Emergency Rental Help

Find how to get help with rent
singlemom4
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Emergency Rental Help

Post by singlemom4 »

I am a single mom of four and lost my job two months ago due to my car breaking down. I have transportation now and am looking for a job with no luck so far. I live in Texas (in grayson county) and I have tried the salvation army and tcog but they have no funds at this time. I tried the homelessness prevention program but was told the people they usually help are behind at least two months on rent and have eviction notices. I don't want it to have to come to the point that I am being evicted to get help. It is stressful enough for me and my children just knowing there is a chance we could lose our home. I've called churches and they tell me that they don't have programs to help with rent and can't refer me to anyone. I tried the resale barn but they only give one time assistance and they have already helped me. If anyone knows where I could go or who else I could call please let me know as soon as possible. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for any help you can give.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency Rental Help

Post by Admin »

What you have done so far is great. Salvation Army, Homeless Prevention Program, and calling around to other agencies. You just need to keep calling Another option is the Texoma Council of Governments (TCOG). That agencies phone number is 903-813-3510. they also run housing programs.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
singlemom4 wrote:I am a single mom of four and lost my job two months ago due to my car breaking down. I have transportation now and am looking for a job with no luck so far. I live in Texas (in grayson county) and I have tried the salvation army and tcog but they have no funds at this time. I tried the homelessness prevention program but was told the people they usually help are behind at least two months on rent and have eviction notices. I don't want it to have to come to the point that I am being evicted to get help. It is stressful enough for me and my children just knowing there is a chance we could lose our home. I've called churches and they tell me that they don't have programs to help with rent and can't refer me to anyone. I tried the resale barn but they only give one time assistance and they have already helped me. If anyone knows where I could go or who else I could call please let me know as soon as possible. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for any help you can give.
Smith98

Short term rent help

Post by Smith98 »

Hello,

I would like to get information on how I can get short term assistance with paying my rental payment. I currently owe one month's rent and need to avoid eviction procedures that my landlord is about to start pursuing in a couple of days.
I am employed full-time, but I recently had a couple of things that have happened that have affected my finances and have resulted in a my currently experiencing a financial hardship.
I am just trying to get some temporary help so that I can get out of the hole with this.

Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Short term rent help

Post by Admin »

Have you tried HUD section 8, the homeless prevention program, or contacting your local community action agency? All of those are steps to take if you need emergency help paying rent, are facing eviction, or just need some free advice. You can learn how to apply for HUD, where to go, and program terms here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ment_.html
Smith98 wrote:Hello,

I would like to get information on how I can get short term assistance with paying my rental payment. I currently owe one month's rent and need to avoid eviction procedures that my landlord is about to start pursuing in a couple of days.
I am employed full-time, but I recently had a couple of things that have happened that have affected my finances and have resulted in a my currently experiencing a financial hardship.
I am just trying to get some temporary help so that I can get out of the hole with this.

Thank you,
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

I'm a mother of two. I work a min. wage job only bring home 268.00 a week. I am behind on my rent and the rest of my bills. I live in Nashville Tennesee area. My land lord is talking about evicting us. My rent is 400.00 a month. The trailer we live in is old, you can see the ground through the doors, even with them closed. The lights, and water are about to be cut off. This is an emergency. I am paying the landlord 100.00 a week and that's not enough for her, I'm doing all I can afford to do. If you can will you please help me with what ever bills you can. Thank you very much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, that minimum wage job doesn't pay enough to cover those expenses. You need to increase your income. In the meantime, there are some places in Nashville and Davidson County that may be able to provide some short term relief and support. The link below has more information.
You have such options as the Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc., which can be reached at (615) 352-3087. Another non-profit charity in the Nashville and Davidson County Tennessee area is the Old Hickory Christian Community Outreach. Phone (615) 847-4996.
Both of these places may be able to provide some limited cash grants and financial aid for bills, rent, and offer other services such as debt and foreclosure counseling.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dav ... e_pro.html
Luigi wrote:I'm a mother of two. I work a min. wage job only bring home 268.00 a week. I am behind on my rent and the rest of my bills. I live in Nashville Tennessee area. My land lord is talking about evicting us. My rent is 400.00 a month. The trailer we live in is old, you can see the ground through the doors, even with them closed. The lights, and water are about to be cut off. This is an emergency. I am paying the landlord 100.00 a week and that's not enough for her, I'm doing all I can afford to do. If you can will you please help me with what ever bills you can. Thank you very much
Larry

Post by Larry »

Hi, My mom lives in Tulare county, She is a senior on ssi/ssa, and she despereatly needs a one time Rental help, she has been waiting for 10 months for her rental assistance, and has been struggling to make ends meet, every penny goes to her bills, now her car tags are due about 175.00 with smog by April 1st, and she has to get them or she wont be able to park her car in the apt complex, so she will not have her rent, she is worried sick about this, i wish i could help her but im not working , and have no income , she had a major surjury in jan, Im so worried about her !! can you plese help us? Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Tulare is in California, right? If so there may be some one time rental assistance and grant programs.
Try places and agencies like Open Gate Ministries at (559) 591-1241 and the local community action agency, which is Community Services and Employment Training (C-SET). (559) 732-4194. Both definitely have housing and rent programs, and information on financial aid programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tul ... progr.html
Larry wrote:Hi, My mom lives in Tulare county, She is a senior on ssi/ssa, and she despereatly needs a one time Rental help, she has been waiting for 10 months for her rental assistance, and has been struggling to make ends meet, every penny goes to her bills, now her car tags are due about 175.00 with smog by April 1st, and she has to get them or she wont be able to park her car in the apt complex, so she will not have her rent, she is worried sick about this, i wish i could help her but im not working , and have no income , she had a major surjury in jan, Im so worried about her !! can you plese help us? Thank you
Lutter

Post by Lutter »

I need help on rent for this month, and the month of July. to keep a roof over the heads of my 5 year old son, & my 2 year old daughter. I was on section 8 but lost it to the fact. of not being able to make it to an appointment. way in Independence. i live way in south Kansas city i had benefits from SSI to support my children. but i lost that in 2010 of last summer. I'v been on it all my life so, when i got kicked off I started applying for jobs right away, but with me not having no work experience. its been very difficult to find work. because i have no work history. if any one can help I and my children, before my landlord kick me out of the only place that i and my kids have to go. i would greatly appreciate it. and show my appreciation. once i establish a job, but right now i really need a helping hand. to keep I and my children together. I'v never been late on rent, or missed a payment til this storm. and I'm not going down without a fight for the sake of my kids. so if any one can here the cries of a man. trying to do the right thing by his kids. please help me before I'm evicted.
JennyMay12

Post by JennyMay12 »

I have been homeless for 3 years. Was married 20 yrs . I wrecked my car , and the insurance money I sent to a friend in NC to buy her daughter Christmas and catch her mortgage up. I have been helping others and forgot what I need to do. I am looking for a place close to Gray Court SC for rent or rent to own. My 10 yr daughter lives there . And I cant go pick her up because I dont have any way. Her dad dont want to be nice. If I could find a dependable car. My daughter would be tickled to death. Send me an email please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure of places to call to rent in your area, as we do not have apartments or homes listed, we can give you information on agencies and non-profits to call that can help you move, paying deposits, moving expenses, and other support. Gray Court SC is in Laurens County SC. Call the GLEAMNS Human Resources Commission, which is the community action agency at (864) 223-9456). Golden Strip Emergency Relief Center is another local non-profit.
JennyMay12 wrote:I have been homeless for 3 years. Was married 20 yrs . I wrecked my car , and the insurance money I sent to a friend in NC to buy her daughter Christmas and catch her mortgage up. I have been helping others and forgot what I need to do. I am looking for a place close to Gray Court SC for rent or rent to own. My 10 yr daughter lives there . And I cant go pick her up because I dont have any way. Her dad dont want to be nice. If I could find a dependable car. My daughter would be tickled to death. Send me an email please.
Burton

Post by Burton »

I need some help on paying my rent in Dallas, and i am 3 month behind. on it in i really need some help by paying it the reason i am behind on it because of my other bills that i have in i only get one income. in i don't get any food stamp so i have to pay for my food with cash money in i am so worry about get put out in no where to go so can you please get back to me ASP. Thank you so much sign!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you also tried applying for food stamps, in addition to Dallas rental programs? Between the two (food and financial aid for rent) you may be able to get back on your feet and current with paying your bills, debts, and monthly rent.
Burton wrote:I need some help on paying my rent in Dallas, and i am 3 month behind. on it in i really need some help by paying it the reason i am behind on it because of my other bills that i have in i only get one income. in i don't get any food stamp so i have to pay for my food with cash money in i am so worry about get put out in no where to go so can you please get back to me ASP. Thank you so much sign!
Loopapop

Post by Loopapop »

I am a mother of 3 plus an additional stepson with a newborn on the way and live in Columbus Ohio. I have lived at the same residence for 2 plus years always paid rent on time which is $1,200 a month. About 5 months ago I lost my job of 13 years they closed there doors out of the blue no warning no severance. I have been unable to find work and my husband is the only one working now his check was being garnished for $530 biweekly for child support but it was based on an old order from 1999 when finances were different. After garnishments he was taking home $350-to $450 biweekly hardly enough to cover anything. In that time we have fallen $4300 behind on rent and are on the verge of losing our place he was finally able to get support reduced to $200 biweekly and just as he got it adjusted we got full custody of his son because his ex was involved with drugs. now the money is still being deducted even though we have all the papers until we have another hearing to modify which isnt until January 25th now we have another mouth to feed and times are tough im pregnant unable to work we have taken on another child in order to save him from that environment with his mom and altogether were going to have five children as of February sometime end of the month we desperately need some help were in dire need of help we have always paid our bills never asked for help but we truly are desperate.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on programs specific to Columbus and how they offer emergency rent help. And if you have 3 kids you may be in line for priority funding, as most agencies do focus on families with children first. One of the leading non-profits is Columbus Urban League Housing Services Department, and a case manger can be contacted at (614) 257-6300, ext. 300.
Loopapop wrote:I am a mother of 3 plus an additional stepson with a newborn on the way and live in Columbus Ohio. I have lived at the same residence for 2 plus years always paid rent on time which is $1,200 a month. About 5 months ago I lost my job of 13 years they closed there doors out of the blue no warning no severance. I have been unable to find work and my husband is the only one working now his check was being garnished for $530 biweekly for child support but it was based on an old order from 1999 when finances were different. After garnishments he was taking home $350-to $450 biweekly hardly enough to cover anything. In that time we have fallen $4300 behind on rent and are on the verge of losing our place he was finally able to get support reduced to $200 biweekly and just as he got it adjusted we got full custody of his son because his ex was involved with drugs. now the money is still being deducted even though we have all the papers until we have another hearing to modify which isnt until January 25th now we have another mouth to feed and times are tough im pregnant unable to work we have taken on another child in order to save him from that environment with his mom and altogether were going to have five children as of February sometime end of the month we desperately need some help were in dire need of help we have always paid our bills never asked for help but we truly are desperate.