Mental Health

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
wlnikki
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Mental Health

Post by wlnikki »

Anyone know of free/low income/sliding scale mental health services/counseling? I am not affiliated with any sort of religion nor do I want to be.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mental Health

Post by Admin »

Most do not require a certain religion. For a location for a mental health center, it really depends on where you live. Find our details and information on community clinics, some of which may offer some type of mental health coverage or counseling. If they don't offer it, we bet they can refer you. Find the states, and pick your, from the list midway down the page.
wlnikki wrote:Anyone know of free/low income/sliding scale mental health services/counseling? I am not affiliated with any sort of religion nor do I want to be.
SgtMertoo

Post by SgtMertoo »

I am off work for a medical disability of depression and anxiety, agorophobia and not being paid at work and no money is coming in. I lost my mom unexpectedly recently and have a history of panic attacks and anxiety and this has put me in a major state of depression where I cannot drive or move to go anywhere, I feel I can't function at work and at home. I am seeing a psychiatrist and psychotherapist but they cost 40.00 a visit and the therapist wants to see me once a week, which is money I don't have. I have a job of 34 years with and have not been able to return or function due to my panic attack a few weeks ago that put me in the emergency room with paramedics and my grieving of my mother. I feel I have lost control of everything, which is usually not the way I am, and I have two daughters to support. I don't know where to turn as my electric bill and cable bill is due. My rent is due soon and I do not have a paycheck or money coming in at this time and no money for groceries. Any assistance or referral of where to get assistance or free mental health care would be so much appreciated. I am having a hard time dealing with my mother's passing and the doctor’s state that has put me into a major depression with horrible anxiety. I just need some direction on where to turn or who to talk to. If anyone can give me any feedback it is much appreciated.
SaraTuck

Post by SaraTuck »

Hello, I have been searching for ways to get some help financially for mental health care. Without drawing this email out too far, I'd like to explain a bit of my situation. I lost my job as plant superintendent at a foundry in August of 2011. I had been taking effexor for about 3 years when this happened, since then, of course I was no longer able to pay for the medications so I was forced to stop them, they were prescribed for stress and anxiety. I collected unemployment until it ran out in June of this year, I still, after a year an a half, have not found work, I have hit rock bottom and I am not coping well at all.
I don't know what to do or where to turn, I qualified for EBT benefits because I have 4 daughters (8 through 15) but was turned down for health care. I waited a long time to finally get to this point and start sending emails like this one out asking for help and I feel I can't wait much longer. Please contact me as soon as possible letting me know what (if anything) I can do. My anxiety is through the roof and my nerves are tearing me apart. I won't go on with all of my issues but I want to make sure its known that I'm searching for help for good reason.
Thank you in advance,
Danica

Post by Danica »

Grants to pay overdue medical balances for hospital, doctors, Mental Health Continuing therapy, because I cannot risk being refused care by these organizations. I am SSDI, diagnosis PTSD, and Spinal injuries that require repeated procedures. Unable to work at any job, have tried repeatedly, and even a small income will cause me to lose the drug coverage of 10k a year I receive for my mental condition. Thank you.
WSapp

Post by WSapp »

I am 27, female, no children & never been married. I live in Riverside County & am currently struggling to stay afloat.-Need emergency assistance on finding a place to live, to get out of an ugly/abusive living situation. Mental health counselor needed/possible medications/therapy.
Need help applying correctly for social security due to an extensive mental health history. I need Motel vouchers during the transition time please. I need Grocery/Gas vouchers.
I'm also very interested in continuing my education, by getting my diploma & finding a career. Looking for Government/State Grants/Scholarships to pay off credit debt, rent, & school.
I'm willing to do whatever I can to ensure I'm able to make the most out of my life and improve my mental health, so I can one day do the same for others! Please any help would be much appreciated! Thank you so much!
Colemand

Post by Colemand »

Hello I just need to be pointed in the right direction for free mental health care. I'm a single mom with no income and I do not qualify for Medicaid. I'd like to get a clinic that does testing for ADD, bipolar and anxiety mental health issues. I feel I may be all of these and need help. I live in Burleson TX so if there is a free/low income clinic near here or Fort Worth. Any help would be great I've been checking and I just get know where. Thank you.
Flower10

Post by Flower10 »

To Whom It May Concern:
I was referred to you by NAMI Alabama. I wanted to reach out to possibly get some advice or assistance in helping my mom get the help that she desperately needs as she has mental health issues. My mom has suffered with depression all of her life. She is diagnosed with MDD, GAD, Panic Disorder, and PTSD. Due to her disability, she has been unable to work for the past 18 months. We have tried to reach out for government assistance, but it has helped very little so far. A few weeks ago she got to the lowest point in her history.
She was extremely suicidal and had to be admitted to Shelby Baptist Health Center's Adult Behavior Unit for a week (she lives in Shelby County, Alabama). She is home now, and the change in her medication that they administered left her very dizzy and lightheaded. She has fallen twice now, and has a few broken ribs. It is clear since she has been home that she is unable to care for herself. She is 52 years old and does not yet qualify for SSI, and her mental health disability application is in the process of being appealed. I live in Chattanooga, so it is hard for me to monitor her. I am trying to reach out to every resource I can to figure out what options we have in this situation. Since she has absolutely no income currently (my dad was paying child support for my little sister, but that ended in October) she desperately needs assistance immediately. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.