Places in Tennessee for help with bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Ptbull11
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Places in Tennessee for help with bills

Post by Ptbull11 »

I live in Newport, Tennessee. I am trying to find out about who I can go to for help. I work at Wal-Mart and my wife is a stay at home mom. We have 6 children ages 11 through 2. My hours have been cut at work. I wait tables and do to business being slow I am not currently making enough to pay my bills. I am currently behind on my rent $420. Car payment $300, another car payment of $133, and my electric is also over due and if not paid by Monday. It will be shut off life is being pretty hard on me and I’ve never had to do this but if you know anyone that can help please contact me.
Marjory

Re: Places in Tennessee for help with bills

Post by Marjory »

I live in Lebanon, TN. I have no vehicle and no income. I have a 5 year old son. My boyfriend and I just broke up and I am currently having to stay with him until I can find a place. He wants me out and reminds me of it several times a day. My name is currently on the lease that ends on March 11th. As soon as that happens, I will have no choice but to leave. I can not go to a shelter because he will take our child away because I do not have a stable home of my own. My mother is low income and is currently staying with who she can because she does not have a home either. So it is best for us to live together until we get back on our feet. Unfortunately, no one can help me until I have an established home, not living with my daughter's father. We desperately need to get away from him, but with no car, no income, and no one to help, I'm afraid I'll be on the streets in a couple weeks and lose custody of my baby. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some housing programs focused on females in Tennessee. Some take children too. It also sounds like you may be borderline abusive situation too, so that will help your cause. If your name is on the lease, then you are entitled to stay there, so he may need to leave. Find more details on the rental and housing in Tennessee.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Hi, I'm trying to find assistance to help pay bills. I recently at the beginning of January lost my full time job. I work part time but it's nowhere enough needed to pay bills. Recently got accepted for food stamps which is helpful but from what I make at my part time job if I pay my power and water I won't even have money to put gas in my car of keep my cell phone active
I live in Greeneville TN and the number provided to call on the website is not to an assistance program. It's to a probation office or something of that nature. If possible can someone call me with correct info. I rarely check my email is why I ask.
Thedoctor

Post by Thedoctor »

Rent and Utilities. Need help catching up on bills because my lease on my apartment in Memphis has expired. Now I have to move because the dog is over 25 pounds now. I have to pay a move out fee for the carpet in the house then the new apartment I'm moving into need security deposits and pet fees and prorated rent for the rest of this month. I just need assistance getting back on track.
Mueller

Post by Mueller »

My boyfriend has been laid off since November from last year. He goes to agencies across Tennessee to apply for a job but they don't call him at all. Its getting stressful because we have kids from 10, 7, 5 years and 10 months.
He gets only unemployment but that’s not enough are rent is $1395. I get general relief but it’s still not enough for the rent or bills. Last week they turn off our light. We had to get $300 from the rent to get them to turn on the lights. Now yesterday we got an eviction notice.
Donnatell

Post by Donnatell »

I am asking for help for my son. He has a 6 month old son. He is 30 years old and thought he would never find love or have a family. We live in a small town in Tennessee. He was laid off of his job and did not work for about 3 years. He met his wife and fell in love. Then a friend came by the house and told him he could go to work part time where he worked, it was not long until it turned into full time. When he had enough money for a down payment he bought a car which he still stays on each week.
His wife became pregnant and he had a baby. My son was on a cloud, he was so proud. He has been a hands on daddy since day one, which makes me proud of him they decided to go on and get married even though My son could not give her the wedding he wanted to. He had always lived at home and he helped me in many ways, I have been on disability since 2004 and not worked since 2001.
I did not have enough rooms for my grandson to have a room of his own so they got their own apartment about 5 or 6 weeks ago. So right now he’s having a hard time with him just getting started on his on and needing so many things for the apartment. I know my son wants remember this Christmas. I could see and hear how much his heart was hurting when he told me he could not get him anything. I do not want anyone to leave a child out that will remember this Christmas but if you can get just a couple of gifts I would appreciate from the bottom of my heart. We know Christmas is the day to celebrate the birth of, which is the greatest gift ever given. Thank you for reading my letter and have a Merry Christmas.
MandyMo

Post by MandyMo »

To whom it may concern,
Yes, I'm 45 years old that lives in Powell, Tennessee. I have two daughters ages 14 and 10 and I'm a single full time parent, I live on SSI benefits. I get $674 month and by the time I pay rent, and etc. I don't wind up with hardly nothing. I have plastic anemia and other disabilities and I miss most of my appointments from not having a wagon get there. I also have missed my daughters play at school too or no way. I don't get child support from where there dad won't pay the state. Can you please help me find a car repair that can help me fix my vehicle.
Smith Jonses

Post by Smith Jonses »

Myself and my husband (dog groomer)/(union worker) were in a car accident December 7th in Memphis Tennessee that totaled our only vehicle. We live in the county with no public transportation. Needless to say all we have is my husbands 65 year old mom whom still works everyday and cares for my brother in law whom has downs she also lives 40 miles away. So not getting back and forth to our jobs is tough. It was our only vehicle and we have no insurance. We are currently 1 1/2 months behind on rent and M.L.G.W just cut off our electricity. We have no heat. We need anything. Please if at all possible HELP or point me in the right direction. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is public transportation in Memphis, so we have no idea what you are talking about. Also, it is illegal to drive without insurance, so you are lucky you are not in jail and/or get sued for every cent you have. You were extremely reckless to drive without insurance. As far as options for you, they are limited. Especially once an agency finds out you were breaking the law. But feel free to apply for financial assistance in Memphis Tennessee.
Smith Jonses wrote:Myself and my husband (dog groomer)/(union worker) were in a car accident December 7th in Memphis Tennessee that totaled our only vehicle. We live in the county with no public transportation. Needless to say all we have is my husbands 65 year old mom whom still works everyday and cares for my brother in law whom has downs she also lives 40 miles away. So not getting back and forth to our jobs is tough. It was our only vehicle and we have no insurance. We are currently 1 1/2 months behind on rent and M.L.G.W just cut off our electricity. We have no heat. We need anything. Please if at all possible HELP or point me in the right direction. Thank You.
KarinaMiguel

Post by KarinaMiguel »

I'm from Memphis, TN. I Am Currently Unemployed And Living On My With My Disabled 31 Year Old Sister That I Also Take Care Of. I've Had This Responsibility Every Since My Mom Passed 2 Years and I really need help with the bills and also with taking care of her because I'm doing it all alone. I don't have any help from her other siblings; it's just me and it's not easy at all. I would really appreciate if someone would contact me about getting some assistance. I would really and truly appreciate it.
Draghi

Post by Draghi »

Hello, I currently live in Maryville (Blount County) Tennessee. I am suffering financial hardship due to job loss, hospitalization, and disabled vehicle. I have never used assistance before and have no idea how I'm going to pay my rent, utilities, and getting my car fixed so I can go back to work. Please help.
Thank you.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Good afternoon...
I currently live in Louisville, TN.
Sadly due to a VERY recent job loss, I and my family are without the following funds for the month of July and August. I am ACTIVELY looking for new employment, however the funds still will not come quick enough and we are down to our last $50.00.
I was able to take care of many of our expenses for this month with my last paycheck, however the following are still outstanding:
Rent $695
Gas $47
Car insurance $72
Medical Prescriptions $400
Phone $160
Grocery expenses have not been included however food donations would be humbly accepted until we are back on our feet. Car payment, electric and some groceries have been paid.
Please let me know what other information I can provide to you before 7/24/16 arrives. I must have these taken care by then and working hard to get completed. Your offers for assistance are graciously and sincerely appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Best regards...!
Eckhard

Post by Eckhard »

Hi, My fiancé, and our 3 kids moved here to Knoxville Tennessee from Florida in August. On October 28 my fiancé was hospitalized at Park west Hospital.
Since then he has had surgery and home health. We are currently in the hospital right now again and he will be on home health and rehab until April. He is on NON-PAY FMLA from his job. He has been out for 2 months and isn't expected to return until April. In the meantime, my job has let me work part time, and they denied my FMLA. I have not been to work since his bypass heart surgery on January 31 as it has been one complication after another.
We are 2 months behind on everything here in Tennessee and need help. We are need help with rent and unities. I have applied for food stamp, please if you go help us or lead us in the right direction.