Death of a spouse

State and local government assistance programs.
Namco1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Death of a spouse

Post by Namco1 »

My husband died in July of this year and I have no income. I am disabled and not yet received a check. I was told it may take some time. My water will be cut off Wednesday. My home is leaking so badly because the roof is so terrible and my gutters are falling off. I also need medical attention and and medicine and am waiting on Medicaid approval.
Can you please advise me where to get help? I am very concerned my roof and gutter are going to fall in. I have had 3 deaths recently and I am loosing my mind. Please call me as I am not very good at using a computer.
sasolis

Re: Death of a spouse

Post by sasolis »

Sorry about your loss. Call 211 for local resource information, explain what you need. If you filed disability it takes usually two years or longer.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Death of a spouse

Post by Admin »

We can tell you where to get help in Iowa, and it is right on the site. But you need to do the research, call an agencies, etc. As funding comes and goes. There are also income and other criteria in place that you will need to meet...even when factoring in the fact that your spouse died. And we are sorry for your loss.