Our SSI income is not enough for power bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Omni
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Our SSI income is not enough for power bills

Post by Omni »

I need help to pay my power bill and get it turned back on. I am 61, disabled to work for a few months due to surgeries. I have diabetes along with other health issues. My husband is 69 and only gets social security. My house is hard to keep warm or cool so my average bill is about 350.00, actually its the budget billing.
I'm behind on my rent and my landlord is threatening to kick us out. The weather is really bad now and all we have is a butane heater. Butane is expensive. Please find someone that can help us get our lights back on. We have called every agency or churches with no help. Thank you.
DJack

Re: Our SSI income is not enough for power bills

Post by DJack »

Hi,
I am a single mother of 4 and I also have custody of my five year old nephew both his parents are drug addicts. I pay our bills using SSI.
I work very hard both at home and at work this past month my older sister shot and killed herself and my mother stayed in the hospital for almost two weeks.
Needless to say I didn't get to work but less than a whole week now I'm in the worst situation. I've had nightmares about this and it's terrifying. My power bill is post due and I don't know what I'm going to do. I have no family to help me. You are my last resort, and if there's anything at all you can do to help I would appreciate it more than words can say.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

I need Gas and electricity bill help. Yes, I live on SSI and work part time at Applebee's, I just started a janitorial services and had to invest money. My wife is having to go to the murder trial in June. We are looking now for a place to have a car wash to raise money for her plane ticket, rent a car, and hotel room and food. We only have until the 29th to get her there. I have spent great deals of money to get filers and boards at Fed-Ex. Because of the money situation in all this, are gas is getting turned off and the electric is behind. Was wondering if you can help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are a bunch of financial aid programs for people on SSI. Maybe you can qualify for a disability grant, which may be helpful to you. Also it sounds like you are working hard...starting your own business, working at Applebees, etc. Good for you! That is awesome!
Dandy wrote:I need Gas and electricity bill help. Yes, I live on SSI and work part time at Applebee's, I just started a janitorial services and had to invest money. My wife is having to go to the murder trial in June. We are looking now for a place to have a car wash to raise money for her plane ticket, rent a car, and hotel room and food. We only have until the 29th to get her there. I have spent great deals of money to get filers and boards at Fed-Ex. Because of the money situation in all this, are gas is getting turned off and the electric is behind. Was wondering if you can help?