Being discriminated against

State and local government assistance programs.
Colonel Bradoff
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Being discriminated against

Post by Colonel Bradoff »

I need help, but the state is not cooperating with me. Here is some information I received.

This Notice provides guidance to public housing agencies (PHAs) seeking Emergency Capital needs funding for safety and security measures. This Notice provides instructions regarding the application and funding process for emergency safety and security funding. For current information regarding natural disasters see PIH Notice 2010-14, HUD Funding for Non-Presidentially Declared Disasters, issued April 28, 2010 and now available on HUD's website.
Each year, Congress sets aside funds within the Capital Fund appropriation to fund emergencies and natural disasters. Last year, through the Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009 [Public Law 111-8] (FY 2009 Act) and this year, through the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010 [Public Law 111-117] (FY 2010 Act), Congress appropriated $20,000,000 in funding to provide assistance to "public housing agencies for emergency capital needs including safety and security measures necessary to address crime and drug related activity as well as needs resulting from unforeseen or unpreventable emergencies and natural disasters excluding Presidential declared disasters occurring in fiscal year 2009 (and 2010)." Identical language appears in both the FY 2009 and FY 2010 Acts. Thus, Emergency Capital Needs funding is available for both emergencies and non-presidential declared natural disasters. 3. Policy: The Department's policy with respect to safety and security funding is to ensure adequate funding availability for unforeseeable or unpreventable emergencies as well as non- presidentially declared natural disasters. Then it goes on to say that 250,000 is the cap for disaster recovery/rehabilitation assistance to recover a complete 100% lost not even structure left standing, 6 bedroom, 3 car attached garage 2 vehicles plus all the furniture riding lawn mower that now I'm terminally ill.
I will never be able to recover from I know it will never be the same but some kind of financial assistance and grants that I qualify for would help me start to recover from this tragedy. It's written in black and white and I've been searching, begging, pleading, and praying for help and not a soul has assisted me in recovering from this tragedy and disaster funds that are given to organizations are supposed to be made for exactly the situation I'm in. I don't understand why I'm not receiving that help at all when I personally speak to FEMA and the governor.
He requested the County to get presidentially declared for me and it was turned down but they did receive funds so even the Governor has been trying to help and referred me to HUD, USDA RURAL DEV. So that's why I've been asking you for disaster assistance, please. I'm praying you hear my help/assistance for disaster recovery/relief.
If the cost estimate exceeds the $250,000 cap, the PHA must include documents indicating other funds, including Capital Funds, are available to cover the proposal's excess costs. I ask for help/assistance. For example, HUD waived certain requirements in its existing grant programs to assist disaster victims with rehabilitating or purchasing a residence. Also, similar to USDA, HUD asked lenders to adopt temporary payment moratoriums and to exercise forbearance for victims with HUD-insured mortgages. In addition, HUD through a mission assignment to create a housing voucher program for disaster victims who, prior to the disaster, were served by HUD's rental assistance programs or were homeless. Which I do believe being disabled is so much harder to recover and takes so much longer and not having to worry about rent until permanent housing is available is awesome. It is one of the best ideas that people who deal with disaster victims are aware of this problem and transportation for us to look for temporary and kind term housing is very important as well.
See this are some of the examples I read out there but not able to receive all this federal/state money that is used to help the disabled. I am a displaced individuals with a family and homeless because of this, where's this help?
I'm going to be writing a book when I'm done as people need to know what's truly out there. My personal family have been left behind and forgotten about and that's truly sad. I'm still trying to get the help I deserve, to get the grants and financial assistance for people like me and my family.
We are human; we're not nobody's and we deserve what everyone else receives. What if this was your family, what would you do? This would be great. I'm reading about the disaster help I should be receiving. Victims expressed both positive and negative perceptions of the temporary housing assistance they received, whether in the form or rental assistance or a travel trailer. In general, victims who received rental assistance perceived that it was helpful in meeting their housing needs because it allowed them to find a place to live and pay the rent while they "got back on their feet." One victim said having rental assistance allowed her to keep her sanity because she knew she had a place to live and her kids were in a good school. However, some recipients, such as those who received FEMA rental assistance, said that the process of having to re-certify their eligibility for the program every 3 months left them uncertain about whether they would continue to receive the assistance. The uncertainty made it difficult for victims to know what their long-term housing plans would be, as they did not know when their rental assistance would be cut off or what they would do about their housing after that.
For example, one victim said that her plans for the future were uncertain because she did not know when the rental assistance would expire. One elderly victim we spoke with said that she does not think that, once the assistance ends, she will be able to afford her new apartment, even though she would like to stay there. Victims we spoke with who received temporary housing assistance through HUD said that the disaster voucher program (DVP) generally met their housing needs. For example, some of these individuals said that the local housing authority in their new cities assisted them in finding housing, making things easier for them. Others said that not having to pay rent allowed them to use their earnings for other necessities such as car payments or furniture and also allowed them to look for work without having to worry about how the rent would be paid.37 HUD officials we spoke with in the field also said that in their opinion, the disaster voucher meets the needs of the people it was intended to serve; however, they noted that it depended on the needs of the individual and the willingness of the displaced family to move elsewhere to find housing.
Also HUD I have been asking you, actually begging you for your help since the Governor and Homeland Security specifically told me to work with your company (out of Detroit). I was told to get help from the USDA rural development agencies to get the recovery/relief/financial funding that I qualify under my circumstances to be able to reunite with my family and me being a disabled displaced individual with a family due to this natural disaster with a 100% lost and to get grants/benefits/programs that you are funded for just for my current situation so finally my mind can be at ease. All I ever have is sleepless nights and getting more sick because now because NOONE will assist me, I've been trying to do it on my own and that's wrong, as of right now I should be enrolled in your ESG, COC, E-Snaps, HMIS, HEARTH, CDBG-DR programs grants alone not shoved on someone else. Also I was told by a HUD agent to leave the e-snaps alone that they would make sure I get on the ESG, COC but since then haven't heard a thing that is wrong given me false hope and aware of my situation. I'm in homeless, and she said she would get me temp housing even if it's a hotel since I'm unable to stay at a shelter due to my health conditions.
Officials we spoke with in the field also said that in their opinion, the disaster voucher meets the needs of the people it was intended to serve; however, they noted that it depended on the needs of the individual and the willingness of the displaced family to move elsewhere to find housing. This is 2014/2015 that was sent to me thru FEMA that the Detroit office will make sure my family now will 100% be taken care of like I should of been. That usually without being sick and on oxygen 24/7 requiring someone to care for me. They usually and they could determine that it could do it longer help or assist me in paying for my rent and utilities for 18 months called disaster vouchers and help me get personal transportation to get back and forth to medical appointments and to start treatments for my lung cancer alone and I also have PTSD now disaster stress disorder. That HUD organization built there organization to assist individuals like myself, now I would like to know when my ESG, COC is going to begin lime she said on phone temp housing until permanent housing is available I was trying to do it myself on e-snaps she told me to stay away and the CDBG-DR grant should come into effect.
Please we are awaiting patiently but we don't have long. Leave a message. We are very grateful for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Being discriminated against

Post by Admin »

If you are being discriminated against, then try legal aid. There are places that can offer advice in dealing with a PHA. The advice is technically free, and locate legal aid for your housing issues.
Denise234

Re: Being discriminated against

Post by Denise234 »

I need help. Have laid off in May until now. I am one of the of the lost boy of Sudan. I was working with an oil company in Oklahoma and get laid off due to discriminated. While my family are waiting for me to book them a ticket from Kenya to Dallas and I don't have anything now.
I am staying with my cousin. I am feeling sick too which seem like diabetes. I tried hard to find out with doctors and no one found out what going on with me. Please help me to unite me with my family before more discrimation occurs. Please in Jesus name just a ticket home if you can.