Divorced after 20 years

State and local government assistance programs.
SgtMertoo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Divorced after 20 years

Post by SgtMertoo »

Dear Sirs,
I recently got divorce after 23 years of marriage. My children are grown and serving in the US Army. I find myself alone with my three tropical parrots, and without a place to live. At present I'm living with an American family, but lately I have felt the need to move on. I'm constantly tending to their needs while neglecting my own personal affairs.
I was a homemaker for the whole life of the marriage, and I need to start looking up for ways to survive through this very difficult time. I received an "spousal maintenance" but it isn't enough for me to make up the whole amount on rent payments, food, and miscellaneous needs. I will be very appreciative if you could provide me with all the information I need in order to take care of this important matter. I don't want to be a burden, but as for now, I need all the resources that are available for single divorce women like me in order to get on my feet, search for a job and last, but not least prepare myself in some sort of career to become marketable. I appreciate your prompt attention to this message,
Regards,
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Divorced after 20 years

Post by Admin »

Maybe some type of loan would be good for you while you wait for the divorce court proceeding to play out. And Alimony to start. What is your credit? Any good? If not, then try an unsecured loan, as that may be an option. Granted the interest rate may be higher, but your ex should be able to give you some cash as part of that spousal maintenace for those expenses you referred too.
SgtMertoo wrote:Dear Sirs,
I recently got divorce after 23 years of marriage. My children are grown and serving in the US Army. I find myself alone with my three tropical parrots, and without a place to live. At present I'm living with an American family, but lately I have felt the need to move on. I'm constantly tending to their needs while neglecting my own personal affairs.
I was a homemaker for the whole life of the marriage, and I need to start looking up for ways to survive through this very difficult time. I received an "spousal maintenance" but it isn't enough for me to make up the whole amount on rent payments, food, and miscellaneous needs. I will be very appreciative if you could provide me with all the information I need in order to take care of this important matter. I don't want to be a burden, but as for now, I need all the resources that are available for single divorce women like me in order to get on my feet, search for a job and last, but not least prepare myself in some sort of career to become marketable. I appreciate your prompt attention to this message,
Regards,