Food Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
wegerskib

Food Assistance

Post by wegerskib »

what can I do to get food assistance and help with grocerys and food? Free food, or discounted foor would be great. thank you
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Food Assistance

Post by Admin »

wegerskib wrote:what can I do to get food assistance and help with grocerys and food? Free food, or discounted foor would be great. thank you
It is very easy to save even more than half of food and grocery bills, by using coupons, store brands, shopping at correct stores, and other tips. There are also food assistance programs. Here is a good resource.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

What about cash assistance and other low income grants to help me make it through. I live in Kansas and need grants and cash, in addition to food of course. Where can I turn to? Seems like some of the local aid groups are running out of funds toi help people like me.
Macra

Post by Macra »

I was forced change to retirement from the federal workers comp. OPM has no record of this. Meanwhile, I have no income, with rent and utilities due, and no way of buying groceries. I am 61 yrs old, and disabled. My most need is food as my cabinets and fridge are almost empty as I type. Then I figure I can deal with the rest after that. HELP??? WHAT CAN I DO RIGHT NOW?
jbeers1

Post by jbeers1 »

While we do not quite understand the issue on retirement and what happened, looks like you need some help with a variety of needs. If you food cabinet it empty, you can always try a local church and/or food bank. Most will have some resources they can provide. Also look into the Miami Salvation Army. For a listing of locations of food pantries in the Miami area, find details on those locations and options for you.
bobJohnson

Post by bobJohnson »

My husband lost his job and is having a hard time finding another one in Columbia SC. I just got a part time job but I don't get paid for 2 weeks. Our electric and water are about to be shut off and we have an 18 month old baby. We don't qualify for food stamps or any other help. We have no money for food we have been selling everything we can get money for, our car is about to be reposed also. I don’t know what to do anymore.
NikiMin

Post by NikiMin »

Hi I’m a mother of 4 kids. Right know we are economic bad. My kids were removed from me since last year but I have try my best to get them back. I see my kids every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on my apartment. I have an un-monitored visit with my kids right now. I am not working I don’t get help form the government rider. Why I am asking for help is to buy food causes my fridge is empty. Honestly I am barely making it. Please can some one help me with groceries so I can have food for my kids. Thank you I live in Compton California. Thank you and god bless you. Sincerely a needed mom.
Househunter

Post by Househunter »

I need food. Kids had tortillas and bread. My 15 year old son I sent over to his friends house, I cannot feed them all. I also need some help paying the rent. I have paid most of it and I only owe $240 for this month. Rent is $900 per month, and so I gave the landlady a bit and now I need to pay the $240 Balance. If you can help, that would be great. But most importantly, I need food. Is there a way you can help or guide me in the right direction in Florida? I am honestly running out of options. I went to apply for a job at one of those temp agencies and was turned down. I need some help please. Thank you much, God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe the best place to get free food at is a pantry. There are literally thousands of them in Florida, and many focus on children, so your 15 year old son can benefit. He can get groceries, meals, school lunches, and more from these food banks. They may have referrals to some other programs and needs that you have, such as financial aid. Find out main list of pantries by state. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/food_banks.html
Phil Kritzman

Post by Phil Kritzman »

I am being kicked out of my home due to the fact we are behind on rent and he wants to sell the place any way and my lights are fixing to be shut off today. Me and my husband are on the verge of divorce because we are stressed about bills he keeps getting laid off of jobs. He is currently laid off now and they are fixing to repo my car and then we have two small kids I just need help please

I don't know if you could help or not but it never hurts to try. My husband and I just about lost our home and had to file for bankruptcy to save our home or we would have been homeless but now that we are in it we can not buy hardly any food. My 9 year and 15 year old sons have no clothes for the winter or coats and no shoes that fit :(

I am not worried about myself or my husband at this time just our children but we are in despite need at this time. Even though I hate to even ask for help because it makes me feel worthless I really need the help. If you could please help then god bless you truly if not then maybe you could let me know of where I can get help at. Welfare wont help because they say my husband makes way to much even though they don't care what he brings home they go by what he makes, my husband is lucky

If he can even bring home $400 every two week and that's barley enough to pay our bills with. We have nothing to give for Christmas and have hardly no food. The food banks and welfare cant even help because they look at how much my husband makes and not what he brings home and that is a big difference. Please if you could help God Bless and I will be thanking you forever :)

Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One place that may assist more moderate income families, which sounds like your husband may be, is feeding America. Their income limits tend to be a little higher, so maybe they can help, or have referrals to local pantries for you. They are involved in assisting millions of people per year, so they are a huge non-profit, and even offer food to children. Find information on the Feeding America food programs and resources.
MorganGold

Post by MorganGold »

Hi, I'm writing to you because my husband, 2 girls and I are in Need of Help with food and more. We moved down here a few weeks ago and were invited to stay with his brother but that had all recently changed and we have to be out by the 17th. Well we had used whatever money we Did have to move all our stuff here from Broome County which cost us more than expected, plus had to pay to everything in storage.
My husband started his job on Monday, (which they hold his 1st weeks pay) and we also Put the rest of our money on a down payment for rent on a house that we can move into on the 10th..but here's where are problem lies.
In order to turn the electric on they need a $370 deposit, Plus we have to turn the water on which I have No clue how much that will cost considering we're new to the area. Another problem is I realized afterwards that the house doesn't have a refrigerator so we need one of those too for our food:(
Like I said my husband will get his 1st check next Friday but we have to pay more on the rent so we're stranded on getting the electric and water on, even though we can move into the house on the 10th because we have to get out of here as soon as possible. Do you know where I can get this help and what I would need? Again considering we're new here, I'm feeling completely lost. Hope to hear from you. Thanks so very much for taking the time to read this.
Natural

Post by Natural »

Hello,
I need your help! I am very low on funds and cannot pay my bills and we ran out of food. I need some sort of cash assistance to help me get through this suffering time in my life. We need to buy groceries and need assistance with that food cost. I've recently been let go of both of my jobs due to cut pay and budgeting. Is there any way you can help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well you are not going to get cash to buy your groceries. There is just way too much fraud in the system for that. Instead you can always try a food pantry for advice, or apply for SNAP. But since you mentioned you ran out of groceries, try a pantry. They can bring immediate relief and many are open daily.
Natural wrote:Hello,
I need your help! I am very low on funds and cannot pay my bills and we ran out of food. I need some sort of cash assistance to help me get through this suffering time in my life. We need to buy groceries and need assistance with that food cost. I've recently been let go of both of my jobs due to cut pay and budgeting. Is there any way you can help?
Beneidt

Post by Beneidt »

Dear whom it may concern,
I was looking at your website at all the resources that you have listed on that website, and I am at a total loss as to where to begin. I have had a close person to my family who have recently been laid off from work and she is currently not living in the most suitable environment and doesn't have any food for her and her significant other. If you could please send me some help with resources and where to begin with getting her help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.