Domestic Violence

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Maggie69
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Domestic Violence

Post by Maggie69 »

I need help! I have to move from apartment because my ex-husband found me and my daughter. I have a permanent restraining order against him, but that doesn't stop him. I have a place to go, but I don't have enough money for both rent and movers. All I need is $300 and could be paid directly to the company. I have tried ALL the charities/banks/credit unions and things around me, but they do not have any money (won't loan me any). We live in Eastern Massachusetts. Can someone please help us????
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Domestic Violence

Post by Admin »

I posted info here, free legal aid, charities, etc.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... f=11&t=887
Maggie69 wrote:I need help! I have to move from apartment because my ex-husband found me and my daughter. I have a permanent restraining order against him, but that doesn't stop him. I have a place to go, but I don't have enough money for both rent and movers. All I need is $300 and could be paid directly to the company. I have tried ALL the charities/banks/credit unions and things around me, but they do not have any money (won't loan me any). We live in Eastern Massachusetts. Can someone please help us????
KU.G12

Post by KU.G12 »

I am a domestic violence SW with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. One of the main issues we have for helping our clients is rental assistance if they have to have the perpetrator leave due to EPO/DVO, etc. Is there any information I can share with my co-workers that we can pass along to give to our clients in need, so they feel more secure filing these EPOs/DVOs for protection away from the person hurting them.
CarterJ
anti spam: Blue

Post by CarterJ »

I hurt my leg and back 2 years ago. I have been living between my daughters’s home. But I cannot say there anymore. I have been getting $200 A month to keep me from being homeless. I am in so much pain and dealing with depression, my family can't stand to be around me. I was in a domestic violent situation and they won't help me. Please call me as I could go on a lot long with all my problems. My life if almost unbelievable. Thank you.
Maldanado

Post by Maldanado »

I am a domestic violence victim and he was finally arrested but he destroyed my car and I drive for work. It’s the computer screen in the middle that shows everything for the car and my front windshield. My job won’t let me come back until it's all fixed.
I drive part time because I am disabled 38th scoliosis and degenerative disc disease. I have not been approved get. I am late on my electric and rent because he was the sole supporter of me and my son who attended St. Vincent de Paul before my son and I were both disabled. My son is having surgery soon and I am in desperate need of my home so he can recover from surgery.
We have never asked for help before and if you know of anyone who can help me fix my car and I need to get it legally insured but I can work and get us back on out feet from there. Anything would be a huge help. God bless.