
at a stable rate for me at least 1100 or so is great! This will help me pay
off any expenses bills and remainder of several credit accounts to give me
more flexibility and breathing room to survive.
My income is a moderate income $1430 is my bi-monthly rate. However rental
expenses and automobile costs and rentals are more expensive now. Its
getting to a point that soon one of my bi-monthly electronic payment check will
be taken away just for rent if there is no stop to this unfair increases in rent. I
work on a fixed income position however the benefits due outweigh my issue
when I retire as I agreed as an incentive to continue services to the people of Palm
Beach County.
Please help me with any guidance to remedy this Cost of living increase crisis.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can give you information on agencies to call for guidance on your rental unit. We do not provide advice ourselves for many reasons. But we do know there is no such thing as rent being unfairly increased. A landlord can do whatever they want. They do not even have to lease to you. They can turn the place into condos, double the rent (with notice of course) or whatever. There are entire cities in which the rent costs are going up on average double digits. But if you need options, we have tons of information on assistance programs for rent and housing needs, and they are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Sam Tool

Post by Sam Tool »

My family and I just had to leave our apartment because we could not renew our lease because of tax reasons. I need someone to pay my first month and down payment for me. I am a stay at home mom with a 1 year old and my fiancée works 7 day a week but we still can't save enough to get a place. We have been staying in motels for the past month and our money is almost out because it is costing us $600 a week. If you have any information that will help please let me know. Thanks for your time and have a great day.
Prentis

Post by Prentis »

Hello, I am in need of down payment assistance to move, my lease is up in 2 weeks and my landlord does not wish to renew. I can pay the first months’ rent that is $925 on the 22nd, when myself and my spouse get paid. But the deposit is $925 as well and I have to put both our paychecks together to get the first $925. Please advise if you know anyone that can help me with it this non-renewal. We both just started to work a month ago and are trying to dig out of the whole that having covid put us in. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your lease is not being renewed, and you have bad credit, some landlords may help you still. As there are private landlords with low or bad credit deals. They can give you a safe place to live, and look here for no credit check needed housing.
Prentis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:16 am Please advise if you know anyone that can help me with it this non-renewal. We both just started to work a month ago and are trying to dig out of the whole that having covid put us in. Thanks