Find how to get help with rent
Shauna Mac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I have a rent voucher but need deposit

Post by Shauna Mac »

Greetings!
I am currently in possession of a low income housing voucher recently awarded to me by the Springfield Missouri Housing Authority. I am seeking assistance with the Security Deposit for my future residence, as that is the only hold up right now for my moving in. On April 18, 2012 the Director of the Housing Authority made us aware of the fact that housing by voucher recipients needed to be obtained by June 18, 2012. I would like to know the process for the proper order of paperwork that is to be involved in my particular circumstance for being approved for Security Deposit support. I appreciate your response in this urgent matter and look forward to corresponding with you in the near future. Have a Wonderful Day! :)
ShangHaigh

Re: I have a rent voucher but need deposit

Post by ShangHaigh »

I need help with rent. I had to take my savings and move my family sure to domestic violence. I an a single mom and grandmother. I just need 400 dollars more. I am employed, I just need one time help. Please let this fall in the hands if someone who will understand. I have a 4 month old baby girl and I pay $175 a week in daycare and was not approved for WIC so I have to buy formula out of pocket. Her dad has not helped out so I have no money left. My mother helped me out as much as she could. With daycare being taken right out of my check I only bring home $300 every two weeks so I find myself not able to pay my rent. If you guys could help me out so I can get back on my feet. Thank you so very much in advance.
JRichardson

Post by JRichardson »

My husband, three daughter sons (aged range from 3 to 7) and I were just served with eviction papers. We currently live in Addison however I had to take off work due to pregnancy and my husband lost his job and am on unemployment. We came to a no credit check apartment due to bad credit and have the worst landlord. The building is filled with bugs. We've had to replace 4 beds and countless clothes/shoes/etc. Because of the landlords lack of maintaining. We now can't find someone to rent to us and do not have enough money to pay a high security for flexibility.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Springfield looks to be in Greene County, and we have information on rent and emergency housing for that section of Missouri. While some places may have vouchers to pay a deposit, you will really need to call around and inquire with each agency. Some of the places to call can be found here. Read more Greene County assistance.
Canes

Post by Canes »

I would like to know if I can get help paying first months rent or security deposit? I've tried going to DSS but they don't want to help me. My mom also tried and they still don't want to help. I'm 8 months pregnant, I'm due next month and if I don't get the first month rent or security, I'll have nowhere to go. Is there anything I can do?
Yolanda1

Post by Yolanda1 »

Good morning, I would like to know if you can help me with a security deposit to move into an apartment covered by my housing voucher. I and my kids are currently staying in a hotel. I have a job. I honestly Can use the help. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Normally a rent deposit will not help people with a section 8 housing voucher. Especially if you have no cash to contribute and if your income is limited. But while it may be hard to get help, it is not impossible. So we have a few suggestions, and you can find them here. Read more section 8 security deposit assistance programs.
Rested

Post by Rested »

Hi, yes I have a voucher for rent.
I am moving to an apartment which meets the HA standard, actually is $88 under.
Rent is $1898, and standard is $1986.
However I only get SSI and my state supplement and I need money for the deposit.
Based on what I understand, 30% of $1898 is $569.40
40% of my income is $383.
So how am I able to pay the rent with the voucher or the deposit?
I'm filling out the credit app for the affordable 40b unit tonight.
But stopped and saved my work when I calculated the numbers. And said how do I?
Does the HA have to use 30% or can they use 20% or 10% ? And pay the rest from my voucher.
If they can't, I need your help where to turn to get approved. I have 3 weeks left on my voucher before it expires.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you know, the cost of housing in Orange county CA is very high. But there may be some options for you out there for a deposit grant. Especially if you have a housing voucher, maybe a landlord is willing to work with you. Look here for renters assistance in Orange County CA.
Rested wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:19 am Hi, yes I have a voucher for rent.
I am moving to an apartment which meets the HA standard, actually is $88 under.