TURN ON ELECTRICITY

State and local government assistance programs.
abryant821
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

TURN ON ELECTRICITY

Post by abryant821 »

I have called the Okeefonkee Electric Company to turn on my power this Friday, June 19th since that is my move-in date. They are telling me that it is a deposit of $455. I have never heard of a deposit so high. I do not have this money. I am a single mother of three kids living on one income. Does anyone know of a program for St George, GA that would be able to help with either lowering or eliminating my security deposit on my electricity? I do work. That is not my problem. I just am struggling like everyone else right now. I do not want to move in without electricity.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: TURN ON ELECTRICITY

Post by Admin »

That sounds very expensive to me as well. Here are some programs to try. Project SHARE, which is a statewide assistance program that is funded by electric utility customers. People basically donate through their monthly electric bills to help others pay their bills and deposits. The program is administered by The Salvation Army. Also, call your utility and ask about Operation Roundup. Many utility companies in Georgia offer this program as well.
Janel
anti spam: Blue

Re: TURN ON ELECTRICITY

Post by Janel »

I am in desperate need of the deposit to turn my electricity on. I live in Port Richey, FL and I lost my place to live due to losing my job. I have started another job and was able to beg and borrow from everybody I know just to get a place to live. I currently have an apartment in my name with no electricity. If there's any way I can get some help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.