Power and lights turn off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
C14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Power and lights turn off

Post by C14 »

I have just moved into new home the lights have been on 1 month and they shut them off 5 days early..they wont break the 640.00 they are billing me up over my next few bills i am 8 months pregnant and have a 9 and 11 year old also and we now have no water or electric..i am a single mom and i need any advice u can offer me..thank you in advance for any help or direction you can lead me in....Sincerly, Heather Jacksonville florida.....
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Power and lights turn off

Post by Admin »

Information on Jacksonville and Duval County assistance programs is here, in the link below. There are many charities, non-profits, and community action agencies. Some will either have money to help you pay utility and cooling bills, and some can help you apply for government (federal and Florida) programs, such as LIHEAP.
You can try the Northeast Florida Community Action Agency in Jacksonville Florida (904) 398-7472.
Family Foundations is another option. Limited financial assistance (904) 396-4846
Also try contacting your power company for programs. Who is it?
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
C14 wrote:I have just moved into new home the lights have been on 1 month and they shut them off 5 days early..they wont break the 640.00 they are billing me up over my next few bills i am 8 months pregnant and have a 9 and 11 year old also and we now have no water or electric..i am a single mom and i need any advice u can offer me..thank you in advance for any help or direction you can lead me in....Sincerly, Heather Jacksonville florida.....
a123

Post by a123 »

Please help. My gas is turned off, my electric is due to be turned off on 8/31 and my water is next on the list. There are five people in the home. one 6 mo. old infant and one person on disability. I have called and called with no luck. Thank-you for any consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state or area do you live in, and who is your utility or power company?
Try this resource http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html for info on LIHEAP, weatherization, programs for appliance replacement, and other options and energy services.

a123 wrote:Please help. My gas is turned off, my electric is due to be turned off on 8/31 and my water is next on the list. There are five people in the home. one 6 mo. old infant and one person on disability. I have called and called with no luck. Thank-you for any consideration.
Pat19

Post by Pat19 »

Can you help with my electric/light bill? I moved to a place with cheaper rent, but the electric bill is
higher than my old apartment. I have an appointment with Community Action On October 6, but they told me there is no guarantee I will receive help. My electric bill for Sept was $215. I paid 108 and owe the balance on Oct 3rd, plus whatever will be billed in October. I have weatherstripped and covered all openings, but still won't have money for food if I pay the entire electric amount. I am a 65yo disabled single woman living alone(with my dog).
Had hip replacement surgery March '09, so hard to find any work am able to do. Any financial help or ideas on work or where to go for help in Baldwin County will be appreciated. Thank You. Alabama.
Larry

Post by Larry »

i would like to apply for ur program on paying my elec bill, or get help in getting my furnace finish hooked up, i am a renter but the owner hasnt been by for about a yr or so and he started to put in a new furnace and quit for some reason and we have the ceiling heat which only 1/2 of it works, we have to heat with elec heaters to stay warm, we have 2 small children in the house, i dont have access to internet all the time so please call me anytime, if u can help me.
thank you very much, cencerely warren
bloomington,in
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bloomington Indiana is in Monroe County. HEre is a listing of agencies to help with bills, including utilities, rent, and more. Try the Salvation Army of Bloomington, which can help with heating and electric bills. Phone 812/336-4310. The Hossier Hills Food Bank is a great place to go to for information on resources, and not just food. They provide guidance and information on government programs. Their phone number is 812/334-8374. Another stop needs to be the South Central Community Action Program. Phone (812) 339-3447
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mon ... rogr4.html
Larry wrote:i would like to apply for ur program on paying my elec bill, or get help in getting my furnace finish hooked up, i am a renter but the owner hasnt been by for about a yr or so and he started to put in a new furnace and quit for some reason and we have the ceiling heat which only 1/2 of it works, we have to heat with elec heaters to stay warm, we have 2 small children in the house, i dont have access to internet all the time so please call me anytime, if u can help me.
thank you very much, cencerely warren
bloomington,in
Veuiy.smi

Post by Veuiy.smi »

I am not working but I am a full time student and I have 2 girls. I and my husband seperated about 10 months and things has gotten really bad. I wanted to know was there any agency in Tallahassee, FL 32308 that can help me with my rent and power for March. There is a school trip coming up and I would like to know if there is any agency that help me with that, because my daughters are A students. E any help I can get will you please call me as soon as possible.

I also have a neighbor who needs help. They have been laid off and i cant fine work they are a truck driver i get Employment i get 339.00 a week and are rent is 900.00 a month We do try to save some out of each of my checks we have a 400.00 Pud bill we have had are power turn off i have a handey cap sonn and my wilf is disable and i have delexcy if never had to ask for help before but we need help and i hope you can help us or we will be liveing in are cars. The person is a veteran.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are agencies in Leon County and Tallahassee Florida. If your daughter if disabled, some programs exist. Some of the charities or non-profits to call in that part of Florida include the Capital Area Community Action Agency, which is the leading agency. Dial (850) 222-2043. They offer a resource known as the Direct Emergency Assistance Program, which can help people with paying utility and energy bills. LIHEAP is also offered by them. Access disconnection prevention programs and other emergency aid. They may be able to help you with federal government student loan programs too. Good luck.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/leo ... ogram.html
Veuiy.smi wrote:I am not working but I am a full time student and I have 2 girls. I and my husband seperated about 10 months and things has gotten really bad. I wanted to know was there any agency in Tallahassee, FL 32308 that can help me with my rent and power for March. There is a school trip coming up and I would like to know if there is any agency that help me with that, because my daughters are A students. E any help I can get will you please call me as soon as possible.

I also have a neighbor who needs help. They have been laid off and i cant fine work they are a truck driver i get Employment i get 339.00 a week and are rent is 900.00 a month We do try to save some out of each of my checks we have a 400.00 Pud bill we have had are power turn off i have a handey cap sonn and my wilf is disable and i have delexcy if never had to ask for help before but we need help and i hope you can help us or we will be liveing in are cars. The person is a veteran.
Howard

Post by Howard »

I AM NEEDIN HELP IN PAYING MY ELECTRIC BILL IS THERE ANYONE THAT COULD HELP ME I AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND NOT ABLE TO WORK I DONT HAVE ANY INCOME .I AM 150% PROVERTY AND I AM NEEDING WHAT HELP THAT I CAN GET UNTILL I COULD GET STARTED ON MY SSI AND GET ON MY FEET AND I DONT HAVE ANY BAD HABITS. PLS CONTACT ME ADRIAN GA 31002 THANK YOU
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are the Georgia utility programs. Usually that 150% poverty level will qualify you for aid. But you need to call around and apply for programs and ask for help. Atmos Energy in Georgia runs Share the Warmth program. The local Salvation Army branch runs it, so call your local agency. Georgia Natural Gas 1-877-850-6200 also runs a few different financial assistance programs for the elderly and low income.
Howard wrote:I AM NEEDIN HELP IN PAYING MY ELECTRIC BILL IS THERE ANYONE THAT COULD HELP ME I AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND NOT ABLE TO WORK I DONT HAVE ANY INCOME .I AM 150% PROVERTY AND I AM NEEDING WHAT HELP THAT I CAN GET UNTILL I COULD GET STARTED ON MY SSI AND GET ON MY FEET AND I DONT HAVE ANY BAD HABITS. PLS CONTACT ME ADRIAN GA 31002 THANK YOU
Greenwich

Post by Greenwich »

I live with my dad it is just him and I and we are having the hardest time paying our light bill we put money towards it every mo and it seems to go higher and it gets shut off with in the mo we do pay we have asked why our bill is this high and if they can check everything they said that they would and have not our lights our getting shut off again this mo and we already paid on the 3rd and we are having it so hard we dont no what to do we both have medical problems and having it hard please can you help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is great that you are looking to help your dad with light bills. Most utility companies offer free energy audits, so they should be able to tell you exactly why your energy bill is high. Find the listing of energy assistance for each state and company. Look into weatherization, payment plans, and cash grants too, while at it.
Greenwich wrote:I live with my dad it is just him and I and we are having the hardest time paying our light bill we put money towards it every mo and it seems to go higher and it gets shut off with in the mo we do pay we have asked why our bill is this high and if they can check everything they said that they would and have not our lights our getting shut off again this mo and we already paid on the 3rd and we are having it so hard we dont no what to do we both have medical problems and having it hard please can you help
NelsonD

Post by NelsonD »

Hello, we currently have had no power for a month, each day I sit wondering when I'm going to die or why god doesn't let me die already; I had to send my son to my friends who can't take me as well, and my brother and his girlfriend did the same with their two children but even further away, living in my house currently is my brother, myself, his girlfriend, my friend, his other friend and my mother who is very sick to turn our power on it's 501.05 that's the minimal it'll take to turn it on they said, they being georgia power, this happened because of a chain of events,caused by my step father, who also is the rapist of his own daughter; my 5 year old sister, who now has to stay with our aunt. we've called every church and agency we could but no one would help, all giving things like "we don't have the funds' after having already making it clear they did, or that they don't help people who aren't this or that ect. then there was my baby sister's own church "We don't get involved" other places just hung up before we could say a word we even contacted senators but they never called back like they promised, i'm sitting at a coffee shop, I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to be here for the fact im getting sick from hungry, as we don't even have any food left, what didn't ruin from not being able to be kept cool got eaten, we're in severe need of help, if not, we will die, ah sure, maybe i'll end up at the hospital, but my mom she will die so I'm begging you for help now, i keep looking and asking even though i'm not sure i should even bother, i'm begging you please, please have mercy on us we don't want a hand out we want help a lift up, even if it took us a long time we would pay the money back so please help us
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Even before you get help for utilities and power reconnected, you need food if you are really going hungry. As you said, call churches, Salvation Army, community action agency, and other local aid organizations. Find a comprehensive listing of food banks by state, county, and city. When you call the food banks, also feel free to ask about utility and energy assistance programs, and they are a great place for referrals.

NelsonD wrote:Hello, we currently have had no power for a month, each day I sit wondering when I'm going to die or why god doesn't let me die already; I had to send my son to my friends who can't take me as well, and my brother and his girlfriend did the same with their two children but even further away, living in my house currently is my brother, myself, his girlfriend, my friend, his other friend and my mother who is very sick to turn our power on it's 501.05 that's the minimal it'll take to turn it on they said, they being georgia power, this happened because of a chain of events,caused by my step father, who also is the rapist of his own daughter; my 5 year old sister, who now has to stay with our aunt. we've called every church and agency we could but no one would help, all giving things like "we don't have the funds' after having already making it clear they did, or that they don't help people who aren't this or that ect. then there was my baby sister's own church "We don't get involved" other places just hung up before we could say a word we even contacted senators but they never called back like they promised, i'm sitting at a coffee shop, I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to be here for the fact im getting sick from hungry, as we don't even have any food left, what didn't ruin from not being able to be kept cool got eaten, we're in severe need of help, if not, we will die, ah sure, maybe i'll end up at the hospital, but my mom she will die so I'm begging you for help now, i keep looking and asking even though i'm not sure i should even bother, i'm begging you please, please have mercy on us we don't want a hand out we want help a lift up, even if it took us a long time we would pay the money back so please help us