Federal taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Yankee_fan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Federal taxes

Post by Yankee_fan »

I am one month behind on rent and am in financial hardship until my Federal Tax issue is solved. Per Tax Advocate, it should be resolved by end of June 2016 but I do not have until then. I am a working single mom of 3 and I do not qualify for assistance programs due to my Gross income too high however, after taxes, medical and other deductions I barely make enough to get by. Please help. I am on the last of this tight rope ready to fail and am doing my best to keep up.
CharleD
anti spam: Blue

Re: Federal taxes

Post by CharleD »

Eviction prevention is needed in addition to pay my federal income taxes. I have been struggling with paying my rent for a couple of months. I finally paid them almost 2,000 that I owed with my income tax. Now I still had a balance of $99 but with late fees brought it up to $115.
I have been trying to get my rent lowered because I live in low income housing but they're still charging me $105 + late fees adding to the balance. I already had and I have 0 income, bit I have a large outstanding federal tax bill. I only revive food stamps and I have not been getting hours from my employer.
I'm soon to get a notice to quit and I'm terrified. I never thought I'd be thinking of being in a shelter again with my family and I'm looking for someone to help keep us out of there.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Federal taxes

Post by Admin »

Maybe some type of garnishment with the IRS can pay your back federal taxes. As far as the delinquent property taxes, there are ways to get help with overdue real estate taxes too. Try them for help. Or advice at the least. But generally IRS back taxes are a major issue that could even lead to jail.